• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• attika89

• Dhruv_Sood

• AAAndrew

• Mishka5050

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you've ever tried a Sailor ink, than it's similar, but less prominent. :)

I'm getting 11 bottles of sailor inks in mail sometime next week. Currently in customs. Should have passed custom evaluation yesterday but since it was independence day, custom department was off. :)

J.Herbin is probably due in September.

I paid a French seller for J.Herbin inks and she hasn't responded in 3 days now. I am waiting till Wednesday, if there is no response, it'll be a PayPal claim.

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

Bex66, I see what you mean, yes you are right concerning F and XF nibs, there will be not much sheen (or none), but you will get it with an F flex nib, and even better with a vintage one. ;)

Hieroglyphes (www.hyerogliphes.fr) is the only french seller selling Herbin, on the internet, and already offereing all 4 1670 inks.

She doesn't work on week-ends, probably.

And, she is alone to do all, no one works with her, ergo communication may take a little longer.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

She doesn't work on week-ends, probably.

And, she is alone to do all, no one works with her, ergo communication may take a little longer.

I know this wasn't for me but thank you for the info.

I knew she works alone but didn't know that she didn't work on weekends.

I know this wasn't for me but thank you for the info.

I knew she works alone but didn't know that she didn't work on weekends.

Yes, it was for you, and you are welcome.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

In that case, thank you again.

Working alone is tough, but I didn't think that it would be this bad.

Her response time is okay with almost 2-3 responses a day but haven't received one since Thursday.

Buying experience is great but that hefty shipping will kill me.

I believe they are all "limited" edition. I use the quotes because they're really only limited in time, but they're still selling a LOT of bottles of the stuff.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Here is a little Emerald of Chivor again. Not too much gold this time.

http://kephost.com/images/2015/08/31/bbc783d8fb81ce151a752cda6e011ad4.jpg

http://kephost.com/images/2015/08/31/8b681ca3733491f3726efce6ffa12f45.jpg

Sigh. At least I got the notice that my Massdrop order is coming.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

-Montaigne

Super review.

I was lucky to recieve my bottle at the begining of August, but was out of town for most of the month. I finally got a chance to try it and agree that it is not going to be for everyone (nor is every paper or pen going to be able to make this ink shine). Photographing the peacock hues is impossible for me, but here is my best attempt. The colours look amazing in real life.....

21043070945_1c62c3f05c_b.jpgJ. Herbin ~ Emerald of Chivor by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

thanks for the great review, with all those amazing photos! Not sure why they aren't showing up on the post, but eh, the link works and that's all that matters! XD Your handwriting is gorgeous btw!

I am extremely disappointed!!

In how poorly the crappy scanner at work captures this absolutely stunning ink.

fpn_1441227511__emerald_chivor01.jpg

The real thing is so much more amazing. You not only can't see the gold, you lose half the colors, at least, and no sheen, and the deep red just looks muddy and rusty in the scan.

This was on a very smooth cotton comp paper. But I was even able to get sheen and color shifts on common old Black n' Red notebook paper!

When I lay it down with a dip pen it lays down thick and then red sheet comes out, even on 25% cotton Southworth paper (usually a sheen killer)!

And on Tomoe River paper it positively glows.

But I'm horribly disappointed... that I can't capture the spectacle of seeing it in person.

Sabin was right, there is a lot going on here. But I personally, and very obviously, love it. YMMV

-Montaigne

Super review.

I was lucky to recieve my bottle at the begining of August, but was out of town for most of the month. I finally got a chance to try it and agree that it is not going to be for everyone (nor is every paper or pen going to be able to make this ink shine). Photographing the peacock hues is impossible for me, but here is my best attempt. The colours look amazing in real life.....

J. Herbin ~ Emerald of Chivor by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Thank you, Pira!

I love your bonsai art with the Civor! I remember seeing your work in other sections of the forum. I love them!

I can agree that it's really hard to capture what you see with this ink, especially with scans - I did have a hard time myself -, but yours looks awesome!

This is not for me.. too much going on in that ink.. like a circus..

I can understand that ;)

thanks for the great review, with all those amazing photos! Not sure why they aren't showing up on the post, but eh, the link works and that's all that matters! XD Your handwriting is gorgeous btw!

Thank you so much! :happy:

I'm not sure why the photos aren't showing up though. :wacko: They did it for me once or twice, that I only saw the links, but they loaded after a little waiting.

I am extremely disappointed!!

In how poorly the crappy scanner at work captures this absolutely stunning ink.

The real thing is so much more amazing. You not only can't see the gold, you lose half the colors, at least, and no sheen, and the deep red just looks muddy and rusty in the scan.

This was on a very smooth cotton comp paper. But I was even able to get sheen and color shifts on common old Black n' Red notebook paper!

When I lay it down with a dip pen it lays down thick and then red sheet comes out, even on 25% cotton Southworth paper (usually a sheen killer)!

And on Tomoe River paper it positively glows.

But I'm horribly disappointed... that I can't capture the spectacle of seeing it in person.

Sabin was right, there is a lot going on here. But I personally, and very obviously, love it. YMMV

I'm really happy that you are enjoying the ink! It can be really tricky to capture all aspects of this thing for sure! I could only come close with photos, but the scan really can't show everything. Mine turned out okay though, cause I can see some gold an some sheen, but good lighting and good angles are both needed to see and capture all of it.

I can't wait till my bottle arrives...

Super review.

21043070945_1c62c3f05c_b.jpgJ. Herbin ~ Emerald of Chivor by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Goatgoler writes: This is stunning. Are their other media (pastels, watercolors, glitter pens, ..IDK) that have a similar art effect? Being ignorant of these things is turning out to be just plain fun about the possibilities.

Edited by goatgolfer

Sometimes I think I can taste the colors of the ink through my eyes. That Emerald.....

Grrrr, I'm still waiting on a certain Netherlands store getting it in order to fulfil my pre-order. The agony of waiting.......

I've pre-ordered from the Netherlands too. At first I wanted to get it from the UK, but it would've been considerably more expensive because of the British Pound....Too bad....It would be already in my hands....

Grrrr, I'm still waiting on a certain Netherlands store getting it in order to fulfil my pre-order. The agony of waiting.......

Me too. Sent them a mail yesterday. They have no clue when it will come.

My 5 bottles...

So, I've been experimenting with using this with dip pens. The fascinating thing when laying this down so thickly is that on a really good paper like Tomoe River or Canson Marker, the ink looks like very dark turquoise straight on, but tilt the paper and the sheen looks like bright red metallic foil! It is wild.

-Montaigne