Show Your Twsbi Eco

spaceink

Just got a white eco with a fine nib, struggling with the flow and it is a bit scratchy. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Otherwise it is nice to handle, i have a lamy safari F nib which is much wider more so even than my pilot MR m nibs. This eco F nib is very fine in comparison.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spaceink

• Jamerelbe

• TheRealScubaSteve

• amberleadavis

Just got a white eco with a fine nib, struggling with the flow and it is a bit scratchy. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Otherwise it is nice to handle, i have a lamy safari F nib which is much wider more so even than my pilot MR m nibs. This eco F nib is very fine in comparison.

Nib can be scratchy due to lack of ink flow. Try removing nib and feed and floss feed channel and nib slit. Then refit nib and feed. Also try changing ink to wetter one.

Nib can be scratchy due to lack of ink flow. Try removing nib and feed and floss feed channel and nib slit. Then refit nib and feed. Also try changing ink to wetter one.

Will try that the flow is not great. i am using diamine jet black, is this a wet ink or do you have any

advice on that?

thanks

Will try that the flow is not great. i am using diamine jet black, is this a wet ink or do you have any

advice on that?

thanks

Never tried Diamine inks so can't tell. But you can browse through inky thoughts for further help

advice on that?

thanks

I used to have Diamine Jet Black (till I gave it away!), and from memory it's like most Diamine inks I've tried, relatively free flowing. Your saving grace with Ecos is that they're so easy to disassemble - I'd suggest removing the nib and feed and giving both a good clean, maybe scrubbing the feed with an old toothbrush (no paste!) to ensure there are no manufacturing oils or debris in the channel. Make sure the nibs are aligned (a 10X or greater magnifying loupe will help you confirm this), and see if that resolves your flow problems.

Bottom line, you shouldn't be having flow problems with a new pen - if simple remedies don't rectify your problems, I'd be contacting TWSBI and/or the person you bought the pen from to ask for their advice and assistance!

• 1 year later...

I love the 1.1mm stub but decided to switch out the nib for fun. Turned out that the feed that came with the 1.1mm stub ECO allows adequate flow for flex without additional channel mods (according to TWSBI, the feeds are different for certain nibs). Here is mine with an FPR 5.5 flex put in.

Are you sure TWSBI ECO is compatible with #5.5 nibs? Because I read it was only compatible with #5.

And where did you find this beautiful flex nib?

Thanks,

Rafael Cordano

I love the 1.1mm stub but decided to switch out the nib for fun. Turned out that the feed that came with the 1.1mm stub ECO allows adequate flow for flex without additional channel mods (according to TWSBI, the feeds are different for certain nibs). Here is mine with an FPR 5.5 flex put in.

I did the same thing to one of my Ecos and the 5.5 nib is a perfect fit and the flex is excellent !

I grabbed my first Eco a few weeks ago...the white capped model with the stub nib. I was really impressed with the pen and especially the nib, so I grabbed a few more. Waiting for some new colors to be introduced so I can build the collection! These are really awesome value pens. They're a little more expensive then the Pilot Metropolitan but I'm sorely tempted to make these my new go to FP gift for new users.

http://i.imgur.com/M3CcvFO.jpg

I grabbed my first Eco a few weeks ago...the white capped model with the stub nib. I was really impressed with the pen and especially the nib, so I grabbed a few more. Waiting for some new colors to be introduced so I can build the collection! These are really awesome value pens. They're a little more expensive then the Pilot Metropolitan but I'm sorely tempted to make these my new go to FP gift for new users.

Vicary,

What's that awesome green ink you're using in the clear demonstrator?

Vicary,

What's that awesome green ink you're using in the clear demonstrator?

That is Sailor Jentle Waka-Uguisu. It's a nice spring green with a touch of brown. Good stuff!

Here's mine. 580 is about 3 years old and only ever had the same ink in it, was my daily writer for almost 2 years. White ECO was bought just after the Clear ECO came out as I changed my mind which I preferred having waited for the clear to come out. Lime and Turquoise ECOs arrived on Saturday.

http://i.imgur.com/nK7qdIO.jpg