MartynV

Would the two pen pouch fit a 149 & 146 together? Or does the 149 need a specific pouch?

Regards,

John

Visconti: Millionaire LE, HS Lava Steel, Opera Club Honey Almond, Michelangelo Black/Rose

Aurora Optima 365 LE, Mar Adriatico LE

Omas Galileo '93, '15 Year of Light, F.A.O., Paragon Burlwood LE

Delta MOMO Design Rose LE

Mont Blanc Johannes Brahms, Georges Solti, 146 LeGrand Platinum, Model #32 (cracked), WE Leo Tolstoy, 146 Burgundy, Model 22, 149 Platinum, Marc Newson, WE Charles Dickens, Rouge et Noir Coral

Hooligan LE #6

TWSBI Diamond 580 X2 and Eco

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elysee

• meiers

• DanielLiao

• Nathanb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

What pouch is this?

The Flip Flap pouches are great! If you just let go of the top flap, it still covers the top of the pouch and prevents pens from coming out! The Flip Flap is my favorite Montblanc pen pouch -- actuallly, in my opinion, the best pen pouch ever made! Another nice feature of the Flip Flap pouch is that it is formed, stiff, and solid -- this protects pens from pressures of any bag in which you put it.

If you are interested in purchasing a Montblanc Flip Flap pouch, you can check eBay as there are some listed from time to time. Sadly, Montblanc stopped making them several years ago.

Another pen pouch that you may like is the Montblanc Oblong pouch with a magnetic closure. However, I must warn you that the magnetic closure is not as secure as the Flip Flap. The Oblong pouch is formed, stiff, and solid but it does not have the same top closure security as the Flip Flap. I own several Oblong pouches and I like them a lot, but I take extra care to keep them top-side up as well as extra care to make sure that they are closed.

Edited by elysee

I agree with the comments regarding the flip flap pen case. Clever design. The plus on this one is that it is a hard case but is not thick and bulky. The flip flap top is secure but provides quick and easy access to pens. The only caveat is that the internal separators (an issue with many cases not just the flip flap) do not extend to the bottom of the case. Depending on the pen size and design they might touch at the bottom. This forum describes several solutions if this is an issue. It is too bad MB discontinued such an high quality, unique item.

MB pouches definitely do not cause any problems with scratching the pens kept inside it. I find that the Franklin Cristoph penvelope 13 does scratch my pens though :(

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

Could you expand on your reservations about the two-pen pouch please .... Thanks!

I returned the multiple pen MB pouch - I think I had the one for two pens. From what I recall the internal divider was extremely minimal and didn't, in my opinion, provide enough protection between pens when the pouch was full. If I'm going to put more than one pen in a pouch the pens shouldn't be able to direct hit one another when the pouch is moved about.

Edited by Psychor

149 got single horizontal scratch on the cap while using MB Florentine due to the inner edge of the leather. I smoothed the edge with a bone.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

There's also the nice 1906-2006 anniversary edition pen case. It has a simple, clean design and there are no internal separators.

Keep in mind that it is a very thin case. Larger pens like the 149 won't fit in it. The classique, however, is a perfect fit.

http://www.pensinasia.com/MBh2pph85.jpg

http://www.pensinasia.com/MBh2pph86.jpg

I returned the multiple pen MB pouch - I think I had the one for two pens. From what I recall the internal divider was extremely minimal and didn't, in my opinion, provide enough protection between pens when the pouch was full. If I'm going to put more than one pen in a pouch the pens shouldn't be able to direct hit one another when the pouch is moved about.

Please read my posts on the first page of this topic as well as the topic to which I provided a hyperlink. In these, especially in the topic to which I provided a hyperlink, I describe how to create inserts for Montblanc (and other pen pouches) which keep pens separated and stable within pen pouches. These inserts are removable, run the length of the case, and keep pens from touching each other when the pen case is moved/jostled. In addition, these inserts accomodate pens of various sizes.

There are other pen cases, some of which have individual "fingers" into which you can insert pens. I found these to be problematic as some pens are too large for the "fingers" and some pens are too small for the "fingers". I do not like my pens to be squeezed into a pen case, and I do not like my pens to rattle around in a pen case. I like them to have support and protection, without rubbing together or sliding around within the case.

After trying various pen cases which did not provide adequate protection, I found that, by starting with a pen case that provided the best support and protection available, I could make it better by adding inserts, thereby making it do what I needed it to do. So, I recommend that you find the pen case that you like the best and, then, modify it so that it does what you want/need it to do.

I retired my 3-pen MB Sienna and went for 6-pen Franklin Christoph - still carry the Albert Einstein in the single Florence (picture is old, subject was around what pens do you use daily..)

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/nbendy1/MB%20penvelope%204_zpsr9wgc3li.jpg

Please read my posts on the first page of this topic as well as the topic to which I provided a hyperlink. In these, especially in the topic to which I provided a hyperlink, I describe how to create inserts for Montblanc (and other pen pouches) which keep pens separated and stable within pen pouches. These inserts are removable, run the length of the case, and keep pens from touching each other when the pen case is moved/jostled. In addition, these inserts accomodate pens of various sizes.

There are other pen cases, some of which have individual "fingers" into which you can insert pens. I found these to be problematic as some pens are too large for the "fingers" and some pens are too small for the "fingers". I do not like my pens to be squeezed into a pen case, and I do not like my pens to rattle around in a pen case. I like them to have support and protection, without rubbing together or sliding around within the case.

After trying various pen cases which did not provide adequate protection, I found that, by starting with a pen case that provided the best support and protection available, I could make it better by adding inserts, thereby making it do what I needed it to do. So, I recommend that you find the pen case that you like the best and, then, modify it so that it does what you want/need it to do.

Thanks for the tip.

• 11 months later...

Hi all!

I picked up these two pen pouches with different colors than I'm used to seeing.

I've tried looking them up by name and am coming up with very few hits, and not much from FPN either.

Anyway: when did MB produce these?

On a side note, the green pouch's dividers don't extend all the way to the bottom. Anyone have tips on creating inserts for the use? Thanks all!

By the way, one flag I'm seeing is how the "Baccarat" is misspelled on the box's tag.

post-116940-0-38713500-1483569551.jpg

post-116940-0-93423000-1483569555.jpg

post-116940-0-76516400-1483569559.jpg

post-116940-0-31555900-1483569564.jpg

Edited by hit2cho

I doubt it.

Too bad this case I really liked it. Seeking a case for two or three pens to pens were placed separately. Thank you for your answer.

hmmm. I started with the standard black 1 pen pouch... really super... then bought a black 3-pen and also came across a burgundy 3-pen MB case, as everyone described I rarely use it because the protection is inadequate for carrying it around. I look forward to reading the post about putting in the sock. I suppose if it were just a standard pen set, like a 144, a ballpoint and a pencil, sure clip them in and go for it. not a big deal. but the thought to stuffing 3 patron of the art series in there is just not appealing. these cases just sit in my drawer unused. I also have the 100 year anniversary, that one is awesome. gave one to my good friend as a gift (along with a carbon fiber rollerball) and regretted giving away the case ever since. I then came across another by luck and didn't pass that up (it was basically free after I sold the 100 year anniv. pens it came with). I keep my two MB ballpoints in there now. I also have some other cheap leather 1 pen cases, they are great. Pilot makes nice leather cases, durable. Also - I had the Frankin C penvelope, returned it, wasnt feeling it. I do not like to leave my pens clipped in when sitting, something about it. I did buy 2 Wancher Penvelopes on ebay from Japan, they are good leather and price is good, but I do not recommend letting pens sit in them for a long period of time (like a year or more) especially in a safe. heavy tarnishing results. I don't know if it was the safe or the leather, but needless to say, I won't do that again, but no permanent damage was done luckily. The penvelopes are good for a quick, move from MB storage box to safe when going out of town.