Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Where To Get A Parker 51 Cap?

Alexcat

Can anyone point me in the direction of where(in the UK, and online)Imcan buy a Psrker 51 cap?

Thanks

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolverine1

• Uncial

• Alexcat

• mitto

I bought 4 (2 gold and 2 lustraloy) aero 51 caps and a vac 51 gold cap from local vintage shops and all of these for very cheap prices ($5-10).

In fact I have completed 6 of my 51 pens using parts bought randomly from these vintage shops selling pen parts as well as other vintage items. i once or twice was also able to find a P75 M nib and two to three P51 nibs for $3-5. Yet , it is only by luck. No regular dealer ,here in Pakistan , offering Parker parts for sale.

I ,however, have no knowledge of anyone selling P51 caps in UK / online.

Best of luck.

Khan M. Ilyas

I read a thread on here recently about someone who provided this service although I think they may have been in the States. I clicked on the website too and had a snoop around and they sold all manner of pen bits. Sadly, I recently cleared my history :(

Perhaps someone else will recall. Ebay can be a good source for this too if you search 'fountain pen lot' as many have P51's in them. The nibs are usually missing or unrescuable but you might get a decent cap out of it and they do tend to go fairly cheaply.

Please post in the correct sub-forum, ie, the Parker forum

Apologies. I consider myself suitably chastised. Got a lot on my mind and pens help take my mind off things, a little.

I know I was wrong, but, really....could you not have sent a private reminder, rather than making me feel publicly embarrassed?

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

• 3 weeks later...

You can always ask on Parker75.com; I got one there a few years back, not cheap but the pen needing it was, so all up $65 wasn't bad.

Also Parker51.com is worth asking... http://www.parker51.com/parts.html even if not showing on the parts page (as now.)

Glenn.

Edited by Eccles