Update: The Fpn 2015 Le Blue Pearl Celebration Fountain Pen

wimg

How wide do Bock nibs go? And duo-points mean that when reversed, it writes about a size finer?

Because of the large size of these nibs, they are #8s, they can be made to go wider than "default", up to 1.2 to 1.3 mm as a stub or italic for the B nibs, due to the large size of the tipping material used.

Normally the reverse side is indeed about a size smaller, but it can be made smaller than that as well, 2 sizes smaller is what we will do, but it can also be made into an italic if s required.

We have been known to create double left footed obliques, i.e, LFO when writing normal, and LFO when writing in reverse (think about that! :)), and although that theoretically would be impossible, with the right amount of tipping, the right tools, and a lot of patience, that can actually be done too ;).

In short, there are lots of possibilities for nib modifications :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Tojusi

• RMN

• Adamseto

Top Posters In This Topic

My serial no. 9 just showed up about an hour ago. I spent some time practicing filling it with water and filled it with Iroshizuku Asa-gao. The nib is a stub when used normally, and a fine italic when used upside down. It's super smooth both ways. I can already tell that this will be among my very favorite pens.

These are just quick and dirty hand-held snapshots, right out of the camera with no corrections other than cropping. But I just wanted to get something to post to show that the pens are starting to arrive :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

THANK YOU, WIM!

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/ZzzY23U2TOEMD5/11620182.0/800/p/Conid_with_writing_sample.jpg

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/ZzzY23U2TOEMD5/11620183.0/800/p/Conid_Pen%2C_uncapped.jpg

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

Dear Mr. Antique

I see ink window is demon but default is colour " yellow " . Have you changed at registration ?

Name : Le Duy Hung

Address : No.730 Ngo Gia Tu Str., Hai An Dist., Hai Phong City, Viet Nam

Cell : (84) 979 13 49 53/ (84) 987 15 07 85

Email : thanchetdemnoel@gmail.com

I did not specify what color ink window that I preferred. However, my pen came with a clear ink window, not yellow. As it happens, I'm perfectly happy with that.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

Wow, such beautiful pens, I so dearly wish I could have joined in this year. As it happens I have just ordered my very first Conid, a Regular Flattop Demo with clear grip section. I'm insanely excited for it and aren't even sure how I'll cope with the two or three week wait I still have ahead, but I really hope that next year will see another Conid / FPN collaboration, and by then, I will be ready. :wub: :bunny01:

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

Dear Mr. Antique

I see ink window is demon but default is colour " yellow " . Have you changed at registration ?

Hi.

In the first announcement the ink-window in the prototype was yellow, but for the finished product it is clear translucent.

I have put a remark on the bottom of that announcement to be sure.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi.

In the first announcement the ink-window in the prototype was yellow, but for the finished product it is clear translucent.

I have put a remark on the bottom of that announcement to be sure.

D.ick

Dear RMN

I think color ( default ) of ink window is yellow , Before order, i have question to Mr. Wim, I missing take note in my order, But I very happy have one fountain pen, My friend recviced at USA and shipping to Viet Nam, Thank you for adv.

Thanks and best rgrd .

Wow, such beautiful pens, I so dearly wish I could have joined in this year. As it happens I have just ordered my very first Conid, a Regular Flattop Demo with clear grip section. I'm insanely excited for it and aren't even sure how I'll cope with the two or three week wait I still have ahead, but I really hope that next year will see another Conid / FPN collaboration, and by then, I will be ready. :wub: :bunny01:

We still have a few extra from the first production batch run... CONID was so kind to produce a few extra pens for us <ROFL>.

We will produce more of these pens, obviously, as we haven't reached the limit of the total number of pens to be produced yet, and as it stands, we already have one order for the next batch run, even though we have not run out of pens yet right now :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Dear RMN

I think color ( default ) of ink window is yellow , Before order, i have question to Mr. Wim, I missing take note in my order, But I very happy have one fountain pen, My friend recviced at USA and shipping to Viet Nam, Thank you for adv.

Thanks and best rgrd .

Hi Adamseto,

The ink window colour has changed to colourless transparent rather than yellow, actually, as announced a little bit higher up in this topic somewhere. I will try to update the sales info as well. The yellow in the end was not as appetizing a colour as we first thought, and transparent did actually work very well with the pen :).

We can actually ship to Viet Nam straight away. Also, paying through the EURO Order option is cheaper than paying via the USD Order option. All you need to take care of is that the amount displayed in the Euro Order option is not a USD amount, but a Euro amount; you have to ignore the $-sign.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

My serial no. 9 just showed up about an hour ago. I spent some time practicing filling it with water and filled it with Iroshizuku Asa-gao. The nib is a stub when used normally, and a fine italic when used upside down. It's super smooth both ways. I can already tell that this will be among my very favorite pens.

These are just quick and dirty hand-held snapshots, right out of the camera with no corrections other than cropping. But I just wanted to get something to post to show that the pens are starting to arrive :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

THANK YOU, WIM!

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/ZzzY23U2TOEMD5/11620182.0/800/p/Conid_with_writing_sample.jpg

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/ZzzY23U2TOEMD5/11620183.0/800/p/Conid_Pen%2C_uncapped.jpg

It is only a pleasure, Bill, and thank you!

I am glad you like it, it is absolutely my go-to pen as well - and for a change, I properly adjusted and modified my own nib too :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Dear Mr. Wing

My friend already help me order it, I only take note order serial 013/132 . My friend received at USA , I only wait at VN :D

Thanks and best regards .

Edited by Adamseto

Dear Mr. Wing

My friend already help me order it, I only take note order serial 013/132 . My friend received at USA , I only wait at VN :D

Thanks and best regards .

Ah, ok, thank you.

Your pen was shipped to the USA on November 28, via normal insured shipping. :)

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

We still have a few extra from the first production batch run... CONID was so kind to produce a few extra pens for us <ROFL>.

We will produce more of these pens, obviously, as we haven't reached the limit of the total number of pens to be produced yet, and as it stands, we already have one order for the next batch run, even though we have not run out of pens yet right now :).

Warm regards, Wim

Oh no! This is good news, yet somehow my anxiety levels have markedly increased, haha! I did go to the FPN sale page for the pen after posting here and was surprised to see it still available.. the Blue Pearl colour is just beautiful and perfect for me as I love these shades. Hmm..

I know.. if I completely eschew all Christmas dining-outs and bar-propping-up in my near future over this holiday season, just staying home to play with my impending Bulkfiller instead, perhaps I could save enough in time to snag one of the last pens of the series? :eureka:

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

I've had a change to take some better photos. Click on them to enlarge. (The pop-up "enlargement" is actually not any larger if you have a very large monitor.)

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TNuAuNIN0TzEzY/11629050.0/800/p/CN01_Conid_FPN_Celebration_Blue_Pearl%2C_closed.jpg

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TNuAuNIN0TzEzY/11629051.0/800/p/CN01_Conid_FPN_Celebration_Blue_Pearl%2C_open.jpg

Bill Sexauer
PCA Member since 2006

BillLS your pen is stunning! My highest compliments on your wisdom for getting one! This will truly be a family Heirloom.

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

Looking at the webpage for the pens, I'm surprised that I cannot find some basic things, such as the physical dimensions and weight of the pen.

Oh no! This is good news, yet somehow my anxiety levels have markedly increased, haha! I did go to the FPN sale page for the pen after posting here and was surprised to see it still available.. the Blue Pearl colour is just beautiful and perfect for me as I love these shades. Hmm..

I know.. if I completely eschew all Christmas dining-outs and bar-propping-up in my near future over this holiday season, just staying home to play with my impending Bulkfiller instead, perhaps I could save enough in time to snag one of the last pens of the series? :eureka:

:D

As long as you are fast enough ;), yes, of course.

Essentially the idea is to produce 132 pens, with a first batch run of 20, which we actually surpassed - 33 have been produced now, including the 3 extra ones CONID was so kind to do in addition.

The next batches will be of 10 pens each, minimum, before we order another run. I would like to up this to 15, however, as it requires a day of my own time to go and collect them.

And of course, as FPN does have no funds other than to pay for running costs, it will still be a Group Buy approach, IOW, people will have to pay in advance.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Looking at the webpage for the pens, I'm surprised that I cannot find some basic things, such as the physical dimensions and weight of the pen.

Well, I have actually never seen a pen manufacturer list those, to be very honest. And so far we have not seen a review yet - that would be a bit difficult at these early stages.

Regardless, I weighed one of the pens for you:

- unfilled, entire pen: 29.4 grams

- cap: 7.6 grams

- pen, uncapped, unfilled: 21.8 grams

- filled, entire pen: 32.4 grams

- pen, uncapped, filled: 24.8 grams

I haven't got my calliper handy, so measurements will have to be with a ruler for now.

Length pen, capped: 142 mm

Length cap: 64 mm

Length pen, uncapped: 136 mm

Maximum thickness pen: 14.4 mm

Thickness section, minimum: 11.8 mm

Nib length protruding from section: 25.3 mm

Maximum cap thickness (excluding clip): 16 mm

All length and thickness measurements are approximate, obviously, but fairly close.

The interesting thing is that although the pen is, relatively speaking, fairly short for its size, only 6 mm longer than, e.g., the Etrurias LEs we did in 2012, the pen itself is significantly longer than the same, by a full cm.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I've had a change to take some better photos. Click on them to enlarge. (The pop-up "enlargement" is actually not any larger if you have a very large monitor.)

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TNuAuNIN0TzEzY/11629050.0/800/p/CN01_Conid_FPN_Celebration_Blue_Pearl%2C_closed.jpg

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TNuAuNIN0TzEzY/11629051.0/800/p/CN01_Conid_FPN_Celebration_Blue_Pearl%2C_open.jpg

Thank you, Bill,

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful pen!

If you don't mind too much, I will refer people who are interested in this pen to your pictures here :).

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Well, I have actually never seen a pen manufacturer list those, to be very honest. And so far we have not seen a review yet - that would be a bit difficult at these early stages.

Regardless, I weighed one of the pens for you:

-

<SNIP>

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Actually, Conway Stewart (alas now demised) had a page wirh pictures, sizes and weights on their current line. I think Mary Burke introduced that on specific questions from our members. Alas, that is all in the past now.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~