Diamine Announce Their 10 New Shimmertastic Inks!

Chrissy

Diamine have announced today that they are almost ready to launch their latest "shimmer" inks. They should be available at the end of September or the beginning of October. :)

They are called Diamine Shimmertastic inks, and each ink will come in a 50ml glass bottle. Each ink contains either silver or gold particles and these are the colours:

NIGHT SKY ( Black/Silver)

BLUE PEARL ( Blue / Silver) A medium blue shade
PURPLE PAZZAZZ (Purple / Gold)
MAGICAL FOREST (Green/ Silver)
BLUE LIGHTNING (Blue / Silver) A cerulean type blue shade
RED LUSTRE (Red / Gold)
SHIMMERING SEAS (Blue / Gold) A blue-black shade
BRANDY DAZZLE (Brown / Gold)
GOLDEN SANDS (Yellow / Gold)
SPARKLING SHADOWS ( Grey / Gold)

Reviews to follow soon. :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• drafty

• Feathers

• pepsiplease69

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a bunch of folks that will be standing in line for these.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Oh this feels a bit tacky...

Diamine capitalizing on J. Herbin's wild success with their 1670 line...

I hope there are no lawsuits in the works.

A fly on the wall in a Diamine meeting might have heard . . .

"What the heck is going on? Those Herbin boys are selling their inks by the truckload. People all over the world pre ordering them. PRE ORDERING !!

I want some of that. Now go make some sparkly inks, sharpish !"

. . .probably. :wacko:

A fly on the wall in a Diamine meeting might have heard . . .

"What the heck is going on? Those Herbin boys are selling their inks by the truckload. People all over the world pre ordering them. PRE ORDERING !!

I want some of that. Now go make some sparkly inks, sharpish !"

. . .probably. :wacko:

Precisely..

I think Diamine is established enough not to try to copy what others are doing. They should offer something unique and different on their own, without looking like they had to pull a cheap trick like this and copy from others ideas (sorry for sounding harsh there).

I mean, they can introduce something like a setup where one could totally control the quality of the ink on their own, the surface tension, the viscosity, the saturation, the shading and sheen qualities. Maybe control one ingredient and get a different result, and control another one to get a different effect.

I know Platinum already has a "Mix-Free" line, but it only deals with mixing colors, not the other chemical/physical attributes of the ink itself.

They need to find their own nich in the market.

If Herbin does not have some international patent on them, it's open season. I just wish that Noodlers would do sheen inks. I would LOVE that. And I will be one of the sheep standing in line for these Diamines.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to it!

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Precisely..

I think Diamine is established enough not to try to copy what others are doing. They should offer something unique and different on their own, without looking like they had to pull a cheap trick like this and copy from others ideas (sorry for sounding harsh there).

I mean, they can introduce something like a setup where one could totally control the quality of the ink on their own, the surface tension, the viscosity, the saturation, the shading and sheen qualities. Maybe control one ingredient and get a different result, and control another one to get a different effect.

I know Platinum already has a "Mix-Free" line, but it only deals with mixing colors, not the other chemical/physical attributes of the ink itself.

They need to find their own nich in the market.

I don't understand that thinking. Competition spurs innovation and improvements, not to mention price changes!

There's no way they could just rinse and repeat in that short amount of time anyway, the conception to production process would have started a long time before the J. Herbin inks came out.

This is just business. And it's good business. They have more colour options for a start. The conversation probably went more like: "Glad to see that type of ink is selling. Ours will as well. Good."

Maybe..what do I know!!?

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."

I don't understand that thinking. Competition spurs innovation and improvements, not to mention price changes!

There's no way they could just rinse and repeat in that short amount of time anyway, the conception to production process would have started a long time before the J. Herbin inks came out.

This is just business. And it's good business. They have more colour options for a start. The conversation probably went more like: "Glad to see that type of ink is selling. Ours will as well. Good."

Maybe..what do I know!!?

Gosh!! - I sounded all angry there. Not meant at all!!

Came from another heated thread with my feathers all ruffled! :unsure:

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."

Oh my goodness. I want about 46,000 more details. Is this going to be a set? Are there any pictures? Where do I stand in line? Blue and silver...woohoo!

"Wer schweigt, stimmt zu."

Mixed feelings about this one and I am a huge Diamine fan.

I would prefer if the line was based on sheen-heavy inks (what Diamine excells at) rather than the Herbin particle route.

Gosh!! - I sounded all angry there. Not meant at all!!

Came from another heated thread with my feathers all ruffled! :unsure:

No worries at all, I've had many days like that..

Although I should have been mindful of it, thanks for pointing out the thing about production process and the long time it does take for a product to go from conception to maturity and general availability.

The truth is, though, they could have had a comparative advantage over Herbin if they've come to the market a bit sooner.

As it is now, I already have a cupboard full of sparkly pixy-dust inks, Rouge Hematite, Blue Ocean (new), Stormy Green, and now Emerald of Chivor. Some of the inks Diamine is offering are repeats of what I already have, so I likely won't be buying them.

I'm not a Herbin person at heart, I find most of their selection a bit undersaturated for my tastes, but the 1670 line I had to have, no question about that. They've got the fancy 1670 ink bottles, which are less functional than they are pretty. It was a bit of an issue, but not a dealbreaker for me because I usually fill directly to the converter or use a syringe.

If there was a competing Diamine product in the market, I would have chosen Diamine, hands down.

Oh my goodness. I want about 46,000 more details. Is this going to be a set? Are there any pictures? Where do I stand in line? Blue and silver...woohoo!

The inks will all be available separately. They will be boxed in newly designed boxes.

No worries at all, I've had many days like that..

Although I should have been mindful of it, thanks for pointing out the thing about production process and the long time it does take for a product to go from conception to maturity and general availability.

The truth is, though, they could have had a comparative advantage over Herbin if they've come to the market a bit sooner.

As it is now, I already have a cupboard full of sparkly pixy-dust inks, Rouge Hematite, Blue Ocean (new), Stormy Green, and now Emerald of Chivor. Some of the inks Diamine is offering are repeats of what I already have, so I likely won't be buying them.

I'm not a Herbin person at heart, I find most of their selection a bit undersaturated for my tastes, but the 1670 line I had to have, no question about that. They've got the fancy 1670 ink bottles, which are less functional than they are pretty. It was a bit of an issue, but not a dealbreaker for me because I usually fill directly to the converter or use a syringe.

If there was a competing Diamine product in the market, I would have chosen Diamine, hands down.

To be fair, J Herbin have only produced 4 'sparkly' inks. (I think you mean Stormy Grey and Stormy Green was a typo.)

Diamine is producing 10 different inks all at the same time, so it has been a completely different journey for them.

Of course this is jumping on the bandwagon. Herbin didn't release theirs without years of development either, which Diamine would have been aware of. The final development by Diamine & timing of the release has been dictated by assessment of Herbin's success, or otherwise, first.

I'm not a big fan of Diamine anyway. A few are good, most are pedestrian. Adding glitter won't change that.

And what a totally puerile name - Shimmertastic. It's like Toys R Us for inks.

Verba volant, scripta manent

To be fair, J Herbin have only produced 4 'sparkly' inks. (I think you mean Stormy Grey and Stormy Green was a typo.)

Diamine is producing 10 different inks all at the same time, so it has been a completely different journey for them.

I meant Stormy Grey.. thanks for the correction. I should have checked for typos before posting.

And while we're at it, I did say "comparative advantage" I probably meant "competitive advantage".. but hay.. whose looking, right?