Noodler's Inkmyn Sapphire - Better Than Parker Penman Sapphire

amberleadavis

NO. 2 LCR to 1 NT !! B)

I know there's the chance that my Noodler's inks might be slightly different to yours due to batch discrepancies hence the shift from 1:4 to 2:1 but I measured very accurately and it's a very good colour match. I'll post the sheets to you tomorrow.

I may mix a batch to introduce water into the equation to perhaps add a little more shading as the hotch potch mix I concocted of Blue Velvet, Majestic Blue and water shades a little better than the Noodler's mix but that could be the pen as much as anything.

Thanks again Amber for helping to create a mix that's seriously close to the original PPS and for making me like blue ink in my pens again.

:)

I'm totally glad you are enjoying. I'm just shocked. The LCR I have is a super dark purple. Yours looks like a beautiful blue. I'm really surprised. LCR should be purple. I just did some more mixing and no doubt in my mind, your bottle of LCR is off, but your mix is perfect.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• dcwaites

• Tas

• jmccarty3

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm totally glad you are enjoying. I'm just shocked. The LCR I have is a super dark purple. Yours looks like a beautiful blue. I'm really surprised. LCR should be purple. I just did some more mixing and no doubt in my mind, your bottle of LCR is off, but your mix is perfect.

I'm surprised as well. My LCR is also a dark purple, actually a bit darker than this Goulet swab.

http://i.imgur.com/dNlKxnt.jpg

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

amberleadavis, on 23 Aug 2015 - 20:30, said:snapback.png

I'm surprised as well. My LCR is also a dark purple, actually a bit darker than this Goulet swab.

Same here. The LCR I just received is beautiful dark purple.

Ha!

I'm not worried Amber.

I received a package from LuMA this morning with your swab comparisons. PRAB is an exact match :)

So much so that I've gone an ordered a bottle (I'll skip a meal or two to make up for it) from The Writing Desk.

Too much variation in Noodler's lovely inks to provide a reliable recipe. :(

I think PRAB is a great ink. It cleaned so much easier than DCSSB and I think it's pretty dead on for color.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 1 month later...

I love Parker Penman Sapphire so, inspired by this thread, I have Noodler's Navajo Turquoise and Le Couleur Royale on the way. I'm looking forward to mixing them up.

Danny, when you get your LCR, check the color first. The most recent bottle I bought was blue and not purple.

I second Amber's recommendation. the bottle I got was blue and not purple as well. And no, shaking made no difference. At this point I'll stick with faux penman #9 mix.

I second Amber's recommendation. the bottle I got was blue and not purple as well. And no, shaking made no difference. At this point I'll stick with faux penman #9 mix.​

Bemo, what is the recipe for faux Penman #9?

Tas, Amber asked me to let you know that I, too, have a bottle of the blue LCR. In fact, mine looks identical to standard Noodler's Blue. I suspect the wrong labels may have gotten onto some bottles.

Bemo, the recipe for Faux Penman Sapphire #9 can be found here

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Thanks DC that makes sense as the bottle of ink I received appears to be just straight blue. I'll use it as I'm too cheap to throw out ink unless I can't find any use for it at all.

I mixed up a batch of your faux #9 and thanks to your hard work and the consistency of Diamine ink , it looks great.

But this thread is about Amber's mix. I was so excited to give it a try. Perhaps another time.

Hmmmm, I will be disappointed if the LCR is blue and not deep purple.

I'll let everyone know when it arrives. Should be any day since it's only coming from one state away.

Edited by Danny Kaffee

Ok, I have just done some simple experimentation with my bottle of "LCR". If one compares where PPS and "LCR" appear in the colour wheel, "LCR" is slightly on the Cyan side and PPS is slightly on the Blue side. To move "LCR" from Cyan towards Blue, you need to add a little red.

My initial experiment was just that. I added a little red to some "LCR", and lo and behold it closely approached PPS.

So, look through your inky drawers and cupboards, find a nice, simple, dye-based red and start adding a little at a time. I would start with 5 or 10 drops of Blue and add Red one drop at a time.

When I get a specific recipe done, I will post it.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Tas, Amber asked me to let you know that I, too, have a bottle of the blue LCR. In fact, mine looks identical to standard Noodler's Blue. I suspect the wrong labels may have gotten onto some bottles.

Bemo, the recipe for Faux Penman Sapphire #9 can be found here

Argghh. I don't have Noodler's Blue to compare :(

Mine looks like this:

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_noodlers_la_coulour_royale_swatch.jpg

Looking forward to your faux #10 soon then :)

Try a small sample. I found you wanted a cyan plus a dark purple.

Awesome mix, Amber...just hit Goulet up for two more Noodlers inks...and threw in some Diamine Silver Fox and DeAtrementis Silver Grey...for the heck of it.

Woo Hoo! Glad to enable others.