Chinese Pens Show And Tell.

Ian the Jock

I've got a Jinhao 1200 in gold that I paid extra for to get pre-ground to italic.

attachicon.gif Jinhao 1200 On Side 2.jpg

The clip really is nifty:

attachicon.gif Jinhao 1200 Clip.jpgThe Jinhao 1200 in GOLD is the pen that Max Walker had in his collection and used to brag

about as having bought in Taiwan somewhere for about $2.oo Oneill. I am glad that someone posted some of Ians

postings which I hope we will never stop paying tribute to my favourite Pen -Pal. I miss him so much,Oneill

Unfortunately, I've just moved, and haven't used it for a while, so the gorgeous purple ink I have in it needs to be flushed, and the pen inked again, so no writing sample at the moment. It does write very nicely, though.

On the note of eight horses pens, I fell in love with them when I discovered they existed. So, naturally, I bought as many as I could find:

attachicon.gif Eight Horses Pens.jpg

My apologies for the image quality: I was in a hurry and the lighting was poor, so the pattern is blurry. Look them up on ebay and buy some if you want to see it really well. :P

The Baoer (507) in all three colors (not pictured are the matching rollerballs :blush: ), the strangely similar Hero model (861), and two printed Heros with the same pattern. The black one doesn't have a model number on it, (it's the 812 calligraphy model) and has a fude nib. The red one is also an 812. (They make one in white, that I must get. There's also the 9063, which looks to be the black 812 with a regular nib.) The silver Baoer (the other colors are called gold and copper) has the engraved part of the barrel on upside down: the only one of all 6 of that model I own. I consider it to add character.

I'd be happy to show of some more of my pens in the future. I've got some really neat ones, too.

I've got a Jinhao 1200 in gold that I paid extra for to get pre-ground to italic.

attachicon.gif Jinhao 1200 On Side 2.jpg

The clip really is nifty:

attachicon.gif Jinhao 1200 Clip.jpg

Unfortunately, I've just moved, and haven't used it for a while, so the gorgeous purple ink I have in it needs to be flushed, and the pen inked again, so no writing sample at the moment. It does write very nicely, though.

On the note of eight horses pens, I fell in love with them when I discovered they existed. So, naturally, I bought as many as I could find:

attachicon.gif Eight Horses Pens.jpg

My apologies for the image quality: I was in a hurry and the lighting was poor, so the pattern is blurry. Look them up on ebay and buy some if you want to see it really well. :P

The Baoer (507) in all three colors (not pictured are the matching rollerballs :blush: ), the strangely similar Hero model (861), and two printed Heros with the same pattern. The black one doesn't have a model number on it, (it's the 812 calligraphy model) and has a fude nib. The red one is also an 812. (They make one in white, that I must get. There's also the 9063, which looks to be the black 812 with a regular nib.) The silver Baoer (the other colors are called gold and copper) has the engraved part of the barrel on upside down: the only one of all 6 of that model I own. I consider it to add character.

I'd be happy to show of some more of my pens in the future. I've got some really neat ones, too.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• Mech-for-i

• Helen350

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have this happy but very SAD duty every now and again of advising all followers of Ian The Jock that he passed away in January of this year suddenly at his home in Scotland, I was advised of his passing by his very lovely

wife, I am so glad to see that some of his postings are re posted by some kind person who like me misses him very much.As I have said many times with great pleasure that he was to all who knew him a Master of the Internet in

the way he changed his writing and changed the ink he was using his writings were always different and oh how he lusted after every pen anyone sent him a photo of,I have no idea how many pens he had but it must have been LOTS I had the pleasure of introducing him to Jinhao and Baoer and I had promised him my collection when I passed on.He was my best ever Pen Pal and I miss him dearly.I see that his postings have had one short of 102,600 That has got to show how we all Loved him.God Rest his Soul.Oneill

fpn_1533028684__ws3266.jpg

Wing Sung 3266, actually its WSE's OEM version of the Hero 738 but the surface Guilloché pattern is different and of course WSE substitute their own nib. Not as well build as the Hero but also priced a lot less ( 50% less or around so ) , the dark gun grey is the only color option , full metal construction , barrel, section and cap, no.5 nib, C/C filling.

Here are some of my favourite Chinese pens ever! The PenBBS 308:

7rXeYXm.jpg

I just got the second one on the left.

I just got the second one on the left.

Please PenBBS, release a very dark green variant on the 308...

It could happen!

While traveling in the US I've been away from Taobao for a month and just noticed that several previously sold out colors had been restocked and also some new colors released.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I just wish penbbs would make a plain black and chrome 309!

I think the 308 has the plain black - chrome/steel trim variant, but you're right they don't have it in the 309 model I think

• 4 weeks later...

Hero 50 Cloisonné in the understated Red-Brown finish , C/C filling, only come with TigP finished F nib but I swap mine with a two tone finish one. The Hero 50 Cloisonné can be had in White, Black, & Bright Blue also.

Hero 50 was introduced to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the brand's founding , and hence the model number. originally available in only plain steel flighter but later evolve to have many different finishes including ornately etched, Guilloché Gold Plated, Silver Plated and Snake Leather. Always come with a TigP ( standard ) Fine nib ( with exception of gift set which had 12K nib ) , plain black plastic section with a single snap trim ring end. The 50 range also had two accompanying Ballpoint, and a Rollerbal ( these not always in all the finishes ). It share the same nib as the Hero 200 which is basically a Parker 75 style nib and use the screw in feed.

42429737120_2ab457a845_k.jpgHero 50 Cloisonné, on Flickr

Edited by Mech-for-i

fpn_1512410589__nov2017haul-selmy.jpg

fpn_1512413802__h703selmyoem.jpg

and I really like the way Selmy do their packaging .. ( note the cardboard box at the back ) ....

fpn_1512411638__nov2017haul-package.jpg

Has anyone tried any other Selmy pens?

I'm pondering these beauties that seem to take regular #5 nibs and have nice acrylic:

TB2gealH7SWBuNjSszdXXbeSpXa_!!196532053.TB23toHzwKTBuNkSne1XXaJoXXa_!!196532053.TB2J.UnHMmTBuNjy1XbXXaMrVXa_!!196532053.TB2FsFMH1ySBuNjy1zdXXXPxFXa_!!196532053.TB2gDU3HHGYBuNjy0FoXXciBFXa_!!196532053.TB2FS7KHQyWBuNjy0FpXXassXXa_!!196532053.TB2VJLuHFmWBuNjSspdXXbugXXa_!!196532053.

Well the Rose Gold metal one do not take no.5 nib it take Parker Vector style nib , in the photo that's alongside my satin gold Hero H703, actually its an OEM version of Hero H610 in a different finish, the other Selmy, the Acrylic one , I've got my eyes on them too, and the info is that these are OEM produced by Fuliwan, essentially a variant of Fuliwan's 016 with a rounded off body and cap , the pen parts are the same. I am pondering getting the white or Black+ White

I've got my eyes on them too, and the info is that these are OEM produced by Fuliwan, essentially a variant of Fuliwan's 016 with a rounded off body and cap , the pen parts are the same. I am pondering getting the white or Black+ White

That was my thought as well. They have the beautiful colors of the fuliwen without the shape I didn't like. All three of them look nice to me, bug the white stands out with that nice icy look.

I think I'll pass due to the gold trim and gold nib color

Edited by penzel_washinkton

That was my thought as well. They have the beautiful colors of the fuliwen without the shape I didn't like. All three of them look nice to me, bug the white stands out with that nice icy look.

I have a black and white on the way...kind of excited! Of course the red and white reminds one a bit of the Platinum 3776 Koi celluloid, but that pattern also reminds me of vomit, so I tend to avoid it.

Of course the red and white reminds one a bit of the Platinum 3776 Koi celluloid, but that pattern also reminds me of vomit, so I tend to avoid it.

That was my thought exactly. Koi or barf haha.

Yesterday Delike released the New Moon 3.

The shiny metal section is a deal breaker for me.

I don't like their trend of increasing the weight with each revision. The New Moon 3 is 37g while the NM2 was 23g and the NM1 just 18g.

I also don't like that they keep decreasing the amount of colors with each revision. While the solid colors are nice, I'm sad that they've abandoned the beautiful acrylics that drew me to buy the NM2 a while back. They should learn from Penbbs and offer more colors, rather than less.

O1CN011xBzeadCfQKOiAW_!!81296406.jpg

Here is a comparison of all three New Moons from top to bottom. I guess you could call them new, newer, and newest moons.

O1CN011xBzeaANao7B8Zt_!!81296406.jpg

The colors seems like they are still in their summer vibes. Those shiny metal trim tho, I think I might put on some sunglasses...

Edited by penzel_washinkton

I think the color choices are a little odd. Basically white and two shades of turquoise.

Surprised that the Delike are as cheap as the Moonman 80s / Mini. if that is the case then it might be the same material as the 80S / 80 Mini