Noodler's Inkmyn Sapphire - Better Than Parker Penman Sapphire

amberleadavis

I need two more inks like a hole in the head. :mellow:

Amber, entirely your fault. Convinced that your mix is better than mine I HAD to order a bottle of each LCR and NT.

Couldn't find them anywhere this side of the ocean so have bought them from ebay. Estimated arrival end of August. :(

Hopefully by then you clever souls will have worked out the correct proportions (although 1:4 looks mighty fine) and I'll have a new favourite blue.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• dcwaites

• Tas

• jmccarty3

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Damn, they all look really nice. It'll take a side-by-side to see which is more nearly accurate.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Dang, I should have read my own notes ...

fpn_1439862555__20150817_184254.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

So, I think the right start is 4 NT to 1 LCR.

fpn_1439862614__20150817_184300.jpg

So, I think the right start is 4 NT to 1 LCR.

fpn_1439862614__20150817_184300.jpg

That's the impression I got from OCArt's scans. The 4:1 ratio seemed to be the closest in color (but that also could have been because of the proximity to the original on the page).

I considered getting a bottle of LCR at DCSS this past weekend (I already have Navajo Turquoise) but it lost out to some other inks I wanted more. Well, I will put it on my short list for the next time I order ink, or see what sort of budget I have for the Ohio Pen Show....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ruth, try another bright purple, (I'm sure you have one) with NNT, I think the trick is the NNT because it is a shader!

Ruth, try another bright purple, (I'm sure you have one) with NNT, I think the trick is the NNT because it is a shader!

This would seem to take this mix in a whole new direction... How about another bright turquoise and a bright purple? Waterman perhaps?

This would seem to take this mix in a whole new direction... How about another bright turquoise and a bright purple? Waterman perhaps?

Yes, let's see your results!!!!

I have gone that direction, will post tomorrow or so when I have done the comparisons with the real thing. The bright turquoise in itself does not do it for me - but adding a little bit of a darker turquoise/teal might have done the trick. I will show some of my mixes.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

OK. Much mess and not a little frustration.

I've gone from 1:4 mix as recommended :huh: to what I see as the correct mix of 2:1 :wacko:

Thank you. Your mix is easier and more economical to make.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_ambers_pps_mix_session_2.jpg

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_ambers_pps_mix_sheet.jpg

[ If Pure Pens here in the UK don't have the Noodler's inks you want then place an order with confidence from these guys - pensavings" Clicked to buy mine on ebay on 17th August and here I am across the Atlantic playing with them, today 22nd August. Incredible service, highly recommend them all. ]

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_noodlers_la_coulour_royale_swatch.jpghttp://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_noodlers_navajo_turquiose_swatch.jpg

WOW, thank you!!!

So, it's 2 NT and 1 LCR?

NO. 2 LCR to 1 NT !! B)

I know there's the chance that my Noodler's inks might be slightly different to yours due to batch discrepancies hence the shift from 1:4 to 2:1 but I measured very accurately and it's a very good colour match. I'll post the sheets to you tomorrow.

I may mix a batch to introduce water into the equation to perhaps add a little more shading as the hotch potch mix I concocted of Blue Velvet, Majestic Blue and water shades a little better than the Noodler's mix but that could be the pen as much as anything.

Thanks again Amber for helping to create a mix that's seriously close to the original PPS and for making me like blue ink in my pens again.

:)

Edited by Tas

I can see a shootout happening between FPS (aka Love Potion) #9 and NIS.

Diamine vs Noodlers.

Whose ink will reign supreme?

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Defo. Sadly I don't own Sapphire but I will send sample vials of both my mixes to Amber in the continuing quest.

"Dad, how come you're using blue ink now?" notices my ever observant daughter . . .

You have piqued my interest. I am going to have to do this now, which means buying more inks.

Oh, how you play on my obsession... I can see you there, with a smile on your face, like a cat that has just got into the cream.

Would you like me to send over the two Noodler's components thereby saving you buying whole bottles?

Edited by Tas

I can see a shootout happening between FPS (aka Love Potion) #9 and NIS.

Diamine vs Noodlers.

Whose ink will reign supreme?

Ohhhh... I can't wait to see this!!!

Would you like me to send over the two Noodler's components thereby saving you buying whole bottles?

Thank you very much for the offer, but I think Amberlea has me sorted out already.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching