Asa Daily

J_MM

Here are a few pics of the ASA Daily. Very nice pen with a Schmidt fine nib unit. The nib is perhaps a bit small for this size pen. Nevertheless it writes well and is very good value at $32.

post-118012-0-06889300-1437707912.jpg

post-118012-0-98246600-1437707925.jpg

post-118012-0-65207100-1437707932.jpg

post-118012-0-27498200-1437707939.jpg

post-118012-0-26078800-1437707946.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J_MM

• amarjit

• fromthecrowd

• j-e-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Problem would then be to get the cap to fit correctly and without getting the tines out of alignment every time you open the pen. Even with the Guider Raja, I've gone back to a slightly smaller nib, because of that...

Edited by mhguda

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I like the look of that pen... 32 is a pretty good price really.

Love the ripples... Is it comfortable to hold and are you pleased with how it writes ???

I am really thinking I'd like to get myself an ASA. There are many good looking pens to choose from. However, at this point how it looks is not as important as finding out how they write. So I am looking around to read what folks are post regarding comfort and performance.

Also wondering if I want to wait for another group buy. I am not familiar with how group buys through FPN work. Are the pens all the same or can buyers select options ( color, nib size ) or do the group buys vary regarding the options.

I do like your ASA Daily :thumbup:

I'm watching this thread with interest because I just bought an Asa Daily in dark-brown ripple and am waiting for it to arrive from India. It's a chunky pen and I can see where its proportions could accommodate a larger nib, but it doesn't look unbalanced to me.

Not to bury j-e-g's post, how do others like its performance? (See above for the question on group buys.)

James

I'm watching this thread with interest because I just bought an Asa Daily in dark-brown ripple and am waiting for it to arrive from India. It's a chunky pen and I can see where its proportions could accommodate a larger nib, but it doesn't look unbalanced to me.

Not to bury j-e-g's post, how do others like its performance? (See above for the question on group buys.)

Not to worry Manalto :) I am just hoping to hear how folks like them.

I can vouch that that nib unit is a dream writer. Have a few installed in a few pens. Also have phrase tested the ASA Swan that I bought for a friend and the nib performance is excellent.

A lifelong FP user...

The Daily is a really smooth writer. I don't even miss not using my Pilot 823 and that's saying something.

I really like the length of the pen and the fact that it is not too thick.

If there was one thing to change, it would be to reduce the number of cap turns to 2 from 3. But this is very common with Indian ebonite pens and not a big deal.

My opinion of the pen has only improved with use. It is a better deal than the TWSBI ECO.

One thing I'll add. I found it useful to unscrew the nib unit and apply some silicon grease to those thread. Just a little is enough. This will seal the nib unit to the barrel.

The Daily is a really smooth writer. I don't even miss not using my Pilot 823 and that's saying something.

I really like the length of the pen and the fact that it is not too thick.

If there was one thing to change, it would be to reduce the number of cap turns to 2 from 3. But this is very common with Indian ebonite pens and not a big deal.

My opinion of the pen has only improved with use. It is a better deal than the TWSBI ECO.

Funny you mentioned the TWSBI eco. I was just looking into them. You speak highly of the ASA Daily. May I ask if you have or ave used any other ASA pens? As I mentioned, there are so many styles and options, so curious which others people are using and enjoy. :)

Yes, I recommend the Patriot which has a JoWo nib unit. If you don't mind the eyedropper versions, which have an ebonite feed, then the I Can, Gama Eyas and Hawk are nice pens.

Yes, I recommend the Patriot which has a JoWo nib unit. If you don't mind the eyedropper versions, which have an ebonite feed, then the I Can, Gama Eyas and Hawk are nice pens.

I am not opposed to an eye dropper. I have a acrylic eye dropper from India and I love it. One of my most attractive pens :)

I love that they hold a good amount if ink. Mine as a fine nib, a tad scratchy but I don't mind that. Works great on better paper, perfectly well on everyday paper.

I love the green rippled and the vintage look of the ASA pens. I read some comments/questions about the ASA name on the barrel. Looking at the photos, I don't mind the logo on the barrel. ( photos FPN members posted and photos on the ASA site)

I don't think the logo takes away from the overall look of the pen. But, I have not actually seen used one.

I am more concerned about how well it writes :) Because I already like the look .

Mine writes very nicely. The schmidt nib unit performs well and the section is very comfortable for my longer letters.

I would guess that for most modern pen materials, plastic or ebonite that the cap band is more for show than anything else. I have several ebonite pens with no cap band and no issue for lack of them.

Excellent post, J_MM! I loved reading about this pen a few days ago. It convinced me to order one for myself. I'm getting one in their new blue-black rippled ebonite rod stock. It should arrive a two weeks. Fingers crossed!

http://oi44.tinypic.com/30vg3eo.jpg

Follow at @rg1283 and http://bluecabbage.blogspot.com

Excellent post, J_MM! I loved reading about this pen a few days ago. It convinced me to order one for myself. I'm getting one in their new blue-black rippled ebonite rod stock. It should arrive a two weeks. Fingers crossed!

nothing about blue black rippled on the asa website

Hi Amarjit,

This is a limited ebonite rod stock, but available as of today(August 5, 2015). The production is only for the ASA Daily for now.

Please check this link to see it:
http://asapens.in/eshop/fountain-pen/asa-pens-india/asa-daily-3-in-1-filling-fully-handmade-ebonite-fountain-pen-india

Attached a screengrab below for reference. It's the last option.

Best regards,

Rahul

http://i57.tinypic.com/znv28i.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/30vg3eo.jpg

Follow at @rg1283 and http://bluecabbage.blogspot.com

Hi Amarjit,

This is a limited ebonite rod stock, but available as of today(August 5, 2015). The production is only for the ASA Daily for now.

Please check this link to see it:

http://asapens.in/eshop/fountain-pen/asa-pens-india/asa-daily-3-in-1-filling-fully-handmade-ebonite-fountain-pen-india

Attached a screengrab below for reference. It's the last option.

Best regards,

Rahul

http://i57.tinypic.com/znv28i.jpg

thanks