• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vanrensalier

• j1020

• Roger W.

• wacko1128

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not heard of one in Peoria. There was one more downstate but I'm thinking at least an hour east of you - maybe it was Bloomington? I haven't heard of them meeting lately either. If you get one going maybe I can coincide it with a visit to my brother in Pekin. Good luck!

Roger W.

PS - I arrange the Chicago Pen Club

I've head of one in Champaign, but don't happen to remember the details. Seller on eBay (penguy34) told me about it.

In Fort Madison (about 2 hours from Peroria) at the Sheaffer Pen Museum we have a meeting every 2nd Thursday. I believe August we are having a Picnic for former employees. We are also open 10-2 Monday and Friday, and would be glad to have you come if you haven't.

Nathaniel Harter
Sheaffer Pen Museum Volunteer
spmlogofpn.png

We have a nice club in Champaign, IL called "Pen Central". In fact, we are meeting tonight at 7:00 PM at the News Gazette Building in downtown Champaign.

If you are in the area, feel free to join us or contact me for further information and I will put you in touch with one of the officers.

Topic for this evening is "Do expensive pens really write better than inexpensive pens? Bring your limited editions and Esterbrooks, etc. and we'll compare and find out".

j1020

I've not heard of one in Peoria. There was one more downstate but I'm thinking at least an hour east of you - maybe it was Bloomington? I haven't heard of them meeting lately either. If you get one going maybe I can coincide it with a visit to my brother in Pekin. Good luck!

Roger W.

PS - I arrange the Chicago Pen Club

Hi Roger - Thanks for the note. I'd be pleased ot meet you on your way to Pekin! You're right - it looks like there's a club near Bloomington in Champaign.

We have a nice club in Champaign, IL called "Pen Central". In fact, we are meeting tonight at 7:00 PM at the News Gazette Building in downtown Champaign.

If you are in the area, feel free to join us or contact me for further information and I will put you in touch with one of the officers.

Topic for this evening is "Do expensive pens really write better than inexpensive pens? Bring your limited editions and Esterbrooks, etc. and we'll compare and find out".

Hey, that sounds like a great group, and I have Esterbrooks and plenty of inexpensive pens that write as well as the expensive ones. I bet you had a good meeting with that topic. I would be interested in knowing about the next time you folks meet. Thanks!

In Fort Madison (about 2 hours from Peroria) at the Sheaffer Pen Museum we have a meeting every 2nd Thursday. I believe August we are having a Picnic for former employees. We are also open 10-2 Monday and Friday, and would be glad to have you come if you haven't.

I moved to Illinois recently from California and would love to visit the Sheaffer museum. Thanks for the invite!

Hey, that sounds like a great group, and I have Esterbrooks and plenty of inexpensive pens that write as well as the expensive ones. I bet you had a good meeting with that topic. I would be interested in knowing about the next time you folks meet. Thanks!

The next meeting of "Pen Central" will be on September 24 at 7:00 PM in the News Gazette Bldg. in downtown Champaign. Feel free to PM me for more info about the Club and details of future meetings.

-Jim

j1020