J.herbin Emerald Of Chivor [Photo Heavy Overview]

attika89

Hello my name is Goatgolfer; <hello goat> I have a problem <we're listening> If I bought the Emerald of Chevre ink but only bought a sample for $1.25 so I could save money, but then bought a new pen because I didn't have an open pen in a green body, with a well-reviewed nib-feed-size combination wide enough to show off the beauty of the Emerald, and the pen cost more than $50 (I didn't have one of them and Jetpens was out of green-medium nib-Preppy) and then Heidi had Tomoe River samples, and a J-notebook I hadn't seen before and a plastic underlayment because the paper is so thin - do I have a problem?

<YES>

DA*N you M Herbin! - Merde -

Emeradl of Chevre is a fictional ink made from ground up emeralds, gold dust and goat parts. No goats were hurt in this review.

Edited by goatgolfer

Sometimes I think I can taste the colors of the ink through my eyes. That Emerald.....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• attika89

• Dhruv_Sood

• AAAndrew

• goatgolfer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NO! Of course you don't have "a problem!" Your are in the perfect place to refine those purchasing skills so you will no longer think about "saving $" BUT just HAVING IT ALL! AND then SOME MORE!

NONE of the posters you will meet here have ANY problem trying these new products & immediately looking for OTHER new things to try. Why no sooner that that silly old Emerald of Chivor had been shipped why we are already "on the trail" for 12 NEW colors from ANOTHER maker that aren't EVEN for sale YET!

NO PROBLEMS!

AND all one pen maker had to do is announce they are discontinuing the finish for ONE of their pens & suddenly orders are FLYING about to pick up any remaining models that are still in stock! AND everyone is "eyeballing" the other finishes to try & determine which OTHER finish MIGHT be next to be discontinued ............

NO PROBLEMS here!

So you are perfectly fine & will be perfectly happy here with the rest of us that are also "perfectly fine without problems..............."

NO! Of course you don't have "a problem!" Your are in the perfect place to refine those purchasing skills so you will no longer think about "saving $" BUT just HAVING IT ALL! AND then SOME MORE!

NONE of the posters you will meet here have ANY problem trying these new products & immediately looking for OTHER new things to try. Why no sooner that that silly old Emerald of Chivor had been shipped why we are already "on the trail" for 12 NEW colors from ANOTHER maker that aren't EVEN for sale YET!

Goat writes: I have a contact at PenzDetroit and we were chatting this week about Emerald of Chevre and the FPN reviews and in particular the nib/paper interface.

He told me that the Diamine rep was coming in the next day to display the 12 new inks and the rep had commented about how "the internet - anonymous place of Dolly Madison or whatever" had already commented heavily on the inks when none had been released to media for review and consideration. Diamine was only at the whetting the appetite stage via retailers and the reviewers would get the inks in a time choreographed manner. So, his question like many, is the Thermos joke - Hot stays hot, cold stays cold, how do it know?

Edited by goatgolfer

Sometimes I think I can taste the colors of the ink through my eyes. That Emerald.....

Goat writes: I have a contact at PenzDetroit and we were chatting this week about Emerald of Chevre and the FPN reviews and in particular the nib/paper interface.

He told me that the Diamine rep was coming in the next day to display the 12 new inks and the rep had commented about how "the internet - anonymous place of Dolly Madison or whatever" had already commented heavily on the inks when none had been released to media for review and consideration. Diamine was only at the whetting the appetite stage via retailers and the reviewers would get the inks in a time choreographed manner. So, his question like many, is the Thermos joke - Hot stays hot, cold stays cold, how do it know?

I found a diamine ink review by a reliable reviewer (FPN) who held comments until the release date. How refreshing.https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/296114-diamine-shimmer-inks-first-impressions/

• 8 months later...

FWIW, I think I remember where I've smelled that odor before. It's Play-Doh. Or at least it strikes me as what Play-Doh smelled like in the '60s!

• 6 months later...

This stuff is gorgeous and if it really is a limited edition, I'll have to go full Gollum and secure my hoard for the future. I am gifted with the ability to forget the price once I have hold of a product. I get the most spectacular results with a Pilot Parallel pen 6mm or 3.8 mm, both in the barrel and dipped (yes at the same time) writing on a slope, using a bleed-proof smooth and fairly non-absorbent paper I get from the local art supply shop for calligraphy drills. The crimson and gold shade towards to the bottom and edges on the broad strokes, very pretty. The double dipping gives a very dark teal and much more colour variation. I am trying to get the same effect on heavyweight watercolour paper for Christmas cards, but it's no good - the gold shows, but the crimson comes out looking blackish. I agree that this ink would be a fairly singular choice for everyday writing in a fountain pen, but for broad nib work, it's wonderful.

• 2 months later...

this color is simply from a parallel world. another dimension. for me, emerald of chivor is like a psychodelic drug. fantastic.

this color is simply from a parallel world. another dimension. for me, emerald of chivor is like a psychodelic drug. fantastic.

I quite agree. It's almost too amazing to look at for me to use it very often. If that makes any sense... :unsure:

And because of the extra care that needs to be taken (shaking the pen, wiping the sparkles from the feed, etc.), I also tend to use it only on special occasions. But it is like fireworks!

I'll join (most of) the others and say, "Wow." I don't know if I could handle the pressure of using such an ink. I feel like I'd have to wear a tux and hire a string quintet to play background music.

James

I'll join (most of) the others and say, "Wow." I don't know if I could handle the pressure of using such an ink. I feel like I'd have to wear a tux and hire a string quintet to play background music.

And that would be a problem, because... ??? ;)

LOL - Cellists are so temperamental?

Not to mention violists can never play in tune. :D [Joking: no offense intended to the violists out there in FPN-land...]