Fpn Now Almost 11 Years - Celebrations? :)

wimg

As promised my girlfriend and I made multiple toasts with a great bottle of Champagne this afternoon to FPN.

I have made some good friends here and there are others I always look forward to reading their postings.

A big thank you to everyone here.

So, if I read that well it means that besides congratulations to FPN there is a round of congratulations in order to your girlfriend an you as well?

So: Congratulations

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Starguard

• RMN

• stevesurf

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the cap on that very handsome pen. (!) I'd say that's an excellent choice to commemorate an eleventh anniversary as an epi-center of fountain pen world information that heartily welcomes new and young ones, as well as advanced enthusiasts.

Well done, and Thank You FPN!

That's such an alluring pen. Love the looks of it. Congratulations to FPN and all the fine people who helped sustain fountain pen enthusiasm from the starting days, which absolutely keeps on growing with time.

Edited by soniknitr

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Congrats on 11 years!

I'm still a newb. What kind of pen is pictured?

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

Congratulations and thank you, Wim and the other administrators and moderators who have volunteered so much time and effort to make this such a great site! I've been here 10 of those 11 years, and as with Sasha, have never participated in any other online site (I'm picky!). I'm glad I became a Supporter earlier this year and urge others to do so too. Look forward to many more years, however I've been going through my pen and ink stash and am filled up so I will have to resist temptation better in the future. We know how that works. :lol:

Congrats on 11 years!

I'm still a newb. What kind of pen is pictured?

Thank you!

The pen pictures is a prototype of one of the new FPN LE pens to be introduced this year - profits will go towards supporting this site :).

It is a CONID King Size Bulkfiller LE, the largest size available, and it will not be a cheap pen. The last LE CONID made in this size was priced at 1418 euros, and it sold out very very quickly, in a matter of weeks.

These pens are not only beautiful, but they are an engineer's dream of perfection, with every single part being very easily replaceable, or cleanable for that matter. Not a single one of the CONID pens required servicing or repair work in the last 4 years, which makes it really special.

QC is done at multiple levels, for each individual machine part, to sub-assemblies and complete assemblies, with a final QC test before leaving the factory. Finally, before it even will be sent to those who ordered one, another, completely independent QC test will be performed as a final check.

Ours will be sold at a substantial discount to the price mentioned above. However, it will still not be a cheap pen. We are still finalizing the details, but it will probably sell here for somewhere around the 1000 euros mark, possibly slightly below that.

It will come in a specially designed aluminium box, lined with special foam with cut-outs for the pen and any parts or tools. The pen itself will come with a 14K #8 nib :), either in F, M, or B, which can be made into a stub or anything else on special request - at extra cost however.

BTW, we will also offer one or more other FPN LE pens later this year.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

So, if I read that well it means that besides congratulations to FPN there is a round of congratulations in order to your girlfriend an you as well?

So: Congratulations

D.ick

+1 from me :)

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Just saw the cap on that very handsome pen. (!) I'd say that's an excellent choice to commemorate an eleventh anniversary as an epi-center of fountain pen world information that heartily welcomes new and young ones, as well as advanced enthusiasts.

Well done, and Thank You FPN!

Thank you, p2p!

We will have other pens as well - we do realize it is not going to be a pen for everybody. We felt the need to "splurge" a little, however ;).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

That's such an alluring pen. Love the looks of it. Congratulations to FPN and all the fine people who helped sustain fountain pen enthusiasm from the starting days, which absolutely keeps on growing with time.

Thank you, and yes, a very nice pen indeed!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Congratulations and thank you, Wim and the other administrators and moderators who have volunteered so much time and effort to make this such a great site! I've been here 10 of those 11 years, and as with Sasha, have never participated in any other online site (I'm picky!). I'm glad I became a Supporter earlier this year and urge others to do so too. Look forward to many more years, however I've been going through my pen and ink stash and am filled up so I will have to resist temptation better in the future. We know how that works. :lol:

Thank you, BobR! :)

As to resistance to temptation, well, we all know resistance is futile ;).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I'm just a little late to this topic, but I do want to add my personal congratulations to those of other members. I also want to thank Wim and the moderators for their diligence. That they mostly stay invisible and unobtrusive is to their credit. I don't need (or want) to know how much work it takes to maintain the appearance of not doing any. I believe it is a lot!

Unlike some for whom this is the first online community in which they have participated, I can't count the number in which I have participated. I go back to the pre-internet, pre-WWW days of Electronic Bulletin Board Systems. My first log-in to the World Wide Web was before it had a graphical interface. It involved dialing-up a CERN computer in Switzerland using a 300 baud modem. :wacko: So, based on considerable experience with other online fora, I say this is among the most civil, intelligent, knowledgable and helpful special-interest virtual communities I have experienced. It's been a pleasure and a privilege to be a member.

Thanks again to those who keep it so. :thumbup:

David

P.S. I'm going to keep tuned for more news of the Anniversary L.E. items.

I'm just a little late to this topic, but I do want to add my personal congratulations to those of other members. I also want to thank Wim and the moderators for their diligence. That they mostly stay invisible and unobtrusive is to their credit. I don't need (or want) to know how much work it takes to maintain the appearance of not doing any. I believe it is a lot!

Unlike some for whom this is the first online community in which they have participated, I can't count the number in which I have participated. I go back to the pre-internet, pre-WWW days of Electronic Bulletin Board Systems. My first log-in to the World Wide Web was before it had a graphical interface. It involved dialing-up a CERN computer in Switzerland using a 300 baud modem. :wacko: So, based on considerable experience with other online fora, I say this is among the most civil, intelligent, knowledgable and helpful special-interest virtual communities I have experienced. It's been a pleasure and a privilege to be a member.

David

I also want to thank Wim and the moderators for their diligence. That they mostly stay invisible and unobtrusive is to their credit. I don't need (or want) to know how much work it takes to maintain the appearance of not doing any. I believe it is a lot!

David, so well said!

We as posters and contributors can be random or focused and post on any subject we like in Fountain Pens here. The mods assigned are hopefully working within their "pleasure zones" and enjoy reading seemingly everything, which I am sure is an enormous amount of work!!!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Thank you kindly, much appreciated.

We like to keep it civil here indeed, and always try to do that in private rather than in public, as it should, in our collective opinions as moderators and admins :).

I have to admit that I also used eBBS systems in the past, and good old CompuServe before the web existed - and that got rather expensive very quickly back in those days, with analog modems and using international telephone connections <ROFL>.

As to news on some of the celebratory items, watch this forum carefully, I am pretty sure there will be an announcement tomorrow :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

As to news on some of the celebratory items, watch this forum carefully, I am pretty sure there will be an announcement tomorrow :).

Warm regards, Wim

You tease! XD

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I ran a local BBS with fidonet from 1986 to 2003, so I have a pretty good idea of how much work goes into maintaining a forum like this. My hat is off to you Wimg!

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

Thank you guys, and yes, I am a tease - I'll admit so much :) <ROFL>.

BTW, a new topic is up, here in News, and tomorrow, when we finalize shipping info, our first new LE pen will be available for purchase :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

• 1 month later...

David

I must agree. I have been on on-line, starting with BBSs, since 1985. I have even run some on-line fora, sometimes for pay. And FPN is the most pleasant of them all for me.

Congratulations to the mods for keeping things going like this for 11 years, from someone who's been here a while, but who stays away for too long sometimes.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

• 1 month later...

FPN is a site that I turn to almost daily. Some days several times.

There is no other site that brings the friendliness, knowledge, honesty (I have acquired many nice pens through other members), and FUN that FPN does. It has truly enriched my life in many ways.

Here is to the mods and members that make this site what it is! It is my privilege to be a Platinum member and will continue to be so as long as I am able!

Congratulations!

397ba533b3f685c3039bd44fe2222ea0.jpg

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

• 1 month later...

Thank you, and yes, a very nice pen indeed!

Warm regards, Wim

Thank you, p2p!

We will have other pens as well - we do realize it is not going to be a pen for everybody. We felt the need to "splurge" a little, however ;).

Warm regards, Wim

Any updates on the other pens and case?

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)