Chinese Pens Show And Tell.

Ian the Jock

Oneill, I'll stick a couple of pics of my Jinhaos on the ONEILLS PENS thread, for you to have a look at.

I must admit......I do like a Jinhao. :lol:

Ian

Thanks Ian . I am waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• Mech-for-i

• Helen350

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you ever noticed how many Pages someone has used on this Forum, they want to find something better to do

with their spare time!!!!!!!Anony

Thanks Ian . I am waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put them on the other day Oneill.

If you go to the thread ONEILLS PENS, you'll find a pic of my Jinhaos there.

Ian

Have you ever noticed how many Pages someone has used on this Forum, they want to find something better to do

with their spare time!!!!!!!Anony

Hahaha

The threads been going for over 2 years Oneill, but Yes, I have been on it a lot :D

Ian

I put them on the other day Oneill.

If you go to the thread ONEILLS PENS, you'll find a pic of my Jinhaos there.

Ian

Hahaha

The threads been going for over 2 years Oneill, but Yes, I have been on it a lot :D

Ian

Hi Ian, don't forget 87 years OLD, how do I go to that thread, please tell me Oneill.

Hi Ian, don't forget 87 years OLD, how do I go to that thread, please tell me Oneill.

I do apologise Oneill, for making you appear to be an auld guy ;)

I noticed you found the thread. Good stuff.

Ian

Not to let mech-for i have all the fun. :D

fpn_1511785065__1026_572.jpg

fpn_1511785315__1026_572_2.jpg

And I nearly forgot.

The 1026 is inked with Private Reserve DC Supershow blue, and the 572 is inked with Diamine Florida Blue.

2 Absolutely brilliant Heros.

The 1026 is built like a tank. :D

Ian

Not to let mech-for i have all the fun. :D

fpn_1511785065__1026_572.jpg

fpn_1511785315__1026_572_2.jpg

And I nearly forgot.

The 1026 is inked with Private Reserve DC Supershow blue, and the 572 is inked with Diamine Florida Blue.

2 Absolutely brilliant Heros.

The 1026 is built like a tank. :D

Ian

Gorgeous pens and gorgeous writing!!

I think that sexy flexy 572 is calling me....can the sections on these pens feel slippery with sweaty hands?

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Ian,

The somewhat flexible nib on the 572 looks very much like that on the copper-clad 395, and the Jiangyin-built Wolff 186; it's hard to tell when the 572 was built, but if it's a currently built model, they might have made a fair quantity of those nibs.

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

Gorgeous pens and gorgeous writing!!

I think that sexy flexy 572 is calling me....can the sections on these pens feel slippery with sweaty hands?

Thanks TruthPil

I don't find they get slippery at all, although the most I've written at any one time with them is maybe 5 or 6 pages.

The sections are well shaped and I find that my fingers rest on the "fluted" end bit, making them both very comfortable to use.

Ian,

The somewhat flexible nib on the 572 looks very much like that on the copper-clad 395, and the Jiangyin-built Wolff 186; it's hard to tell when the 572 was built, but if it's a currently built model, they might have made a fair quantity of those nibs.

I don't think it's a current model Seele.

I got it as a gift a couple of years ago, and there were none to be found back then, but that was of course here in the West, and on Ebay China.

There are no doubt some still knocking about in China, or via Hero themselves.

Like most, I had no idea Hero produced flex nibs until I got this pen, and there are no doubt many who will state that it isn't flex and that I am "forcing" or "pushing" the nib and it's only a matter of time before I break it, because there's no way Chinese companies would make such a splendid thing, :lol: however, It is flex, and requires very little in the way of pressure to make it do so.

I have other pens with "genuine" semi-flex nibs, and this one is at least comparable with those.

AND

It's a splendid looking pen as well. :thumbup:

Ian

I don't think it's a current model Seele.

I got it as a gift a couple of years ago, and there were none to be found back then, but that was of course here in the West, and on Ebay China.

There are no doubt some still knocking about in China, or via Hero themselves.

Drat, it's nowhere to be found on Taobao either, so it may have been discontinued a while ago.

Perhaps that's because most FP users in China (at least those I've met) seem to prefer nails as opposed to flex nibs.

Drat, it's nowhere to be found on Taobao either, so it may have been discontinued a while ago.

Perhaps that's because most FP users in China (at least those I've met) seem to prefer nails as opposed to flex nibs.

TruthPil

I reckon it's been discontinued for at least 3-4 years.

I'm not surprised that Chinese users aren't keen on flex, as I'd imagine that it wouldn't be great for writing Chinese characters.

Ian

Ian,

In case you are wondering, I did a short video on the Wolff 186; I did not mention the flex capability of the nib for obvious reasons.

Should I show mine too then ; the 572 I do have and mine the all black; so I think; cause I have got to locate it first .... LOL ... Its somewhere in my cache. And the Wolff 186 I have 3 VARIENT .. I certainly do not mind the flex they are nice to have. My experience with Chinese fountain pen user in general is that they are not against flex, just that they do not find that a essential property what they needed in writing the language. And Flex usually is of little help in more artistic calligraphy in Chinese either. With proper technique one can employ a flex to do Chinese ( or kenji in Japanese ) but its far more suited with a Fude or the multitude of Calligraphy nib the Chinese and Japanese Mfr provide.

Edited by Mech-for-i

Should I show mine too then ; the 572 I do have and mine the all black; so I think; cause I have got to locate it first .... LOL ... Its somewhere in my cache. And the Wolff 186 I have 3 VARIENT .. I certainly do not mind the flex they are nice to have. My experience with Chinese fountain pen user in general is that they are not against flex, just that they do not find that a essential property what they needed in writing the language. And Flex usually is of little help in more artistic calligraphy in Chinese either. With proper technique one can employ a flex to do Chinese ( or kenji in Japanese ) but its far more suited with a Fude or the multitude of Calligraphy nib the Chinese and Japanese Mfr provide.

Yeah, at the university I teach at the only students who must use an FP are the Chinese majors and they are required to use a fude nib for their calligraphy classes (when not using a brush of course).

Intrigued by the news of the PenBBS Model 309, I put the PenBBS site into Google translate and in the Model 309 thread it produced this from one append:

“Want a solid rod, such as soy orange, army green, Mensao yellow. And hard and slippery tip.”

I wonder if the Chinese for “flex” would be translated as “floppy”. ;-)

Translation engine can be so .... Creative ... Shall I say .. I believe the wording mean wanting solid color barrel and smooth nib

I'll need to investigate this Wolff 186 business. :rolleyes:

Seele, Mech, You guys are great.

You are certainly helping to open boundaries, and make people more aware of the depth of the Fountain pen scene/industry in China.. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

First it was Chinese pens...

Then it was Broad nibbed Chinese pens..

Then it was "never heard of" Chinese pens...

Then it was lightweight triumph nibbed Chinese pens...

Now we're onto flex nibbed Chinese pens.........Where does it all end? :lol:

Ian

As an aside,

I also posted the 2 Heros pic on the main forum, and in these current times of the inexhaustible, and much documented, not to mention, extremely expensive, hunt for modern flex ...................Nothing!, Nada! not a sausage! :lticaptd: Not one single comment.

Maybe it's $300 too cheap for anyone to notice. :lticaptd:

I'll need to investigate this Wolff 186 business. :rolleyes:

Ian,

As per Chinese habit they ignore the official name in Latin altogther, and rendered the Chinese name in pinyin romanization instead; so "Wolff" became "Huafu", much like "Golden Star" became "Jinxing", etc. A search using "Huafu" should bring you to an eBay seller offering them.