Diamine Announce Their 10 New Shimmertastic Inks!

Chrissy

Diamine have announced today that they are almost ready to launch their latest "shimmer" inks. They should be available at the end of September or the beginning of October. :)

They are called Diamine Shimmertastic inks, and each ink will come in a 50ml glass bottle. Each ink contains either silver or gold particles and these are the colours:

NIGHT SKY ( Black/Silver)

PURPLE PAZZAZZ (Purple / Gold)

BLUE LIGHTNING (Blue / Silver) A cerulean type blue shade

RED LUSTRE (Red / Gold)

SOLD.

Where do I sign?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• drafty

• Feathers

• pepsiplease69

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me just share a little story about a friend of mine's Mother.

She found her Mother upset because her Father had received an overdraft notice from their bank caused by a check her Mother had written. Shortly afterward her Mother went outside to mow their grass & returned promptly because the mower would not start for her. She asked her daughter to accompany her to purchase a NEW mower so she could cut the grass. My friend asked, "But how will you pay for a new mower? I thought you said the bank account was overdrawn?" Her Mother replied,"WELL I will write a check, of course!" Her daughter said, "but if there is no money in the account ......won't Dad be angry?"

Her Mother replied, "Well he will just have to transfer funds from the business account to cover my OTHER check & I am already in trouble for that..........SO why wait to get another cussing when he is ALREADY angry..........THIS way I get two things accomplished with only ONE angry outburst!"

It was her Mother's approach to "fiscal responsibility" in their life & had been "passed along" by her Mother in law when she married her Father. "Mammy" had welcomed her three daughter in laws into her life & shared her "secret" for a successful & happy marriage to her husband, "Never let your right hand know what your left hand is up to!" She treated her daughter in laws to many shopping trips to New York City to enjoy the "fruits of her her Husband's successes" besides gifting each couple with considerable largess upon their marriages. My friend's Parents received a business & house when they married with others receiving similar properties. It had obviously "worked" for Mammy & she welcomed her new "Daughters" with her secret to a happy married life.

I have always been charmed by my friend's Mother's approach to life, "Why provoke 2 cussins' when ONE will suffice!"

Solid advice! I am going to employ this method immediately. Will advise on results ;) LOL

Behind every successful man is the an astonished woman who made it necessary.

Bahahahahaha!!! :lol:

+1

and check my signature

LOL yep!!!! ;) :lticaptd:

OK, I know I'm late to this party. I haven't been following FPN closely, and the first I heard about these inks was when they showed up today in the Goulet newsletter. So, I have a couple of reactions. . .

Reaction 1: I know I've seen something before that looked a lot like these. I got several metallic-sparkly inks many years ago in a boxed set of Francesco Rubinato inks. The were six inks in the set, and three of them were metallic colors. The instructions at the time were QUITE CLEAR that the metallic ones were only to be used in dip pens, not fountain pens.

Reaction 2: Why is everyone comparing with Herbin 1670? Are the 1670 inks supposed to be metallic? I've never had any myself, but I never got that impression before. I thought those were merely super-saturated inks, sort of like Private Reserve or the old Parker Penman?

Reaction 2: Why is everyone comparing with Herbin 1670? Are the 1670 inks supposed to be metallic? I've never had any myself, but I never got that impression before. I thought those were merely super-saturated inks, sort of like Private Reserve or the old Parker Penman?

The 1670 range being referred to is the new/limited edition collection of 4 inks. Emerald of Chivor, Stomy Seas etc. They have small gold and/or silver particulates in them.

I think they got reformulated with this intention, though I think Emerald of C is a totally new ink.

Other thread on E of C: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/292524-oooooooooooooooooooooooooo/

Edited by Drafty

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."

I love the color of the 1670 Ocean Blue, but it is not that easy to lay down an intense gold sparkle on each word I write (as in shading with the glitter). The glitter also settles too quickly to the bottom. It is inconvenient to both filling or getting an even distribution of glitter inside the pen as I write. So there is definitely room for improvement.

Having said that, I really want this kind of ink to work well. It is fun to write with ink with sparkles, and it should be easier to make it work. My experience with the color of the ink is excellent, but the experience of the ink + glitter showing is a hit and miss.

If Diamine can get it work better than JH I would definitely get some!

The Herbin 1670 ink bottles must be shaken vigorously before filling the pen. And it is a MUST: a few minutes is already too late. Turn the bottle upside down to check. All dust must be gone ...it tends to stick to the bottom. First time I filled a pen I had shaken the bottle a few times, as usual: should be enough. It wasn't, barely a sparkle to see.

I am a bit disappointed with the Diamine Anniversary range, the ones I have. Quite wet, and yet with some flow problems. Could be the pens, and I continue testing. Other Diamine inks - and I have a LOT - look good but create a mess around the nib. Some newer ones come out thin.

I have become wary of new Diamine inks ...still I expect to buy several of the line line! I'll always regret it if I don't.

Cultpens have just put them on their website for 9.95 British Pounds. Though not yet available for preorder.

Though still no pictures of the bottles or have I missed one? Before I decide if I have to buy all :yikes: I would really love to know what the bottle looks like!! I know weird, but if possible only Noodlers gets by me in a normal ink bottle :rolleyes:

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

• 3 weeks later...

Cultpens have just put them on their website for 9.95 British Pounds. Though not yet available for preorder.

Though still no pictures of the bottles or have I missed one? Before I decide if I have to buy all :yikes: I would really love to know what the bottle looks like!! I know weird, but if possible only Noodlers gets by me in a normal ink bottle :rolleyes:

You can find photos at goulet's web.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, you can now click through here for a brief review of the whole lot! I like the colours, and the concept, even if the name sounds more like a leg-waxing product. The main niggle seems to be that the bottle has to be shaken vigorously before much sparkle happens - the shiny particles are in suspension, not solution, so will settle to the bottom if left unperturbed.

I think there is a good deal of shading along with the sparkle. Nice.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I am soooo looking forward to seeing the reviews on these beautiful new inks!

She who laughs, lasts 61106869_10219479460406206_6753598647167

• 1 month later...

I remember trying the first J. Herbin. Rouge hematite. Believe it was used in my Pelikan M800. It did not take long for me to have to thoroughly clean the pen because the pen mechanism became clogged. No matter how much I tried, the particles clogged the pen and prevented its use. One of the reviews or perhaps several of them the reviewer reiterated the Diamine Shimmertastic ink was kept in the pen for more than a day during use and still wrote well, just needed a bit of a shake in order for highlights to be visible while using.Therefore, this line may not be using whatever J. Herbin uses to create the highlight effects. In any case, already enjoying this ink line much better than J. Herbin. After my initial experience, believe I threw the J. Herbin ink out and did not bother to venture trying any of the other colors of J. Herbin's 1670 collection. Just my personal experience. -_-

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Perhaps this has already been answered ----- Will this ink tend to clog-up a pen? C. S.

They never clogged up any of my pens, and some of them had their shimmer ink fills in for months. Their behaviour was particularly good in my Parker Sonnet Moonbeam and my Sheaffer Targa Brown Ronce.

One old Jinhao dried out, but that pen dries out no matter what ink I put in it.

They never clogged up any of my pens, and some of them had their shimmer ink fills in for months. Their behaviour was particularly good in my Parker Sonnet Moonbeam and my Sheaffer Targa Brown Ronce.

One old Jinhao dried out, but that pen dries out no matter what ink I put in it.

Chrissy, apologies. This is a long thread, I did not want to go back where I had been to write exactly who said they did not clog and the person stated they had this ink in their pen for months, it was in fact you. Thanks for reiterating. I feel right now as if the shimmer substance is not the same substance for both brands. Although, when using the last of this ink, (sample tube) I did have the experience of having to manipulate the shimmer, which settled at the bottom before I could safely say the tube was clean. Yet, it did not feel the same as the J. Herbin.

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub: