mehandiratta

As mentioned in my previous reviews for the inks, Bril inks are one of the most used and admired inks in India. Bril has been in existence since 1964 and are based out of Bangalore in India.The review is about the BRIL LAUREL ROSE which is my second ink review from Bril.

This review is simultaneously posted on my blog which is more detailed. Link to blog is here : INK REVIEW

Bril Inks can be purchased from their Webpage as they have launched the webshop recently with nationwide shipping. Bril inks come in following colors:

1. Royal Blue
  2. Green
  3. Red
  4. Laurel Rose
  5. Turquoise Blue
  6. Violet
  7. Black

My earlier Ink reviews are listed as below:

Also I would like to add that i got the inks as a gift from one of my friend and fountain pen enthusiast, Rakshit Pai.

img_20150719_164718-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose

Bril Laurel Rose is a wonderful color ink which comes in 60 ml glass bottle and is priced at Rs. 18 (USD 0.28).

INK SPLASH

img_20150719_165017-02.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Ink Splash on BILT Matrix Paper – Angled View

img_20150719_165107-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Ink Splash on BILT Matrix Paper – Top View

Angled view shows the the sheen ink gives apart from the variation in shades.

DROP ON PAPER NAPKIN

img_20150719_172101-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Ink Drop

COLOR MATCH

untitled-1.jpg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Color Match

WRITING SAMPLES

img_20150719_165736-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Writing samples with three different pens on BILT Matrix paper

img_20150719_171021-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Writing samples with three different pens on Century copy paper

img_20150719_165940-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Writing samples with three different pens on Camlin Kokuyo Notebook

INK SWABS

img_20150719_165825-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Ink Swab on BILT Matrix paper ( From top to bottom – 1 to 3 swabs)

img_20150719_171053-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Ink Swab on Century copy paper ( From top to bottom – 1 to 3 swabs)

PEN SCRIBBLE

img_20150719_170746-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Pen Scribble on BILT Matrix Paper

WATERPROOF TEST

img_20150719_172722-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Waterproof Test

I felt that ink has decent water resistance. As ink did not fade away too much even after running the paper under tap water for complete one minute. Rather paper started to give away but not the Ink.

img_20150719_172726-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Waterproof Test

INK DRYING TIMES

Ink drying times were tested on the Bilt Matrix paper and pen used was Jinhao X-450.

img_20150719_170622-01.jpeg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose -Ink Drying test

BLOW-UP WRITING SAMPLES

img_20150719_170851.jpg?w=768

Bril Laurel Rose – Zoomed in Writing Sample

You can see from the above zoomed in writing sample that there is certain bit of shading in the Ink.

CONCLUSION

I like the pinkish color of Bril Inks. I have used this ink in lot of pens and have realised that this ink stains the converter but gets washed out after using ammonia flush.

Still i recommend not use this ink in demonstrators. Must buy at the price.

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• amarjit

• visvamitra

• lgsoltek

as usual, your reviews are great as always. I Always wait for your reviews to come about things you tried.

Edited by amarjit

Excellent review. Thank you for taking time to prepare such an exhaustive review. I'm not really big on pinkish tones so I can live without trying this ink :)

Thank you for appreciation .... means a lot.... also this is the only in production ink in India.

That splash is gorgeous!

Thank you

as usual, your reviews are great as always. I Always wait for your reviews to come about things you tried.

appreciate your feedback... thank you

vaibhav mehandiratta

Also to add to this... Bril has started selling this ink in India.. Nationwide through webpage

vaibhav mehandiratta

Also to add to this... Bril has started selling this ink in India.. Nationwide through webpage

only problem is rs. 500 minimum order. I don't have problem for placing order value of rs. 500/- but the size of ink which i have to buy in 500 Rs is 5 litres of ink and it will take me ages to finish it.

only problem is rs. 500 minimum order. I don't have problem for placing order value of rs. 500/- but the size of ink which i have to buy in 500 Rs is 5 litres of ink and it will take me ages to finish it.

Buy bril fountain pen along with this... And other stationary items... Buy inks 2 bottle each... Its ISI marked and we'll far better than some foreign made inks in India like monteverde, private reserve at 600 plus for a bottle.. Anyways you can always make ppl go back to fountain pen... Gift inks with bril pens to some known or to some kid who you think will benefit from this

vaibhav mehandiratta

Buy bril fountain pen along with this... And other stationary items... Buy inks 2 bottle each... Its ISI marked and we'll far better than some foreign made inks in India like monteverde, private reserve at 600 plus for a bottle.. Anyways you can always make ppl go back to fountain pen... Gift inks with bril pens to some known or to some kid who you think will benefit from this

Will do the same

Wonderful presentation. Hope to see more reviews from you in the future!

Thank you... Yes next will be Sulekha crystal violet

vaibhav mehandiratta

• 2 years later...

Holy (bleep), 30 cents a bottle?

I'm going to go meet the 500RS minimum right now and get two of each.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I like it!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY