Show Us Your Ebonite Fountain Pens

mehandiratta

My dad's Gold nib Ratnamson no. 15 in black ebonite. Writes a fine /extra fine line. It is pretty smooth and wet enough:post-123248-0-52791600-1438596962_thumb.jpg

The main thing is the nib:

post-123248-0-86748200-1438597097_thumb.jpg

I apologize for the poor photos as I took them from the camera of my phone...

Watches + fountain pens = heaven! :wub:

Do visit my blogs:-

Watches-http://crazyaboutwatch.blogspot.in/ (run by my friend and I)

Pens-http://crazyaboutpens.blogspot.in/

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• fountainpagan

• sanyalsoumitra

• fromthecrowd

My dad's Gold nib Ratnamson no. 15 in black ebonite. Writes a fine /extra fine line. It is pretty smooth and wet enough:attachicon.gifWP_20150802_003.jpg

The main thing is the nib:

attachicon.gifWP_20150802_010.jpg

I apologize for the poor photos as I took them from the camera of my phone...

Lovely piece of handwork, thanks for sharing.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

It's a Gorgeous pen. Enjoy writing with it.

Thank you prashant.tikekar! I am much enjoying it. Had hardly put it down since arrival.

OK, I admit it, they're not all ebonite (obviously), but this is my collection of 'Triveni' pens from Fountain Pen Revolution. Three full-size pens (from left: 'Ruby Teal' acrylic, brown ebonite and black ebonite), then two Trivenis Junior (red ebonite and blue/red acrylic). The full-size ebonite pens are the original design, which had plastic (Serwex MB) grip sections; the Junior ebonite pen, and the two acrylics, have grip sections made of matching material.

post-108160-0-12311700-1438694208_thumb.jpg

These pens are all very comfortable to hold and to write with - though only are inked up just at the moment...

OK, I admit it, they're not all ebonite (obviously), but this is my collection of 'Triveni' pens from Fountain Pen Revolution. Three full-size pens (from left: 'Ruby Teal' acrylic, brown ebonite and black ebonite), then two Trivenis Junior (red ebonite and blue/red acrylic). The full-size ebonite pens are the original design, which had plastic (Serwex MB) grip sections; the Junior ebonite pen, and the two acrylics, have grip sections made of matching material.

attachicon.gifTrivenis.jpg

These pens are all very comfortable to hold and to write with - though only are inked up just at the moment...

Have you had any issues with the flow in the Trivenis? I have two ebonite ones and neither flow well.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

I have a question regarding these ebonite eyedroppers you guys are using. How do you detect/check the ink level?

How do you know that the ink is about to run out and it needs to be refilled?

Stopping between a writing session isn't really desirable.

I have been procuring Indian pens for someone and this has intrigued a bit of interest in the eyedroppers.

The last eyedroppers pen someone gave me never worked. I left the pen for 6 hours nib down and it still didn't write.

Edit: I did follow Hari's instructions on how to fill Indian eyedroppers.

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

Formally you can use the pocket scale. Just weigh the pen with and without ink and you can always tell when it needs refill. But with some experience you start to feel when the pen is close to being empty.

If you followed Hari's steps to fill indian eyedroppers (likewise to other eyedroppers) you shouldn't have had any problems.

I have never had any problems with indian pens: they work like fire. I have two Asa pens that don't even need shelac on the thread. My Ratnamson desk pen lays flat all the time, and as soon as I take it, it starts writing immediately, even after days and days out of use.

Did you check if the feed was not blocked? If the nib tines were not too tight? Did you try to thoroughly dismantle it, clean it an ink it again?

Edited by fountainpagan

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

When EDs are near to empty, ink flow increases considerably. This is how you can guess how much ink is left in the pen

Formally you can use the pocket scale. Just weigh the pen with and without ink and you can always tell when it needs refill. But with some experience you start to feel when the pen is close to being empty.

Pocket scale method is inconvenient. Although I agree about the experience part, it will take time though.

Did you check if the feed was not blocked? If the nib tines were not too tight? Did you try to thoroughly dismantle it, clean it an ink it again?

No, yes and yes.

Currently considering Deccan advocate black with aeromatic posted in the previous page of this thread. My experience with eyedroppers hasn't been good, the one I am talking about ruined 10-15 pages of classnotes.

Pocket scale method is inconvenient. Although I agree about the experience part, it will take time though.

No, yes and yes.

Currently considering Deccan advocate black with aeromatic posted in the previous page of this thread. My experience with eyedroppers hasn't been good, the one I am talking about ruined 10-15 pages of classnotes.

Scale method is very convenient. Ink volume is large and you only have to weigh your pen once in three days or so.

Why aeromatic? Deccan Advocate is most reliable eyedropper! You will have no bad experience with that one.

Edited by fromthecrowd

Scale method is very convenient. Ink volume is large and you only have to weigh your pen once in three days or so.

Why aeromatic? Deccan Advocate is most reliable eyedropper! You will have no bad experience with that one.

My all ASA pens have never burped on me... all reliable eyedroppers... love them to core...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

ASA Forever Pen in Greenish Blue Rippled Ebonite....

With the home grinded broad italic nib. (Stock Nib was Medium - Made in Taiwan )

Inked with Bril Turquoise Blue.

fpn_1438844310__img_20150806_091509-01.j

fpn_1438844470__img_20150806_091225-01.j

fpn_1438844644__img_20150806_091154-01.j

Beautifully finished pen. Love it.

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Some modification will be done to it anyway. So I thought maybe I could get aeromatic too.

I am not comfortable with with the width of line Schmidt nibs make, so I have asked them to make a nib which doesn't give line width of more than 0.2mm.

Here is an empty ASA Athlete on a pocket scale. One may weigh it once in three days. When the figures approach 20.5 g it's time to fill it up.

post-112455-0-91406200-1438850773_thumb.jpg