Show Your Twsbi Eco

spaceink

Mine just came in, and I assume others are receiving theirs as well. Show your first scribbles with it, or just let us know your quick impression of it.

This is my first TWSBI, and I'm impressed. I've handled an acquaintance's 580 and like that, too, but I feel the ECO holds its own. A nice piston filler that has a good, solid feel in my hand at a price competitive with other intro pens like the Lamy Safari or Pilot Prera. Writes smoothly out of the box, for me. I wouldn't hesitate to point my friends to this one.

post-117704-0-91579100-1437515049_thumb.jpg

Edited by spaceink

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spaceink

• Jamerelbe

• TheRealScubaSteve

• amberleadavis

Yes, it came with a red plastic wrench and a small bottle of silicone gel. All fitted in a small plastic box.

Edited by spaceink

Very cool. I am waiting for my white one which is i/t to me now. I also got a stub.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Nice photos of the full kit.

Anyone with both colors, can you post a photo with the caps swapped, so as to create two black and white combos? Am thinking it will look pretty cool in an Imperial stormtrooper kind of way.

Edited by spaceink

Nice photos of the full kit.

Anyone with both colors, can you post a photo with the caps swapped, so as to create two black and white combos? Am thinking it will look pretty cool in an Imperial stormtrooper kind of way.

That settles it. Now I *must* have a black one too, so I can swap caps! :)

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com

Any opinions on how well the cap posts (or doesn't)? Another member posted a video review that mentions his cap loosening/coming off when he writes.

Why are there fourteen samples of dark plum ink on my desk? Because I still haven't found the right shade.

Is that a problem...??? : : : sigh : : :

Update: Great. Finally found one I love (Lamy Dark Lilac) but I can't get more. Ah, life in my inky world....

The cap posts fine for me. You really have to be Intent on removing it with your wrists by force, I feel. I watched the video and am skeptical anyone is likely to repeat that loosening, sitting and writing at a desk at normal human angles.

Received mine this morning. It has EF nib with good ink flow and writes smooth with just a little feedback (I like that).

The section has gentle contours for grip somewhat resembling that of the Lamy Safari. I had to rotate the nib/feed slightly to get a comfortable grip/nib position. But that is really easy to do and now it feels just right.

The cap posts securely with the O-ring holding it in place. I like it that the piston knob can't be turned by the posted cap.

Overall, I think it is good value.

I shall get one too. I think the black one looks better as the piston is black too.

But I don't know whether I should take an F or M nib. How fine and smooth are these nibs compared to other pens like Pelikan or Lamy?

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

I shall get one too. I think the black one looks better as the piston is black too.

But I don't know whether I should take an F or M nib. How fine and smooth are these nibs compared to other pens like Pelikan or Lamy?

If they're anything like the TWSBI Diamond 580 nibs, the M will be pretty bold---a hair more than a Lamy Vista M, in my opinion. Had to swap out for F to corral ink flow.

Ordered F on my Ecos (yes, two) for that reason.

Why are there fourteen samples of dark plum ink on my desk? Because I still haven't found the right shade.

Is that a problem...??? : : : sigh : : :

Update: Great. Finally found one I love (Lamy Dark Lilac) but I can't get more. Ah, life in my inky world....

I ordered one the first day it was released and haven't received it yet. It was shipped on 7/15. Is anyone else still waiting for their Eco?? I'm trying to be patient, but it is hard!!!