Project Hieronymus Ink Green 01 - Where Hieronymus Of Stridon Meets Hieronymus Of Zürich

Morbus Curiositas

Project Hieronymus Ink Green 01 Where Hieronymus of Stridon meets Hieronymus of Zürich

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20Green%20One%20%20hieronymus%20od%20Turicum/hIERO%20VORSTELLUNG_zps6akz7u50.jpg
https://www.hieronymus-cp.com/en/Company

A litte while ago I discovered Hieronymus Stationery based in Zürich. A look at there Website was so mouthwatering that I had to try one of their inks.

As some of you know, sharing my enthousiasm on lovely things is a most pleasant obsessive-compulisive-dissorder to me :headsmack:
So here I Go again

with my first Hieronymus Review of an awesome well behaving Green ink

Let's go

Hieronymus Ink Green 01 - Where Hieronymus of Stridon meets Hieronymus of Turicum*

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20bottle1_zpsklnnxrbn.jpg

Founded 2014 Hieronymus already carries 15 inks.... Based on this first ink I believe I want MORE of them.

As Always I Iike to use books or things that interest me ( and there are a lot hence the nick Morbus Curiositas) in my handwritten samples. Religion is one of those and so Hieronymus Immediately rang a Bell

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20Green%20One%20%20hieronymus%20od%20Turicum/Hiero%20portraumlt%20FPN_zpsyqhsmifs.jpg

Hieronymus of Stridon was the wise Church Father who gave us The Vulgate a Translation in Vulgar Latin of the most Important book for Christians.... The Bible

In the Renaissance Humanists rediscovered the culture of the Greek and Roman philosophy,literature and science of the antiquities. A lot of Humansist Names where Latinised ike i.e. Hieronymus Bosch (the Dutch painter Jeroen Bosch or Melanchton the latinised Name of Luther's right Hand Phillip Schwarzerd= Black earth= Melanchton.

In the 21 century another Genius rised in the City of church Reformer Huldrych Zwingli..... It was Hieronymus Stationery creator and managing director Thorsten Traber of Zürich in Latin

Thorstenius Traberum of Turicum :)

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20Green%20One%20%20hieronymus%20od%20Turicum/hiero%20green%201%20buumlro%20fpn_zpsy4q6cduv.jpg

As usual I will first publish the basic specs of this ink. followed by some handwritten samples with more (history) Information which of course forms a nice Impression of this lovely ink

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20Green%20One%20%20hieronymus%20od%20Turicum/Hiero%20Green%201%20vomit%20FPN_zpsqcv8gmap.jpg

The colour is a beautiful dark green :wub:

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20Green%20One%20%20hieronymus%20od%20Turicum/Hiero%20green%20one%20samp%20FPN_zpsfwiwozeh.jpg

This ink behaves very well it is wet and therefore smooth but quickly drying. Feathering and bleeding are absent....

Shading is little unfortunately but there for this ink has a nice Saturation

Well the coulour is as I said before dark green as far as I am concerned perfectly suitable for daily use at work....

...especially

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20Green%20One%20%20hieronymus%20od%20Turicum/Hiero%20green%201%20cousteau%20fpn_zpswelkipuy.jpg

as this SWSS DELGHT is decently water resistant :thumbup:

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20Green%20One%20%20hieronymus%20od%20Turicum/Hiero%20green%201%20comp%20fpn_zps7yz5nxhr.jpg

I love green inks but Hieronymus Green 01 struck a nerve in a most pleasant way :D

Availability

This may be a bit of a problem. The Company is based in Switserland.and as far as I know only obtaniable over
http://hieronymus-cp.com

Of course Always willing to help I can offer you the following

• Postcardservice PM me and I will send you a postcard wiht a Phot of my Beautiful Austria Handwritten with this ink
  • Ink Sample Service PM me and I will send a sample to the first 5 requests (JMCcart3 Fountain Pen Pagan, Igsoltek Amberlea, Frank C and Cybaea DO NOT PM your's are already on it'sway :D )
  • Question Service I have a flat rate Europe tariff for my mobile phone Mail me any question on any HIeronyus product and I will phone them and answer you by E-mail

Handwritten sample

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20Green%20One%20%20hieronymus%20od%20Turicum/Pater%20noster%20in%202%20talen_zpszucvngtm.jpg

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Project%20Hieronymus/Ink%20Green%20One%20%20hieronymus%20od%20Turicum/Hiero%20green%201%20vomit_zpsthlg7bau.jpg

To Conclude.

I love the ink for it's colour ad for it's behaviour.... I now believe I want to have all 15 ink..... I am an Inkoholic and a greedy Basta.... ;)

Looking at the Website....
the Cotton Paper, the pencils,the handmade note books and desk sets , witing materials, paraphernalia etc etc

was a mouthwatering :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: experience

Regards Peter

Edited by lapis

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

• fountainpagan

• Dhruv_Sood

• Serlo

Great find Peter. I like the bottles and their minimalistic design. The colors seems rather interesting. Is it written anywhere who makes this ink? I'm always eager to know such things :) The only thing that isn't thrilling is the price :) 48 CHF a bottle? More expensive than Iroshizuku or Caran d'Ache inks.

Thank you for sharing.

You had it here, allready, Morbus ;)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/293616-project-hieronymus/

Oh, by the way, I haven't received anything, yet.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Wow, CHF 48?! :o

This is as expensive as the Hakase real sepia ink I have ordered, different colors though but I am comparing the price. Definitely the deal breaker.

The ink is beautiful through, and bottle has a simplistic minimal design.

Great review,nice looking ink; a darker Vert Empire?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Thank you for a VERY enjoyable journey for ALL the senses! I want ink, paper, pen & perhaps "just a little ink pot?" BUT alas I fear I will use my Kwizi "Foggy Green" & "pretend" it is "H 1 Green" for the moment. Still it was a great pleasure to have had the chance to "visit." Thank you again for sharing.

You had it here, allready, Morbus ;)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/293616-project-hieronymus/

Oh, by the way, I haven't received anything, yet.

You are right Fountain PenPagan,

The first was just an announcment of thing to come... Htis is teh first review. I have been busy in my New Job as Psych Nurse... Inks will go out ion friday

Salut

Peter

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Great review,nice looking ink; a darker Vert Empire?

I do not wn Vert d'empire.... that is Je Herbin ink isn't it?

But I will send you a postcard with this ink to compare and buy the Herbin next time I am in Holland...

Wow, CHF 48?! :o

This is as expensive as the Hakase real sepia ink I have ordered, different colors though but I am comparing the price. Definitely the deal breaker.

The ink is beautiful through, and bottle has a simplistic minimal design.

What was the price of the Hakase ink if I may ask.

Must admit the price is steep. Just like the Isoshizuku inks which basically cost the same here in the EU

regards

Peter

I got Iroshizuku inks for 2/3rd the price of this ink ordering directly from Japan. :)

Cost of Hakase sepia ink depends on you. If you use EF, F or M nibs then it is ¥6,000 and if you use B or BB then it is $7,000. The difference is maybe in the size of particles.

Great find Peter. I like the bottles and their minimalistic design. The colors seems rather interesting. Is it written anywhere who makes this ink? I'm always eager to know such things :) The only thing that isn't thrilling is the price :) 48 CHF a bottle? More expensive than Iroshizuku or Caran d'Ache inks.

Thank you for sharing.

Loce the minimalistiic design too.... Have you checked their penscils they look stunning...

Price again is steep.... I love the Fountain Pen on their website.. Handmade out of a solid piece of sterling silver....

But as a poor Nurse at a price of CHF 2400,--- that will be Keep dreaming Peter!!! haha

Thank you for a VERY enjoyable journey for ALL the senses! I want ink, paper, pen & perhaps "just a little ink pot?" BUT alas I fear I will use my Kwizi "Foggy Green" & "pretend" it is "H 1 Green" for the moment. Still it was a great pleasure to have had the chance to "visit." Thank you again for sharing.

I got Iroshizuku inks for 2/3rd the price of this ink ordering directly from Japan. :)

Cost of Hakase sepia ink depends on you. If you use EF, F or M nibs then it is ¥6,000 and if you use B or BB then it is $7,000. The difference is maybe in the size of particles.

thanks for the useful info.... Must organize a group buy for that Iroshizuku here in Europe. Just like the one I am organizign wiht Mehandiratta for DA Inks (How about a group buy for India)

How about me sending you some nice ink samples and including this ink and you send me seome samples of your FAV Inks????

Regards,

Peter

Glad you enjoyed I love working this way in my reviews... thanks...

BTW All the senses... Well it is nt scented but the ink does not smell badly.

Gusto!!! Maybe I will try to taste a Drop like I tasted the De Atramentis wine ink Merlot (Check the review there is a photo of my red stained tongue in there)... Mjammie but I prefere a Saint emillion or Pomerol for drinking haha...

I will try a Drop of Hieronymus Green one soon and will let you know how it tastes.... er that is if I survive haha

Cheers Peter

thanks for the useful info.... Must organize a group buy for that Iroshizuku here in Europe. Just like the one I am organizign wiht Mehandiratta for DA Inks (How about a group buy for India)

How about me sending you some nice ink samples and including this ink and you send me seome samples of your FAV Inks????

Regards,

Peter

I live in India. I can probably buy any Indian Ink easily without the need of group buys. :)

I generally don't use Indian inks as I doubt their quality. I have very few pens (4 to be exact) and all of them are expensive ones, can't risk spoiling them with bad inks.

Sure, I can send you some samples. But I only have Iroshizuku inks in 2 colors and a chelpark (Indian ink). You need to guide me on the packaging as I have never sent samples.

DHRUV SOOd you are the first of the 5 to respond...

So PM your adress and I will send you a sample of Hieronymus INK Green One...

What other colours do you like I will toss in an extra sample

Regards

Pete

I do not wn Vert d'empire.... that is Je Herbin ink isn't it?

But I will send you a postcard with this ink to compare and buy the Herbin next time I am in Holland...

Yes it is Herbin, I can send you a sample, if you want.

Personnaly I find Hieronymous green (the price: :yikes: ) to be more greyish that Vert Empire, a deep rich green. I find Hieronymous to be more interesting, in what the nuances are conserned.

Good luck on you new job. ;)

Edited by fountainpagan

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Yes it is Herbin, I can send you a sample, if you want.

Personnaly I find Hieronymous green to be more greyish that Vert Empire, a deep rich green.

Good luck on you new job. ;)

Would love to receive a sample.... I will add a photo of Beautiful Tyrrol to my card.... J'adore La Douce France.... Please do so from your surroundings..

New job is nice Psychiatric Home Care nurse :drool: :crybaby: :) :lticaptd: :eureka: :roller1: (my clientts in several moods)... second month now but busy while i have extra clients to represent colleagues in Holiday... so sorry if things take a little longer

Thanks for the most interesting review, including the nice icon of St. Jerome. He is venerated as a saint by the Orthodox as well, since he lived before the Church was divided by the Great Schism.

Hieronymus is a company of tremendous style and good taste, and this ink is yet another example of that. It reminds me a bit of Sailor Bungbox Dandyism. Please continue to bring us more products from this fascinating atelier.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Seems very reminiscent of Cataulpa (Noodlers Australian exclusive) and Diamine Umber.

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.