All New Fpn Le Celebration Pen! Now Available For Purchase!

wimg

Ah, I see. In that case I shall have examine the financial future for the next few months. NZ$1900 is alot of money to try and save up. (I daresay I am not the target demographic they want, but I can dream).

It is one of those things. As mentioned, we were (are) going a bit crazy with this particular pen. We will also offer one or possibly two other FPN Pens later this year, at a completely different price level.

I am not likely to be able to afford one either, I have to admit :). I am also still in the process of trying to figure out how to get the funds together, if I can :). And even worse - I do have to pay VAT as well :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• moabit

• rvthof

• Cryptos

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to confirm, the pens will ship direct from Belgium (Europe) to new owners? Therefore European buyers won't have customs charges to pay.

Just to confirm, the pens will ship direct from Belgium (Europe) to new owners? Therefore European buyers won't have customs charges to pay.

Almost right.

The pens will be shipped from the Netherlands, which does indeed mean that EU buyers will not have to pay customs duties.

We have been asked by CONID to do a final QA check, even though their own QA is extremely good, which is why the pens will get delivered to us in the Netherlands first. After the last QA check, pens will get shipped directly from the Netherlands; the shipping prices quoted are standard shipping costs from the Netherlands with a small addition for banking costs.

A side benefit of receiving pens here first, is that this does also provide us with the opportunity to customise any nibs, if so preferred. As mentioned, we do hope to add a pricelist for nib modifications before the end of this weekend.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Almost right.

The pens will be shipped from the Netherlands, which does indeed mean that EU buyers will not have to pay customs duties.

We have been asked by CONID to do a final QA check, even though their own QA is extremely good, which is why the pens will get delivered to us in the Netherlands first. After the last QA check, pens will get shipped directly from the Netherlands; the shipping prices quoted are standard shipping costs from the Netherlands with a small addition for banking costs.

A side benefit of receiving pens here first, is that this does also provide us with the opportunity to customise any nibs, if so preferred. As mentioned, we do hope to add a pricelist for nib modifications before the end of this weekend.

Warm regards, Wim

Thanks for clarifying Wim, much appreciated.

I guess the measurements (length, girth) are like the regular Conid King Size pen?

(just to make sure; I definitely love the material and the looks, but the King Size is just too big for me to be comfortable)

Greetings,

Michael

I guess the measurements (length, girth) are like the regular Conid King Size pen?

(just to make sure; I definitely love the material and the looks, but the King Size is just too big for me to be comfortable)

Yes, the size is that of a regular King Size Bulkfiller.

Surely the concave shape of the section helps when it comes to size?

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Yes, the size is that of a regular King Size Bulkfiller.

Surely the concave shape of the section helps when it comes to size?

Warm regards, Wim

Thank you so much for your quick response!

Indeed, the concave shape helps a lot and any pen with such a section is an instant favorite :-)

Still it's quite big (but suits the anniversary so well!)

Edited by mirosc

Greetings,

Michael

I sure hope that I can figure out my budget before "they" disappear.

I see only 32 Broads left right now... Gotta see... trying... maybe... maybe not...

Quick question: For comparison, how much is the Conid giant bulk filler as a demonstrator (i.e. clear)?

Is a 1.2mm stub doable?

I didn't see stub or italic prices?

What do you expect will be shipping in Euros to USA?

Please post a simple update every few days show # of each size remaining (just one line) so we can easily monitor how fast it disappears OR quickly see if there are any left.

Thanks

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

(bleep)-ing hell Francis. Another gorgeous version of the best pen ever. *Sigh*.

Stop making such amazing pens. Please. For my sake.

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.

I sure hope that I can figure out my budget before "they" disappear.

I see only 32 Broads left right now... Gotta see... trying... maybe... maybe not...

Quick question: For comparison, how much is the Conid giant bulk filler as a demonstrator (i.e. clear)?

Is a 1.2mm stub doable?

I didn't see stub or italic prices?

What do you expect will be shipping in Euros to USA?

Please post a simple update every few days show # of each size remaining (just one line) so we can easily monitor how fast it disappears OR quickly see if there are any left.

Thanks

We're not limited to 35 broads in total or so. We just had to set up a number to get going.

The reason to set it up this ay, is that adding a choice

Nibs will be ordered on an individual basis with each pen, so the actual number of nibs of a specific width will purely depend on what will be ordered.

We will adjust the numbers in the store every so often.

We may even set it up differently if that removes this potential confusion.

In effect, we will have a maximum of 132 pens manufactured, materials permitting, and they can be equipped with any nib of your choice, as long as it is an F, M or B. If that means 83 Bs, 2 Ms, and 49 Fs, that is just fine :). Nib choice is not the limiting factor.

In short, the only important thing here is that there are any pens remaining. Regardless, we still need 20 pens paid for in order to order a first production run.

We are up to 5 right now - 15 to go :).

A 1.2 mm stub is absolutely possible.

Stubs/italics will be charged separately, as those are nib modifications to be carried out on the standard F, M, or B nibs. We will try to add a list of options this weekend.

Cost of shipping to the USA will be a bit over 60 euros, based on the last shipment I did to Canada a few weeks ago - Canada and the USA are in the same shipping zone.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

(bleep)-ing hell Francis. Another gorgeous version of the best pen ever. *Sigh*.

Stop making such amazing pens. Please. For my sake.

<ROFL>

I reckon it is the best looking pen he made to date :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

As promised, we have added all the nib options available as a standard, and calculation of costs for the final and complete order is totally automatic.

We have also made it possible to select the nib with the pen, rather than as a separate store option - we found a way to display and list the selected nib choice permanently.

Do note that you need to select nib options carefully. Obviously some options cannot be combined, but will be available nonetheless.

What we have also done is set up a new manual payment for payment directly in Euros, which will essentially save you and FPN about 8% and 10% in final cost.

Just select the EURO Order options, order anything you'd like to add, and finish the order.

The last screen will show you how to go about a payment in Euros.

It may be a bit superfluous, but the board software can only handle a single currency, and it will always show "$" for any amounts calculated.

Do note, however, that for the EURO Order option the number calculated actually is the amount to be paid in Euros, not in USD, and we will only accept EURO payments, to that amount.

Unfortunately we will have to be very strict about this, so if you do pay the EURO specific amount in USD, out of necessity, your order will be cancelled, and an admin fee will be charged, which will be subtracted from the amount you paid. Apologies for that in advance, but we are charged for refunding payments, which really adds up, and we can't accept a USD payment for this EURO Order. We will only charge the actual cost of refunding, not more, and thereafter you will be able to give it another go.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

hi

I paid (in euros) but wonder if the choice of nib width and the shipping method can be made in a later stage.

I asked for a stub grind, but it would be nice if we can give (more) exact specs for the nibmeister, like 1.0 line width

Thanks for offering a really wonderful beautiful pen!

regards, Rob

Options have been added now, I'll contact you backchannel :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Are we able to pay in euros? In the store, at the moment the only option for me is to pay in $US, i.e. US$1125. This converts to AU$1533, whereas 929.75 euros converts to AU$1408... quite a big difference!

We made it even easier now; just select the EURO Order option, and follow the instructions in the final screen :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

• 5 weeks later...

Regardless, we still need 20 pens paid for in order to order a first production run.

We are up to 5 right now - 15 to go

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Hi Wim,

a month has passed. A good reason, I think, to give us an update.

Thanks in advance and best regards

moabit

Well, the first production run has been ordered, and if all goes to plan, the first run will be around October 20, with at least the first few pens ready around November 7 !!!

:wub: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :thumbup: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

the Mad Dutchman

Hi All,

For further updates, please check this topic: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/295488-update-the-fpn-2015-le-blue-pearl-celebration-fountain-pen/page-2

This topic is closed now, to prevent any confusion.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman