piblondin

how do you like the medium Lamy 2000. I recently tried out a Dialog 3 (M) and I really enjoyed how it wrote. It made me think about exchanging the fine nib on my Lamy 2000.

I like the Lamy 2000 M. It's probably the smoothest writing pen I own. With that said, it's a pretty thick line for a medium and maybe too thick for my small writing style. Nonetheless, I really like how it feels to write with it. To me, it seems wetter than the gold nib on the Dialog or Studio Palladium, which could be good or bad, depending on your personal preferences.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• piblondin

• Namo

• New_Falcon

• dfo

How about TWSBI? I have the 530 and it has interchangeable nibs. Holds lots of ink too

I was after a TWSBI until I discovered the Lamy 2000 a couple years ago. I'm not sure I have a need for one anymore with the 2000s in the collection.

• 3 months later...

I got rid of my Lamy 2000 after I discovered Lamy 27. Much better pen. And all this design nonsense puts me off. Its just size bigger Lamy 27 slightly repackaged. And no, it is not part of MOMA permanent display. Bic Cristal on the other hand, is.

Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Sailor Nagasawa Proske, Sailor 1911 Standard, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Parker 51, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Platinum Preppy

I got rid of my Lamy 2000 after I discovered Lamy 27. Much better pen. And all this design nonsense puts me off. Its just size bigger Lamy 27 slightly repackaged. And no, it is not part of MOMA permanent display. Bic Cristal on the other hand, is.

Better in what way?

Lamy 2000s come with a lifetime warranty in the US. The nib is the same on both pens (or at least interchangeable), so I do not think that makes a difference in writing experience.

What is left is preference in regards to the material used for the body of the pen.

Edited by dfo

Daniel

The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned.

Gramsci

Better in what way?

Lamy 2000s come with a lifetime warranty in the US. The nib is the same on both pens (or at least interchangeable), so I do not think that makes a difference in writing experience.

What is left is preference in the material used for the body of the pen.

+1

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I have to say that the 27 is a h*** of a pen. I don't know if it's better, but the 2K evolved from that design. I used to have a 27m (slightly larger than the other 27s), and loved the pen. One of the strongest point of the 27 is its piston mechanism, holding up to 1.6ml of ink... To me the 27 is on the league of the Pelikan 400nn or the Parker 51. The pen is sadly too thin for me (as the 400nn), so I sold it. The 2K has its iconic, almost mystical power, and is a great pen, just the right size for me, and the little ears make the 2K more confortable as far as I am concerned (the 27 has a metal ring that really brothers me). The steel version is perfect for me. I wish the ink capacity was up to its ancestor.

Edited by Namo

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!