Great Iroshizuku Ink Pricing And Service From Voice, A Global Rakuten Seller

stevesurf

Here's the link:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?k=Iroshizuku&sid=voice&l-id=gs_product_search

The pricing was incredible, even with shipping. Ten bottles came out to about $15 each! Each ink bottle came in a sealed plastic bag put inside of the original Iro bottle. The box then had a thin layer of high density foam all around the boxes, then put in the shipping box.

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevesurf

• Dhruv_Sood

• haruka337

• lionheartlee

OH My. I'm going home and not looking any more. I will not add the cosmos ink for $15 or the Pilot calligraphy pen which is less than $25 to my cart. I will go home.

Amber continues to chant....

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

OH My. I'm going home and not looking any more. I will not add the cosmos ink for $15 or the Pilot calligraphy pen which is less than $25 to my cart. I will go home.

Amber continues to chant....

I was wondering when a Pinkster would notice :)

Voice is the only shop on Rakuten where I did not have to do back-n-forth emails to check stock and confirm total order cost including shipping. Order placed, then a week later all of my favorite Iro inks for the lowest price.

Keep in mind their packaging is extremely efficient (weight-wise) and protective, but not able to take droppage or puncture. In all the orders from Japan via EMS, I have had only one package damaged, but even if you lost two bottles, it's still a great deal.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Oh, it was seriously tempting. I decided to go home, but had dreams of inks and pens.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I asked my Rakuten seller (komamono-honpo) to use extra packaging to pack the inks safely.

He packed each bottle separately in bubble wrap and the box in which all the ink bottles were packed was kept inside another box. So no damage hopefully. :)

Oh, it was seriously tempting. I decided to go home, but had dreams of inks and pens.

Well don't dream too long, there's a rumor going around that Iro's hand blown bottles will be discontinued and mass produced ones will take their place. This is just a rumor for now, but I love the Iro bottles so much I wanted to make sure I had more Kon-Peki and Momiji :)

I asked my Rakuten seller (komamono-honpo) to use extra packaging to pack the inks safely.

He packed each bottle separately in bubble wrap and the box in which all the ink bottles were packed was kept inside another box. So no damage hopefully. :)

He's really great; K-H's pricing on Pilot Somes gear is the absolute best!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Well don't dream too long, there's a rumor going around that Iro's hand blown bottles will be discontinued and mass produced ones will take their place. This is just a rumor for now, but I love the Iro bottles so much I wanted to make sure I had more Kon-Peki and Momiji :)

As long as the bottle remains the same, I am okay with it. :)

Already have 2 bottles of kon-peki but not too impressed with it.

He's really great; K-H's pricing on Pilot Somes gear is the absolute best!

Yep, he is. His prices for Iroshizuku are even lower than the seller this thread was made for.

Could you clarify 'Each ink bottle came in a sealed plastic bag put inside of the original Iro bottle.' for me.

Do the inks arrive in their original boxes with the expected bottles? It sounds like you may be describing that the ink is decanted from the bottle into a plastic bag? Or is it that each bottle was sealed inside a plastic bag and then place in it's original box?

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Could you clarify 'Each ink bottle came in a sealed plastic bag put inside of the original Iro bottle.' for me.

Do the inks arrive in their original boxes with the expected bottles? It sounds like you may be describing that the ink is decanted from the bottle into a plastic bag? Or is it that each bottle was sealed inside a plastic bag and then place in it's original box?

This one.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Aha, excellent, thanks for the clarification Steve, sounds like I may need to place rather a large order then at those prices!

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

My seller wrapped the box in plastic bag with bottle inside the box. I think sellers aren't supposed to open the box maybe that's why he did this.

I think wrapping the bottles is a better idea. Even if there is any leakage, the leaked ink can be put in a cheap pen. If you wrap the box, the leaked ink will be absorbed by the box. But this is me being cheap for ink. :P

With people buying this stuff practically as fast as it can be made, you have to wonder why they would cheapen the product. We're seeing way too much of Gresham's Law around here.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

With people buying this stuff practically as fast as it can be made, you have to wonder why they would cheapen the product. We're seeing way too much of Gresham's Law around here.

Hi, I don't understand if you are referring to the lower overseas pricing or the potential move to change the hand-blown bottle to a mass produced one.

Either way, when the Yen rebounds, it may very well be less costly to purchase these inks over here. In my mind, Iroshizuku remains a quality brand, regardless of what price resellers offer, as well as how they package them. :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

I ordered three bottles...Hopefully he will take extra care when shipping!

Good luck with it; keep in mind I ordered ten bottles, which came in the same sized box you'll probably receive, and I didn't have any issue!

Ordered 2 bottles; thank you much, stevesurf!

Glad to help :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

This just seems like an average Summer/Fall clearance sale. The vendor may have an abundance of Iroshizuku in stock and may either want to recoup what he paid into the product at minimal profit or the vendor may be trying to clear out stock in preporation of the impending holidays, some of which are a little under 4 months away. Scary. :P

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Hi, I don't understand if you are referring to the lower overseas pricing or the potential move to change the hand-blown bottle to a mass produced one.

I was referring to the bottle change. Did anyone notice that most of Nakaya's new models are plastic instead of urushi?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.