• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vossi

• jmccarty3

• Zhenni

• Tasmith

Well yeah,

So I was in Berlin, to be excact in the KaDeWe and visited Montblanc.

Just fyi I did'nt buy the pen there, because an retailer in my home city made me an offer on 280€ for an new 146.

She was an former owner of the local Montblanc boutique, which is closed now.

If youre working for Montblanc you have to purchase every product for the retailer price, which is the price I'll pay.

Our appointment is in another devistating 2 weeks, hope you don't get mad at me now 3:

Sorry,

Vossi

P.S

I'm working for her now, since she is going for retirement, maybe I'm going to own her boutique, when I'm old enough :D

P.P.S

I would tell you then! :D

Edited by Vossi

@Vossi:

I am going to move this topic to the Montblanc forum.

This is not a review.

As soon as you have the data for your review or reviews, please open a new topic, one per pen, please.

For the moment: enjoy your pens.

D.ick

Thank you, didn't see the section in first place.

If you're working for Montblanc you have to purchase every product for the retailer price

Am I understanding correctly that Montblanc employees get no discount on the company's products?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Am I understanding correctly that Montblanc employees get no discount on the company's products?

Well they don't they're sold for like half the price to the boutiques. The owner of the boutique has to pay EVERY pen.

And if u dont make 10k each moth they suspend you from your duty and close the boutique

without taking the pens back for the price you paid.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Of course the owner of the boutique buys his merchandise at the wholesale price and sells it at full retail. What about the employees of the boutique--if they buy something, do they get some sort of discount? In the US, almost every retailer offers its salespeople a discount like this. My wife used to work at Neiman-Marcus. If you're not careful, you can spend more than you make.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Of course the owner of the boutique buys his merchandise at the wholesale price and sells it at full retail. What about the employees of the boutique--if they buy something, do they get some sort of discount? In the US, almost every retailer offers its salespeople a discount like this. My wife used to work at Neiman-Marcus. If you're not careful, you can spend more than you make.

There is no discount whatsoever.

But I work at the former MB boutique owners new shop, where u get 30% discount on anything. That's nice.

Edited by Vossi

• 1 month later...

So finally I went for it.

I know it did take his while but here is the brief walkthrough.

I'm now the proud owner of an new 146 LeGrand wich i got for the discounted price of 392€ new and not used a single time.

As you can clearly see I made an really good deal there. If you want to know how: I'm working for an former owner of an Montblanc Boutique she had some leftovers which she brought with her the day I was buying my LeGrand from her.

OkOk so far, so good.

The pen is neat and straight forward.

You dont find any curves that would distract you from the necessary things. And when it comes to those thing, this Montblanc does know how the bunny hops.

An very pleasent and fluent writing. It is as smooth as my M800's but the feeling you have is an whole new thing.

You are also able to play a bit with line variation.

If you look at the pen you see something so familiar and yet so fascinating.

The shape is in common use when it comes to ballpoint pens. If you go to an hotel from Steigenberger you will get an ballpoint in this typical cigar shaped design.

Well for two good reasons. First it fits every hand and even after such an long time of use it is still pretty ergonomic. And for second: this shape is copied so many times because Montblanc is known to the whole world. And this shape means power and economic wealth.

Funny to think about what a shape can mean to a person, isnt it?

The pen works in such an harmonic way it is just mind blowing.

For me the pen is an straight 8/10

-1 the new price is an big woop for an pen that is on one hight with the M800 which isnt worse then the 146

-1 because I dont want to believe this is the best Montblanc is capable of and I want to see if I can find anything better.

P.S

Sorry for bad Englando

Truly Yours,

Vossi

Congratulations, Vossi.

A 146 is a brilliant first Montblanc.

Indeed, a brilliant Montblanc, fullstop.

After years of use, mine is still the pen I use most, every day.

Which nib did you get? (You do know that you can change the nib, free of charge, should you wish to? Through the nib exchange scheme - while the pen is new).

Beware. A first Montblanc can be a slippery slope. Many of us have tumbled into a second, third, fourth ... etc.

But you've started well!

Enjoy it in good health.

Oh forgot to mention.

She brought very rare engraved pens, which haven't had any meaning to me so the only avaible nib-size was an Medium one.

But beware, I tested out everything from Ef to OBBB.

And the my choice would have been between M and BB

But since the BB wouldnt have been avaible for the next half year, till she could have layed her hands on a new one I went with the M.

Btw I'm already planing on a Classique and an Mozart and later for an 149 haha. (@CS388) :D

Montblanc 146 is quite great. I have this one.

http://www.upsieutoc.com/images/2015/11/02/montblanc-meisterstuck-146-18C-6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Montblanc 146 is quite great. I have this one.

http://www.upsieutoc.com/images/2015/11/02/montblanc-meisterstuck-146-18C-6.jpg

nice shot mate!