Noodler's Inkmyn Sapphire - Better Than Parker Penman Sapphire

amberleadavis

Actually, Tas did figure it out with the blue LCR.

OK. Much mess and not a little frustration.

I've gone from 1:4 mix as recommended :huh: to what I see as the correct mix of 2:1 :wacko:

Thank you. Your mix is easier and more economical to make.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_ambers_pps_mix_session_2.jpg

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_ambers_pps_mix_sheet.jpg

[ If Pure Pens here in the UK don't have the Noodler's inks you want then place an order with confidence from these guys - pensavings" Clicked to buy mine on ebay on 17th August and here I am across the Atlantic playing with them, today 22nd August. Incredible service, highly recommend them all. ]

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_noodlers_la_coulour_royale_swatch.jpghttp://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_noodlers_navajo_turquiose_swatch.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• dcwaites

• Tas

• jmccarty3

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But so pretty!!!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Pretty in PInk Blue

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

O.k. so wait, there's a version if you've ended up with the Noodler's blue LCR? Where was I? but more importantly what was the ratio?

I did try throwing in a some Voltaire just for fun and got a nice mix but nothing I would dare posit as a Penman surrogate.

O.k. so wait, there's a version if you've ended up with the Noodler's blue LCR? Where was I? but more importantly what was the ratio?

I did try throwing in a some Voltaire just for fun and got a nice mix but nothing I would dare posit as a Penman surrogate.

There are apparently three colour batches of LCR -

Purply LCR,

Blue with a touch of Purple (Bluey Purple) LCR,

and plain Blue LCR, which seems to be simply a batch of Noodler's Blue with the wrong labels on them.

When you look at the colour wheel, Purply LCR and Bluey Purple LCR are on one side of PPS, and NNT is on the other. That means you can mix the two in the appropriate ratios and get NIS. However, plain Blue LCR is on the same side as NNT, so there is no way mixing the two will make a version of NIS.

Granny Aching

WOW - this is quirky, but I love it.

Ya know, I just wish I had a whole room in my house where I could spread all my pen and ink stuff out and mix things without having to put it all away afterwards and without my wife saying I'm crazy and wasting time.

Just dreaming.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

There are apparently three colour batches of LCR -

Purply LCR,

Blue with a touch of Purple (Bluey Purple) LCR,

and plain Blue LCR, which seems to be simply a batch of Noodler's Blue with the wrong labels on them.

When you look at the colour wheel, Purply LCR and Bluey Purple LCR are on one side of PPS, and NNT is on the other. That means you can mix the two in the appropriate ratios and get NIS. However, plain Blue LCR is on the same side as NNT, so there is no way mixing the two will make a version of NIS.

Ah, misunderstood then, thought someone had come up with a recipe for the Blue LCR. Will just enjoy then. Thanks

• 1 month later...

post-31871-0-09128300-1454101746_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd throw in this example, 3700K halogen light. I'm still pleased with Noodler's blue, or eel, the difference here seems more than I see in practice, but Liberty's Elysium is by far the best match I've seen. I'd just rather have the extra punch of the blue (or more with eel depending). Haven't tried the new Faux #9, and alas only have a sample of Elysium. Hate to forego saturation for waterproofness, when I don't care about water resistance, and haven't had anything else I wanted to get from Goulet.

I have a late 2000s bottle of LCR that is purple, so I went with the 1 LCR to 2 Navajo mix. It's too green.

The Penman is from a rarely opened bottle bought in the 1990s.

Fuschiaprincess used a 7ml sample I sent (ouch! but, spread the wealth) back before the new diamine colors were out. I am still in love with Sargasso. Her original image on photo bucket disappeared but google still had it:

post-31871-0-46562300-1454100720.jpeg

Alternate image taken outdoors, but the ambient light was a little too blue for the cam, even with WB correction.

post-31871-0-86410400-1454100059_thumb.jpg

Edited by radellaf

I've just reread this thread in its entirety, and am more confused than ever (not that there's anything unusual about that). I have the dark purple LCR and a bottle of NT. Have we reached a consensus about the proper ratio for these two inks?

I've just reread this thread in its entirety, and am more confused than ever (not that there's anything unusual about that). I have the dark purple LCR and a bottle of NT. Have we reached a consensus about the proper ratio for these two inks?

Start with 1 part of LCR to 2 parts of NNT.

See here

Granny Aching

Thank the gods and all that holy (and unholy) that PPS isn't a color for which I lust. I sure do love this thread, though!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Alternate image taken outdoors, but the ambient light was a little too blue for the cam, even with WB correction.

attachicon.gifDSC02038 copy.JPG

This photo shows PPS as I remember it from the original release, more turquoise than blue. What we're seeing nowadays on scans and other photos is a much more pleasant color to me.

Anyway, within a couple of days I will have everything I need to make Faux #9 and Inkmyn. Will try to get my new scanner going to show you all a comparison.

My open bottle of PPS was bought within a month or two of release. Did it really change over the years? I have one other bottle but given the prices lately I can't bear to open it.

I'm not _that_ much in love with the color. The big deal is it was the first ink to easily show a red sheen, and compared to the weak sauce colors from anything else you could get back then, it stood out.

If you went back in time and secretly replaced all the PPS with Diamine Majestic Blue, it would probably have as big or bigger following.

Still, fun to try to replicate the color. Demented fun, perhaps, but fun nonetheless.

• 1 month later...

That's a great question that you might want to post in the Inky Thoughts forum. My answer is that you should use your pen and ink. Don't let the ink dry out in your pen, and wash your pen periodically.

If one has a bottle of Parker Penman Sapphire, should one avoid using it? I've heard it damages pens.

I use it everyday and none of my pens are damaged, you should be worried of some current inks much more than PPS.

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

I think the Parker ink you need to be afraid of is the Superchrome inks

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

• 1 month later...

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/05-May/slides/2016-05-07_01.jpg