Diamine Shimmer Set - Blue Lightning

Bhavna

Dear Friends,

Here are the first 6 of 10 reviews for the new Diamine Shimmer Set due to be released at the end of September/ Early October - just in time for Christmas! It has been an absolute joy to explore these inks and I was blessed with sunshine for the last 2 days whilst writing up the reviews and capturing the best shimery-ness for your enjoyment. The images have not been played with, only brightened a little to reduce the grey!

As always, all samples were kindly provided by Diamine Inks. The packaging will be similar to the 150th Anniversary series with colours available individually with an estimated cost per bottle of less than £10. I look forward to your thoughts and comments. The bottle images I have included are my sample bottles and may not necessarily be the same as the final product, but I had to share the magic!

Here we go!

fpn_1440710880__diamine_shimmer_set_swat

fpn_1440710944__blue_lightening_review.j

fpn_1440710995__diamine_blue_lightgening

fpn_1440711028__blue_lightening_bottle.j

fpn_1440710313__6_bottles.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• ethernautrix

• inkstainedruth

• Intellidepth

Cannnnnot wait!

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

WAAANT!!!!

Without the shimmer (whatever they used) this still looks like a great ink. Reminds me of vintage Skrip Peacock.

Thanks for the review. And not thanks.....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yep -- heavy-shading turquoise with silver in it. They've got my money on this one, for sure, the day it becomes available.

Looking forward to Golden Sands...

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

WAAANT!!!!

Without the shimmer (whatever they used) this still looks like a great ink. Reminds me of vintage Skrip Peacock.

Hi Ruth,

That was my holy grail ink and I have a few drops left. This is very close and the shading is divine. If you have Noodler's Navajo Turquoise (which I sourced from the US and which I absolutely love), this is a very good comparison but just a tad lighter and of course sparklier. The combination with silver is really very special indeed.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Yep -- heavy-shading turquoise with silver in it. They've got my money on this one, for sure, the day it becomes available.

Yes it is! I am just sorry I couldn't show the shading off as well. I am excited for you!

That's a beauty, thanks.

You are most welcome.

Ugliness incarnated :)

Wow. That bad?

Reminds me of vintage Skrip Peacock.

Ruth, it does look like old Skrip Peacock. Takes me back to my grade school days.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

WAAANT!!!!

Ruth this comp is for you:

fpn_1440846718__yellow_blue_comp.jpg

Thanks for the scan comparison. Blue Lightning seems to be smack in the middle between Skrip Peacock and the Honore de Balzac (an ink I'm not familiar with).

As for Golden Sands, I think you got me.... :rolleyes: Definitely not as orange as Apache Sunset.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for the scan comparison. Blue Lightning seems to be smack in the middle between Skrip Peacock and the Honore de Balzac (an ink I'm not familiar with).

As for Golden Sands, I think you got me.... :rolleyes: Definitely not as orange as Apache Sunset.

I'm glad it helped. HdB is a lovely ink if you enjoy turquoise inks and a joy to use. Glad the Golden Sands issue cleared up too - i realise it is pretty hard to represent colours accurately especially when they have subtle nuances.

Just read about these over at fpgeeks, and I am excited about Blue Pearl. I'm a little leery about such glittery inks, but I've got J. Herbin Rouge Hematite in a Platinum Preppy, and I like it very much.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Just read about these over at fpgeeks, and I am excited about Blue Pearl. I'm a little leery about such glittery inks, but I've got J. Herbin Rouge Hematite in a Platinum Preppy, and I like it very much.

I need to check that forum out at some point! Blue Pearl is pretty special if you like deep, rich blues. I like Rouge Haematite, but I got the bottleS with no glitter! So I am very annoyed.

Oh. I definitely want this whole collection.

That is never a bad thing and I am delighted about the choice of colours!

Loving the look of golden sands.

Noodler's Konrad Acrylics (normal+Da Luz custom flex) ~ Lamy AL-Stars/Vista F/M/1.1 ~ Handmade Barry Roberts Dayacom M ~ Waterman 32 1/2, F semi-flex nib ~ Conklin crescent, EF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen EEF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen semi-flex M ~ Jinhao X450s ~ Pilot Custom Heritage 912 Posting Nib ~ Sailor 1911 Profit 21k Rhodium F. Favourite inks: Iroshizuku blends, Noodler's CMYK blends.