All New Fpn Le Celebration Pen! Now Available For Purchase!

wimg

Dearest Members and Visitors of our little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Our first pen to celebrate 11 years of FPN is available for purchase, as a Group Buy.

This pen, appropriately called the FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE, is the most extravagant we have ever created. As 11 years is the crazy number, we thought we'd do something a little crazy, hence this rather magnificent, extravagant fountain pen.

This pen is made by CONID in Antwerp, Belgium, in their first rate factory, and designed by our own fountainbel, engineer by profession and pen lover at heart.

It is a King Size Bulkfiller, truly an outstanding piece, from an engineering, design and materials point of view.

fpn_1439331546__f2stxt.jpg

Starting with the material, it is a stunning very high quality, unstressed acrylic, in a mix of colours resembling some of the best celluloids out there, but obviously a lot less flammable :). Anybody who has ever seen the celluloid Tibaldis with blue and slightly green-yellow cream coloured layers of material, will be drawn to this pen immediately. The colours are even more intense than that particular celluloid, en have even more depth. You have to see it to believe it. It is a truly incredible material. Cap, section, barrel and bulkfiller button are all created from this magnificent material. There is only enough material to just create a limited edition of these pens, and it will not be used therefore for any other pen.

fpn_1439331399__f1stxt.jpg

It obviously is a pen made to the extremely high and very exacting standards of CONID and fountainbel. It is engineered from the best materials only, trim and threading turned out of titanium, and all seals in this pen are created purely by screw threads and/or rubber seals - no glue is used in this pen whatsoever. Just one place has some shellac applied, and that is the ink view window. As this ink view window is fixed and sealed with shellac, it is easily removable as well if need be. The pen comes with a single small tool, which is all that is required to take this pen apart into all of its parts, making it easily cleanable, and the parts easily replaceable. Well thought out engineering and planning clearly lay at the base of this design.

fpn_1439331352__f3stxt.jpg

The filling system of this pen is the by now famous, patented (patent pending) design of fountainbel, the bulkfiller. It is elegant and beautiful at the same time, and it also is the system which allows one to fill a pen with the highest fill rate possible, as the system allows one to fill the barrel completely with ink, up to a stunning 3 millilitre, or 3 cc! That is an awesome amount of ink. Imagine, 16 fills from a standard 50 ml ink bottle only! Of course it was designed with a shut-off mechanism too, one wouldn't expect anything less from such a pen. The beauty of the shut-off design makes it possible to still write a page, and probably two or even more (depending on nib type of course), with the shut-off enabled. It also makes it leak proof, so this pen can be taken along anywhere, without having to worry about ink escaping at all, in the wrong places or at the wrong moment.

fpn_1439331456__f5stxt.jpg

We still haven't mentioned the nib yet. Well, this is a monstrous, gigantic, 14K #8 gold nib, made by Bock, especially for CONID. And yes, you read that right: an enormous, 8 mm nib! These nibs are available in F, M and B. However, they can be modified to an italic or oblique, or extra fine if you so like, at additional cost. These nib modifications are done with respect to the nib, not by removing almost all tipping material. This work is done lovingly, and completely manually, by an expert nib enhancer (aka nibmeister).

Even the box of this fountain pen is a master piece. It is made from a single piece of aluminium, with a large foam insert to hold the pen, its servicing tool, and potentially other pieces you might want to store with it. This box s made especially for the FPN Blue Pearl Celebration, in a colour unique again for this production only.

fpn_1439328131__f4stxt.jpg

This is obviously not going to be a cheap pen. We will only make a maximum of 132 of this particular model, there isn't enough material for more, and we may even have to settle for a smaller number, due to the very limited availability of this material.

Last year, CONID made another LE, also a King Size Bulkfiller, made entirely from a single material, including the section, with a #8 nib as well. That sold for about 1420 euros excluding VAT and excluding shipping, a whopping 1700+ euros including VAT. And that Limited Edition, although smaller in number than the FPN Blue Pearl Celebration, sold out in just a couple of weeks time, such is the trust in the products of this company and its designer/engineer!

As we have been able to strike a very good deal with CONID, as we do not have any large overhead costs being a volunteer run organization, and as we are doing this as a Group Buy with prepayments for this pen, we are able to initially offer this exquisite and stunning piece for the extremely discounted price of 929.75 euros excluding VAT, 1125 euros including VAT, or US $ 1125 (incurs high currency exchange costs) for those living outside the European Union, excluding shipping costs and any nib work if so required.

As mentioned, this is a Group Buy, so how does this work?

We need an initial order of 20 pens to be able to start production, and we would like to have at least 20 sold the latest towards the middle of September (2015 :)). That would allow for production to start towards the end of September, and with an estimated processing time of 6 to 8 weeks, that would mean that these pens will be in your hands before Christmas this year.

Once the pens are manufactured, assembled and QA tested, and the nibs mounted and tuned to perfection as well, they are sent on the FPN HQ in Europe. Here they will undergo a final QA inspection and test, any nib work will be carried out if so required. Once inspected, tested, and any nib modifications carried out, the pens will be shipped to the respective new owners.

Because of the high value of these pens, shipping will only be done express, by courier, or fully insured. I am sure you will forgive us for doing so :). Yes ,it will add to the cost, but we think it is absolutely worth the extra trouble.

To order one of these these fantastic pens, check out our FPN Store

If there Is demand for other shipping methods, beyond the two we currently offer, we will add them - we are currently negotiating with UPS for fully insured express shipping. Do note that the express shipping we offer currently, is only insured up to a value of 500 euros, which will therefore all we will be able to refund in case of damage or loss during shipping or transport. The fully insured shipping is a bit slower, it is priority shipping worldwide.

Warm regards, Wim

On behalf of the FPN Moderator and Admin team

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• adyf

• mirosc

• moabit

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! And it is available in our store now :).

BTW, a nib modification service is available. Just ask, and we will add the options to our store as well.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thanks! And it is available in our store now :).

BTW, a nib modification service is available. Just ask, and we will add the options to our store as well.

Warm regards, Wim

I would very much like to order a broad stub nib, hopefully something like 1.1mm if that is possible. 1.3mm would not be too much, but it probably is too much to hope for.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

As we have been able to strike a very good deal with CONID, as we do not have any large overhead costs being a volunteer run organization, and as we are doing this as a Group Buy with prepayments for this pen, we are able to initially offer this exquisite and stunning piece for the extremely discounted price of 929.75 euros excluding VAT, 1125 euros including VAT, or US $ 1125 for those living outside the European Union, excluding shipping costs and any nib work if so required.

Are we able to pay in euros? In the store, at the moment the only option for me is to pay in $US, i.e. US$1125. This converts to AU$1533, whereas 929.75 euros converts to AU$1408... quite a big difference!

I would very much like to order a broad stub nib, hopefully something like 1.1mm if that is possible. 1.3mm would not be too much, but it probably is too much to hope for.

I'll check whether that is possible. Normally a Broad nib is 0.8 mm wide, and we generally are able to get the widest possible stub out of it. However, the tipping may be wider it is done the same way as it is with the F nib.

Only F, M and B are available, due to the limited natured of this edition, so we do have to work from these nib widths for any modifications.

I'll get back to you on this.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Are we able to pay in euros? In the store, at the moment the only option for me is to pay in $US, i.e. US$1125. This converts to AU$1533, whereas 929.75 euros converts to AU$1408... quite a big difference!

That's a good one, thank you for letting me know.

Upon checking, this is due to the conversion rates used by our payment provider, when going from USD back to Euros. We have to pay for these pens in Euros, so we incur an extra conversion at a USD rate which is almost 10% lower than one would expect. This is why there is this difference. In order not to have to change this on a daily basis (it varies between approximately 8% and 10%), we have adjusted the USD price accordingly.

We use USD in our store as that is the standard currency for all our transactions, and the store currently can only handle a single currency.

However, if you'd prefer to pay in Euros, where we don't incur the extra currency exchange fee, do contact me backchannel for the details.

We'll check if we can add this info to the store item itself too.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Ok, instructions to pay in Euros, and save approximately 10% on the price, notably for those paying from accounts in other currencies than USD, have been added to the individual store items for the pen :). Just scroll to the bottom of the description to see the instructions.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

The official published rates are often mean values. In real life banks have a buying and selling rate, and with extra costs and provisions they again make a tidy sum...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Yes indeed. Banks and intermediaries always score, whatever one does :).

I was totally flabbergasted with the final outcome on the 2012 LEs. I had never in a million years expected to end up paying as much as we did to all the intermediaries. One gets charged to receive a payment to start with, an exchange rate commission, a low exchange rate, a transfer fee, and another commission and payment fee on the actual bank account, and the receiver of the funds also gets punished. And it is good we can all do this electronically these days, otherwise it would eb even worse - additional charges for the paperwork involved.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Update: I just got confirmation that both are possible :).

The B nib allows for a 1.3 stub to be made of it, the M a 1.1. This thanks to the royal tipping used on the #8 nibs.

I will add these options to the pricelist, just give me a couple of days.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Yes indeed. Banks and intermediaries always score, whatever one does :).

I was totally flabbergasted with the final outcome on the 2012 LEs. I had never in a million years expected to end up paying as much as we did to all the intermediaries. One gets charged to receive a payment to start with, an exchange rate commission, a low exchange rate, a transfer fee, and another commission and payment fee on the actual bank account, and the receiver of the funds also gets punished. And it is good we can all do this electronically these days, otherwise it would eb even worse - additional charges for the paperwork involved.

Warm regards, Wim

Well, perhaps those buying from the EU could pay by bank transfer and avoid some intermediary costs :-)

My reason is trying to negotiate with my impulses right now, so I don't know if I will take part in the group purchase, but perhaps the bank transfer is an option...

hi

I paid (in euros) but wonder if the choice of nib width and the shipping method can be made in a later stage.

I asked for a stub grind, but it would be nice if we can give (more) exact specs for the nibmeister, like 1.0 line width

Thanks for offering a really wonderful beautiful pen!

regards, Rob

hi

I paid (in euros) but wonder if the choice of nib width and the shipping method can be made in a later stage.

I asked for a stub grind, but it would be nice if we can give (more) exact specs for the nibmeister, like 1.0 line width

Thanks for offering a really wonderful beautiful pen!

regards, Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you!

And yes, those choices would have to be made later, as pricing mentioned is solely for the pen.

If you'd prefer a 1.0 mm line width, it would only need an M nib, so I will change it for you. I will do so tomorrow, as I need to finish something urgent first tonight.

We'll just get our first order out once we reach 20 pens sold, and take it from there. As mentioned, production takes about 6 to 8 weeks from our order, and we need to have sold 20 pens first.

So far, the count is 3 :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Well, perhaps those buying from the EU could pay by bank transfer and avoid some intermediary costs :-)

My reason is trying to negotiate with my impulses right now, so I don't know if I will take part in the group purchase, but perhaps the bank transfer is an option...

In order to pay by bank transfer, do contact me backchannel please.

Do still go through the store purchasing process, and do let me know once you've cancelled the PayPal payment as per the instructions.

I'll check if we can add the bank transfer info as well to the process. Do note that bank transfers will take up to 5 days or so in Europe to show up, so the invoice generated by the system will not show that it has been paid until we have received the money in the FPN bank account. With PayPal that is more or less instantaneous.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Beautiful looking pen, really beautiful. :( Sadly I cannot raise the funds in time for the offer so I am left with only vicarious experience again. A longer lead-in/heads-up time would at least give people like me a fighting chance of competing.

Beautiful looking pen, really beautiful. :( Sadly I cannot raise the funds in time for the offer so I am left with only vicarious experience again. A longer lead-in/heads-up time would at least give people like me a fighting chance of competing.

You have, actually. We need the first 20 pens to be ordered asap, and thereafter we can order the remainder in batches of 10 :).

Considering the number of LEs available, I doubt all of them (at least 100, and up to 132, material available permitting) will be sold out before Christmas :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

You have, actually. We need the first 20 pens to be ordered asap, and thereafter we can order the remainder in batches of 10 :).

Considering the number of LEs available, I doubt all of them (at least 100, and up to 132, material available permitting) will be sold out before Christmas :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Ah, I see. In that case I shall have to examine the financial future for the next few months. NZ$1900 is alot of money to try and save up. (I daresay I am not the target demographic they want, but I can dream).

Edited by Empty_of_Clouds

COR !!! Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations. . . .

Yes, isn't it just :D.

Anyway, for those preferring to pay in Euros, we now have added an extra shipping option to temporarily exclude shipping costs, for it to be selected at a later stage, after we order the pens from CONID, but prior to shipment of course.

We have adapted the instructions to use this option as well in that case.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman