Update: The Fpn 2015 Le Blue Pearl Celebration Fountain Pen

wimg

They had a few LEs that cost a lot of money. I am not using the word expensive here, as expensive also has a value opinion in it, for me.

These pens are sold out now, AFAIK.

It is hard to say what the flagship is. All their pens are with the same very high production quality, and all their pens get the same perfectionist attention in production.

But I think the upcoming FPN LE will be top of the line that will currently be available. And alas for me unobtainable.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Tojusi

• RMN

• Adamseto

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the idea of a 'flagship' is a bit erroneous. The Kingsize is the largest (and is available in a flat-top and torpedo) - within that, the standard model is made from black ebonite with the barrel in either black ebonite or clear acrylic. I have a standard kingsize torpedo with a clear barrel (fitted with a 149 nib), and it a lovely pen.

Then, of the kingsize, there was one celluloid special edition (the Flanders Fields LE to commemorate WWI), and from what I understand, a further "King of Holland" LE is due in orange ebonite. The FPN is an LE in pearlescent acrylic. There is also a striated green 'standard model' mooted. All of these, however, are of the same kingsize silhouette.

Then...

... there is the CAISO (Cap Actuated Ink Shut Off) which I suppose you could call the 'technological flagship'. I have yet to see one in person (I have, however, ordered one and should be picking it up at the London Pen Show in October), but this is an evolution of the bulkfiller concept whereby the reservoir is opened and closed by screwing/unscrewing the cap. I am sceptical as to whether this will add any practical benefits to the user-operated blind cap seal, but I was intrigued...

Hope that helps.

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.

This is a gorgeous looking pen. Sadly, it is about $1000 out of my reach, but I am sure there are plenty of wealthy members that will be able to indulge their love of fountain pens with a celebration of FPN goodness. Enjoy!

Holly

It is one beautiful pen indeed.

I have been able to sell a couple of pens in my collection in the mean time, and it looks like I will be able to get one after all :). :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

We are up to 18 pens now, BTW, so only 2 more before our first production run!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Good to hear that Wimg! I hope someone local here buys one so I can admire it up close! :)

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The first production run has been ordered, and if all goes to plan, this first run will be around October 20, with at least the first few pens ready around November 7 !!!

:wub: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :thumbup: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Warm regards, Wim

P.S.: Anybody who wants to receive an FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE pen before Christmas still, best orders well before October 20!

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Wim

Pls advise color ( default ) of ink window ?

thanks & best.

DuyHung

Edited by Adamseto

Name : Le Duy Hung

Address : No.730 Ngo Gia Tu Str., Hai An Dist., Hai Phong City, Viet Nam

Cell : (84) 979 13 49 53/ (84) 987 15 07 85

Email : thanchetdemnoel@gmail.com

It is as in the pictures, DuyHung, a sunny yellow, to fit with the gold nibs, and to better fit with the material used as well.

First attempts with the prototype were with a plain transparent ink window, but that just didn't look so good. The colour used now actually doesn't detract from the beauty and elegance of this pen.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

It is as in the pictures, DuyHung, a sunny yellow, to fit with the gold nibs, and to better fit with the material used as well.

First attempts with the prototype were with a plain transparent ink window, but that just didn't look so good. The colour used now actually doesn't detract from the beauty and elegance of this pen.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Dear Wim

well noted with thanks your msg, I like sunny yellow,

Thanks and best !

Duy Hung

Name : Le Duy Hung

Address : No.730 Ngo Gia Tu Str., Hai An Dist., Hai Phong City, Viet Nam

Cell : (84) 979 13 49 53/ (84) 987 15 07 85

Email : thanchetdemnoel@gmail.com

I managed to see, hold, and test write a prototype at the London Pen Show today. The pen is BEAUTIFUL!!

:bunny01:

I managed to see, hold, and test write a prototype at the London Pen Show today. The pen is BEAUTIFUL!!

You're a lucky so and so.... but I guess you know that...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Same.

The lucky few who have placed an order are in for a real treat.

How LOVELY is Francis too !!

I too tried out the FPN LE Prototype today and I must say it is a lovely pen which I would highly recommend (I have ordered one).

The engineering of the Conid Bulkfillers is second to none.

Werner and Francis are very committed to the design and manufacture of the pens.

fpn_1443994307__2015-10-04_133651_2_1024

I got my photo taken with Werner and Francis.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

I'm sort of interested in the pen after reading about CONID, but does anyone have information about how wide the nibs go? What customisations are people going with?

The nibs go from F to B, and can be customized from a needlepoint to a 1.3 italic and anything in between, more or less :). In addition, the nibs can be made into duo-points, IOW, they can be made to write normally and in reverse.

Many people go with some form of italic or stub modification, and so far all of the people ordering mods also go with duo-points. It is relatively little extra when ordering a modification in the first place.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I too tried out the FPN LE Prototype today and I must say it is a lovely pen which I would highly recommend (I have ordered one).

The engineering of the Conid Bulkfillers is second to none.

Werner and Francis are very committed to the design and manufacture of the pens.

fpn_1443994307__2015-10-04_133651_2_1024

I got my photo taken with Werner and Francis.

Ah, I wish I could have been there too....

Maybe next year, who knows :).

And yes, they are very committed indeed.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

The nibs go from F to B, and can be customized from a needlepoint to a 1.3 italic and anything in between, more or less :). In addition, the nibs can be made into duo-points, IOW, they can be made to write normally and in reverse.

Many people go with some form of italic or stub modification, and so far all of the people ordering mods also go with duo-points. It is relatively little extra when ordering a modification in the first place.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Slightly incorrect: here is one who went with a modification but not duo point.

Slightly incorrect: here is one who went with a modification but not duo point.

Ok, I stand corrected, most :). I didn;t check it, just off the top of my head :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman