Ranga Model 4C (Regular Ebonite & Premium Ebonite)- Group Buy

mehandiratta

We might add a column - Received? Because I for one am still waiting for my pen... it seems such a long time!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• I.M.

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My glossy black ebonite Ranga 4c with broad nib just arrived today. Beautiful

Pen! A little larger than I envisioned, but no problem. Thank you Mr Kandan. Can't wait to ink it up.

And thank you Mehandiratta for coordinating this group buy.

post-36725-0-33693300-1440862805.jpg

post-36725-0-40288200-1440862815.jpg

Thank you for making this successful....

We close the group buy today....

Will update all with shipping here only....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I have received mine!

Thanks for making this one happen. I am very happy with my pen. Have inked it up immediately and tried it out. I think I will do the German nib update for any future Ranga pen I get - much better than the Wality stock nib... Or maybe we could suggest to them they also offer Ambitious nib... because those are also very good, and not so expensive as the German nibs, from what I've understood.

Hello!

back from late holidays my 4C clipless blue ripple polished c/c and B size two tone JoWo nib was waiting for me on my office desk (where I had it delivered).

The pen is really nice!

I have another Ranga 4C in pink ripple bakul which I like a lot for shape, weight and balance, so deciding to join the group buy was an easy decision.

The bakul and polish finish give the pen a very different look and feel, the bakul has a sort of ethnic appeal to it and you can feel (and smell!) the warm ebonite in your hand, whilst the polished finish enhances the darkness of the ripple and the overall shine makes the pen look more elegant. Both lovely finishes.

The JoWo B size is really smooth and wet, and in my opinion is a good fit for a large size pen like this one (though I am not a lover of very fine nibs, so others may object...).

The blue ripple colour is a tad less blue than I expected, compared to other pictures of ranga blue ripple. The colour is a dark blue-green, similar to teal blue, if I were to compare to an ink colour I woud describe it as close to Private Reserve ebony blue...
That said, the pen is still VERY nice, I was probably just expecting the pen to be more bluish blue...

a few pics (sorry, compact camera and, especially, very bad lighting...)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/b8t0fbr0y59qk8x/ranga_4c_blue_ripple_006.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/tw9mz8g0hgn0lhi/ranga_4c_blue_ripple_007.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/rcvu4cns6h6kue9/ranga_4c_blue_ripple_008.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/5zaze38aukeuqb7/ranga_4c_blue_ripple_011.jpg

Many thanks to Ranga for the GB and Mr. Kandan and Mr. Pandurangan (Mr. Kandan's father, I believe) who is still working these marvellous objects on the lathe!

I agree with you on the blue. One reason why I may forego the next group buy - because again, the blue caught my eye...

I think that little lesson can be applied to all pen and ink purchases made based on images online, and should not be used as an argument against buying Ranga pens. It is commonly known that it is very difficult to put up images online that exactly match the real thing.

Edited by I.M.

not sure if others are having trouble viewing my photos, I am...

sorry first attempt to upload photos...

they are on an image sharing site and linked with url

and might be a bit heavy, too

(any suggestions to improve the process? sorry for raising this here)

Regarding the colour of the pen, I am really very happy with it nonetheless, so no argument against Ranga at all, just slightly different from expectation.

I am also drawn to think that regular ebonite colours are not pure colours (like acrylic) and tend to be darker ("dirtier" in a way) but that is also a characteristic of the material.

I have pink ripple bakul which is a dark reddish brown, an olive ripple bakul which is a light beige, and another olive ripple polished which is a slightly darker jellowish colour which olive describes closely.

The premium ebonite is made with purer colours I think, but I tend not to like them so much with some exception (some on the swirls look nice, whilst I would like darker shades in the monocromatic).

That said, to confirm I do prefer traditional ebonite, my next Ranga will probably be regular green ripple or mottled brown!

sansenri, to embed images you need to click the little square icon that looks like a mini Polaroid (if you hover over the symbols with your mouse you will be able to see which function each symbol has), and then you just enter the url in the window that pops up. By clicking edit in your original post with the pictures, you can then go ahead and make the changes described above. I hope that helps. :)

Edited by I.M.

Dear Mhguda

Thanks very much for your nice words.

Dear Mr.Sansenri Sir,

Glad that you like the pen. The colour slightly differs in some cases from the picture because of material, Photography .

Special thanks to Mr.Vaibhav again on behalf of all of you.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thank you IM, that is what I did... But the photos do not seem to load

I will give it another try later

(Edit: just discovered why they won't load... Image size too big!...)

The colour is nevertheless identical to the pen shown on page 7 by Edebill

Dear Mr Kandan

Many thanks, I confirm the pen is wonderful, l feel glad there are still people capable of practically handmaking such fine instruments

Edited by sansenri

Here are the photos in smaller size

hope they load now...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/6k2n4c0026ct8ga/ranga_4c_blue_ripple_006_.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/u2drlszjgp80z7e/ranga_4c_blue_ripple_007_.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/p8fj0xjippjewt9/ranga_4c_blue_ripple_008_.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/a6845f3j5rias5l/ranga_4c_blue_ripple_011_.jpg

sorry, no luck

try direct attachement

post-114886-0-99740000-1441292442_thumb.jpg

post-114886-0-61052500-1441292529_thumb.jpg

post-114886-0-25491100-1441292556_thumb.jpg

post-114886-0-87347800-1441292603_thumb.jpg

EUREKA!

Edited by sansenri

Question: The price included international shipping?

*falls down to knees and cries*
I was too late :(
At least I get to save money for the next Ranga group buy :).

Question: The price included international shipping?

*falls down to knees and cries*

I was too late :(

At least I get to save money for the next Ranga group buy :).

Yes price included international shipping....

This group buy is closed and next model of Ranga is available for group buy RANGA MODEL 3 - Group Buy

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

My pen arrived today! I haven't inked it yet but I wanted to emote over how quickly it arrived and how lovely it looks.

(Please excuse the photo quality, I'm not good enough to qualify as an amateur photographer.)

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

I too ordered the blue ripple. Mine is indeed more on the teal end. Does the picture of mine look similar to yours? It looks right on my own monitor, but yours look much more greenish.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/294355-ranga-model-4c-regular-ebonite-premium-ebonite-group-buy/?p=3441581

It maybe that ebonite just has a lot of variability. I ordered a red ripple pen a while back from another seller that is down right pink.

I've got my tealish pen loaded with Waterman Harmonious Green and it looks magnificent. I'd love to have another that's a purer blue, but I don't regret this one at all.

Recieved my blue ripple as well. It looks like what sansenri has posted i.e. closer to a teal. It writes extremely smooth though and is incredibly light and comfortable for it's size. Great pen really.

Since this is my first ebonite pen, any things I should look out for to help maintain the longevity of the pen?