The New Speak Easy And Millionaire Marble Collection Fountain Pens From Visconti!

PenBoutique

The new Speak Easy and Millionaire Marble Collection Fountain Pens from Visconti are available!!

Some specs and pictures below:

The Speak Easy:

From 1920 to 1933, Prohibition was a national ban on the sale, production, importation, and transportation of alcoholic beverages. This movement was promoted by conservative groups and organizations such as rural Protestants and social Progressives in an attempt to control a variety of perceived social evils such as alcoholism, drug abuse, and gambling.

During this era, Speakeasies became one of the most prominent symbols of American culture. Often run by organized crime groups, these secret establishments provided a location for patrons to indulge. To enter, Speakeasies often had a hidden location, passwords, or a special knock.

To commemorate this pivotal period in American history, Visconti has created the Limited Edition Speakeasy. The pen, in polychrome celluloid, has a sanitized container inside it that holds a shot of its owner's favorite liquor. An ingenious rotating mechanism in the section allows the user to rotate a window, which states the type of liquor held in the pen. Limited to 1,000 pieces, the Speakeasy is available in Fountain pen and Rollerball. The Fountain pen features a 23K Palladium nib in extra fine, fine, medium, broad, double broad, and 1.3 stub. The packaging includes a matching hip flask.

The Millionaire Marble Collection:

For the first time in the history of writing, Visconti's Millionaire project has been inspired by the use of marble, one of the most luxurious materials in the world, as both a decorative and a functional element.

For over 3,000 years, from the splendid buildings of ancient Greece through the glory of the Roman Empire and the Renaissance right down to the lobbies of the world's leading hotels today, marble has always been used as a decorative element symbolizing pure beauty, opulence and abundance.

Marble, known as the "gleaming stone", had never been used to make writing instruments before now, on account of both the challenges inherent in working with it and its intrinsic fragility.

With the assistance of skilled artisans, Visconti has succeeded in grinding marble to an infinitesimal thickness and at the same time it has brilliantly resolved the problem of the material's fragility thanks to the advanced technology developed in its workshop.

The cap and barrel are both made of marble carved out of a slab 3 cm. thick. The marble is first cut into square bars, then hollowed out internally, reinforced, turned on the lathe to the required size, and finally polished.

Thickness has been carefully calculated to ensure that the pen's final weight is correct and is comfortable for daily use.

We have chosen four types of marble whose specifications are best suited to the manufacture of pens: Portoro Black, Issoire Green from the Alps, Valencia Cream, and Rain Forest Brown.

All parts used in conjunction with the marble are made of resin and turned on the lathe from full bars.

post-23001-0-85206900-1439928583_thumb.jpg

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenBoutique

• Miyuki

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's something about drinking and fine pens that just seems humorous to me. That you can drink directly from your fine pen amazes me. Engineers can do anything.

The bright colors of the pen though definitely match the flashiness of the 20's for me. The flask is cute too, but once again, I have a hard time pairing heavy drinking with fountain pens. Ink would get every~where~ if not careful.

Ink Sample Exchange Post

I have many unlisted but I'm trying not to spam the thread.

I also am happy to provide new vials for samples too!

There's something about drinking and fine pens that just seems humorous to me. That you can drink directly from your fine pen amazes me. Engineers can do anything.

The bright colors of the pen though definitely match the flashiness of the 20's for me. The flask is cute too, but once again, I have a hard time pairing heavy drinking with fountain pens. Ink would get every~where~ if not careful.

:D

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only