Asa Daily

J_MM

Excellent post, J_MM! I loved reading about this pen a few days ago. It convinced me to order one for myself. I'm getting one in their new blue-black rippled ebonite rod stock. It should arrive a two weeks. Fingers crossed!

Thanks.

I've started to get a few ebonite pens in the blue ripple. They look very nice and provide some variety to the usual green and brown ripples.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J_MM

• amarjit

• fromthecrowd

• j-e-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.

I've started to get a few ebonite pens in the blue ripple. They look very nice and provide some variety to the usual green and brown ripples.

Thanks Rahul G & J_MM

Soon we will launch The ASA Writer in 13 Ebonite Finishes. Its under production, of these 7 colours would be absolutely new ones

Thanks Rahul G & J_MM

Soon we will launch The ASA Writer in 13 Ebonite Finishes. Its under production, of these 7 colours would be absolutely new ones

great,

Thanks Rahul G & J_MM

Thanks for the update, Mr Subramaniam. Needless to say, we'll wait with bated breath!

Very best,

Rahul

http://oi44.tinypic.com/30vg3eo.jpg

Follow at @rg1283 and http://bluecabbage.blogspot.com

Thanks Rahul G & J_MM

Asa Writer when it is scheduled to release?

I already have an ASA Galactic, and I'm going to order a Daily..

My question is, how long is the nib unit from the nib-end of the barrel to the point of the nib? The website indicates that it is 10 mm, but is it really that short?

Pen Length (Un-capped) -- 115 mm (Excl Nib)

Pen Length (Un-capped) -- 125 mm (Incl Nib)

Thanks!

Edited by Forsooth

19-20 mm on mine. That is the length of the nib sticking out of the section. The second number posted should be 135 based on my pen.

What is the average delivery time for an ASA coming from India to the US (East Coast)? I'm not complaining, just impatient to try it out!

James

19-20 mm on mine. That is the length of the nib sticking out of the section. The second number posted should be 135 based on my pen.

Thank you for your trouble, That sounds better!

What is the average delivery time for an ASA coming from India to the US (East Coast)? I'm not complaining, just impatient to try it out!

Once my Galactic from ASA was placed in the mail, it took 11 days, inclusive. I live on the eastern seaboard, USA. Someone else got one in a week, I remember reading.

Edited by Forsooth

Once my Galactic from ASA was placed in the mail, it took 11 days, inclusive. I live on the eastern seaboard, USA. Someone else got one in a week, I remember reading.

Well, no wonder I'm feeling impatient - my order is coming up on three weeks. Thanks for the information; I'm going to confirm that everything is OK with the order.

UPDATE: The invoice says to allow 2-3 weeks time for it to arrive. (So funny the British have to say time, as though a week were anything else.) IPS web tracking tells me the pen is still in Madars [sic] India, so I'll just have to be content chiseling words into stone until it arrives.

Edited by Manalto

James

Well, no wonder I'm feeling impatient - my order is coming up on three weeks. Thanks for the information; I'm going to confirm that everything is OK with the order.

UPDATE: The invoice says to allow 2-3 weeks time for it to arrive. (So funny the British have to say time, as though a week were anything else.) IPS web tracking tells me the pen is still in Madars [sic] India, so I'll just have to be content chiseling words into stone until it arrives.

I would be waiting to hear from you about your experience with pen after it arrives.

Khan M. Ilyas

Try the tracking number in USPS. In Canada I can track the parcel as soon as it lands all the way to my door.

That way I can anticipate my wife asking me why I ordered another pen!

Edited by J_MM

I've been considering an ebonite pen for a couple months now. I picked up an ebonite Konrad at Origami Ink and the tactile sensation was really nice, very different from my other pens. But I am unwilling to buy another Konrad, in spite of the wonderful form factor, because mine dries out after sitting capped for a few hours. I strongly suspect that my first ebonite pen will be an ASA Daily, or perhaps an Athlete.

I've been considering an ebonite pen for a couple months now. I picked up an ebonite Konrad at Origami Ink and the tactile sensation was really nice, very different from my other pens. But I am unwilling to buy another Konrad, in spite of the wonderful form factor, because mine dries out after sitting capped for a few hours. I strongly suspect that my first ebonite pen will be an ASA Daily, or perhaps an Athlete.

Both Daily and Athlete are good. Daily was perfect out of the box. Athlete I had to tune a bit. But I find myself using the Athlete (with stock nib) considerably more often.

I bought couple of airmail ebonites in brown black mottled and green black mottled few days back at Rs 350 each. Both have black acrylic section and stock Fine airmail nibs. These don't dry when left capped overnight. Both are smooth and wet and didn't need any flow adjustment.

I bought couple of airmail ebonites in brown black mottled and green black mottled few days back at Rs 350 each. Both have black acrylic section and stock Fine airmail nibs. These don't dry when left capped overnight. Both are smooth and wet and didn't need any flow adjustment.

are stock fine nib smooth?

are stock fine nib smooth?

Yes. Stock Fine nibs are smooth. I bought 2 spare fine nibs as backup but I didn't need to replace. Also medium nibs are available for replacement. I have been using airmail pens since nineties. Sometimes they need flow adjustment like spreading tines, deepening feed channel and so. I bought ebonites for the first time and found them smooth and wet right away

Yes. Stock Fine nibs are smooth. I bought 2 spare fine nibs as backup but I didn't need to replace. Also medium nibs are available for replacement. I have been using airmail pens since nineties. Sometimes they need flow adjustment like spreading tines, deepening feed channel and so. I bought ebonites for the first time and found them smooth and wet right away

ok

• 2 weeks later...

Both Daily and Athlete are good. Daily was perfect out of the box. Athlete I had to tune a bit. But I find myself using the Athlete (with stock nib) considerably more often.

I see you're flying a Russian flag; have you had any issues with the Athlete burping ink when warming up? I am curious how well its elongated section deals with air expansion in the barrel.