Tactical Notebook Covers

fiberdrunk

I found the coolest notebook holder. I got back into doing shorthand again this year after a long absence from it, and am now teaching it to my son as a note-taking tool as well. I found these wonderful steno pad holders by Tactical Notebook Covers that are just perfect for note-takers who are always on-the-go. The larger one holds a 6"x9" steno pad and 5 pens, plus it has inner and outer pockets that are perfect for holding whatever else I need, including my pocket shorthand dictionary. It's one of the best practical tools that I've come across in a long time. We just love ours! It's lightweight, and quite frankly, I'd rather carry this around than a purse! Their covers come in different sizes, not just steno pad size. I bought two of their 6"x9" steno pad holders. I haven't had them long enough to comment on durability, but as the company seems to create these holders for military and law enforcement, I think the durability is probably a given.

(By the way, I have no affiliation with the company whatsoever... I happened to find them on Amazon originally when I was shopping for fountain pen-friendly steno pads.) Here are photos of mine.

Front of the holder, with optional customized removable embroidered name tape (which attaches with velcro):

19785160166_ec024ea081_b.jpg

Inside view of the pen holder (which is covered with a velcro flap to keep the pens safely inside -- there are 5 elastic loops inside the pen pocket to hold the pens snug... but there is plenty of extra room in there for additional items, too); also, here's a view of the inner pocket with a clear cover (good for holding reference materials, like shorthand brief forms!):

19816069601_f59ebcfba5_b.jpg

Inside view of the steno pad holder (a zipper closes this section):

19623253698_08e422de27_b.jpg

View of inner pocket:

19624679529_07639c7f36_b.jpg

Inside tag of the manufacturer:

19811227495_e8aebff12e_b.jpg

View of the back outside pocket, which closes with a zipper (perfect for my pocket shorthand dictionary!):

19190412693_ae126f44e4_b.jpg

This is just perfect for taking along to classes for note-taking... everything is all ready to go and perfectly accessible when I need it. There is plenty of extra room for the usual pen-related goodies (ink cartridges or whatever else you need). I definitely give the product two thumbs up!

From their website:

When you need mission-critical information at your fingertips and your Tactical Field Work involves taking notes, referencing maps, checklists, ipads and other PDAs...then this site's for you! Extensive field testing has gone into each of our designs so that you end up with a super functional and super strong organizer that works with you! Our Tactical Notebook Covers don't just protect your notebook.... they organize all that "other stuff" that ends up in other cases, pouches or just loose in your pocket.

We've been designing and manufacturing Tactical Cases, Packs, and Bags with life-saving and mission-critical features built in; for over 25 years - on this side of the ocean! !

Military spec design has been the foundation of our business since we started up in 1985. Over the years we have created a broad range of unique field cases for NATO forces around the world. As there are very few manufacturers left in Canada and the USA, we have been a magnet for industry looking for unique, occupational specific products that are built to endure the elements.

We're really picky about making sure that our tactical cases are of the highest quality. They're carefully handmade by sewers that take pride in their workmanship. We're probably too picky for our own good, though, as we create products that last a very long time. Military cases purchased back in 1985 are still being used today - that's over 25 years!

Steno Field Notebook Cover

An extremely functional Field Case that has been design to fit around a common Steno Notebook which is available at any office supply store. This case comes in 2 sizes: 5" x 8" and 6" x 9". ... We realize that you need to carry a variety of pens and markers and keep them secure. We have added pleating to hold your writing utensils to the front of the case with a secure flap to keep them from falling out. Inside is a clear see-thru window to store quick reference notes or job related details. On the rear of the case is a full length zippered pocket with nylon handle to help pull the case out of those deep pockets.

Photos of their smaller 5x8" steno pad holder:

http://www.tacticalnotebookcovers.com/graphics/StoreBox/products/2022/stenopad_cover.jpg

http://www.tacticalnotebookcovers.com/graphics/StoreBox/products/2022/steno_pad.jpg

http://www.tacticalnotebookcovers.com/graphics/StoreBox/products/2022/steno_notebook.jpg

Edited by fiberdrunk

Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fiberdrunk

• fountainpagan

• inkypete

• Buzz_130

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - some very interesting covers. Will take some time to browse this site.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

They are quite common in military aviation. The compact size, exceptional durability, and convenience make them go-to tools. In my aircraft, they are often attached with D-rings to make them easy to grab.

Buzz

Great find. Thanks for sharing with us. Some of the bigger models are very interesting.

They make custom models, too. Wouldn't it be great to have a FPN model made? ;)

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Great find. Thanks for sharing with us. Some of the bigger models are very interesting.

They make custom models, too. Wouldn't it be great to have a FPN model made? ;)

Oooh, that would be nice! I'd love to see their covers come in more colors, too... like purple!

Oooh, that would be nice! I'd love to see their covers come in more colors, too... like purple!

:lol: Maybe they can do that. You can always convince them these are quite militarish ;)

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo