Handwritten: Your Favourite Quotes

JLukeW

RoyalBlueNotebooks, that is a lovely translation! Is it your original, or where did you find it?

I like it almost better than the original:

It was a good find. This page was in my bookmarks but I didn't remember why. When I opened it, I remembered.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/1113469.Hermann_Hesse

fpn_1592956106__to_be_remembered_01.jpg

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• Bookman

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• Inky.Fingers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1592959319__836.jpg

Fred

Of all the needs a book has the chief need is that it be readable..........ch. 19 Autobiography

Anthony Trollope.........................................................................................................................

fpn_1593123698__616.jpg

Fred

If you believe in me. I'll believe in you.....Through the Looking Glass....Listening to.....What You Won't Do for Love..Bobby Caldwell

Now for something completely different.....................Laws are like spider's webs: if some poor weak creature come up against them,

it is caught..but a bigger one can break through and get away. Solon

It is better that ten guilty persons escape then one one innocent suffer...Sir William Blackstone {Yo 1L what ya think...}

Ignorance of the law excuses no man; not that all men know the law, but because 'tis an excuse every man will plead,

and no man can tell how to confute him. Law p.99 John Selden {??Sp.}

The Law: It has honoured us may we honor it...........Daniel Webster.........................

fpn_1593484153__107.jpg

Fred

Who are you?

I am complicated..................................

Proverb of the day:

Ten enemies cannot do a man the harm that he does to himself.........................................................

• 2 weeks later...

fpn_1594235264__206.jpg

Fred

Muss es sein? Es muss sein.

Epigraph to String Quartet in F Major, Opus 135

Ludwig Van Beethoven.......................................

• 2 weeks later...

fpn_1594953372__1030.jpg

Fred

If she can stand it. I can. Play it!

Casablanca {1942}, script by Julius J. Epstein, Philip G. Epstein,

Howard Koch. Often quoted as Play it again Sam.....................

• 3 weeks later...

fpn_1596931421__756.jpg

Fred

Everybody knows dummies can't talk ...

unless of course they learn their vocabulary

in the Twilight Zone.

• 1 month later...

The previous post put me in mind of...

fpn_1600623652__49856a68-f927-4802-9834-

...this quote :)

Sorry the pic’s a bit big - I think that my next uploaded image ought perhaps to be set to the next size down from this one.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

I am genuinely surprised that, in the 1754 previous posts to this thread, nobody has yet included this quote...

fpn_1600813697__03419d11-d062-43c8-9a27-

:D

The famous line of dialogue that I quoted is certainly true of the equipment that I used to write it - a Pelikan M805F filled with Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite.

Equally fitting is the fact that the hamfisted inelegance of my rushed scrawl is, sadly, itself an exemplary illustration of the barbarity of the current times :yikes:

;)

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

fpn_1600923721__125724.jpg

Fred

The minstrel boy to the war is gone

In the ranks of death you'll find him His father's sword he hath girded on

And his wild harp slung behind him........."Land of Song!" cried the warrior bard

Tho' all the world betrays thee One sword..at least..thy rights shall guard

One faithful harp shall praise thee! The minstrel fell! But the foeman's chain

Could not bring his proud soul under The harp he lov'd ne'er spoke again

For he tore its chords asunder

And said" No chains shall sully thee Thou soul of love and bravery!

Thy songs were made for the pure and free

They shall never sound in slavery

Redactin'..Chief, Hear You Loud and Clear

Edited by Freddy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...