Asa Gama Revolution (Ebonite Pen With C/c Or Ed Filling)

Miles R.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miles R.

• manp

• sannidh

• TanSha

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, but this leads to another dilemma... This ED is greased at the section rings, so if I try to clean it with running water, won't the grease get in the barrel? or will it also get cleaned out? I was considering spraying water inside the barrel with a syringe to clean out the ink, but that leaves the feed vulnerable to clogging.

what say?

Puzzled,

Tannu

:wacko: . Tannu - I hope you can get a pack of silicone grease (below) from your local hardware store. Goes by the name of metroark211. Suggest after cleaning the pen, you can apply the grease to the section threads with an earbud, before storing the pen.

PS: Feeling lazy now to start a new thread - sorry, Miles.

Best,

Sonik

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/soniknitr/IMG_3496_zpsutwmkegi.jpg

Edited by soniknitr

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

The pen should be returned to the seller at seller's expense for refit / replacement.

I would have asked the seller for replacement of the same, at least it should look symmetrical to the naked eye.

Edited by soniknitr

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

:wacko: . Tannu - I hope you can get a pack of silicone grease (below) from your local hardware store. Goes by the name of metroark211. Suggest after cleaning the pen, you can apply the grease to the section threads with an earbud, before storing the pen.

PS: Feeling lazy now to start a new thread - sorry, Miles.

Best,

Sonik

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/soniknitr/IMG_3496_zpsutwmkegi.jpg

I will try this... Many thanks for the advice.

and BTW, Miles, my apologies for hijacking the thread.

How much is for the pen? The material looks good. Cheer with you!

No pen is best pen.

How much is for the pen? The material looks good. Cheer with you!

In the US, it's $50, but you should consult the seller's page, for which I provided a link at the beginning of my review.

• 10 months later...

Hi! Am seeing this post late in June 2016 but thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. The pen you bought costs about 1000 rupees in India (with the stock nib, of course). That's about $15 US at today's rate. I have two of these originals - one glossy and one matte, which with occasional cleaning and otherwise regular use, have given me endless pages of reliable writing. It is meant to be a sturdy, easy writer for regular, non-fancy use. Something to throw into a bag or a pouch and pulled out as needed. Most Indian pens are, unless they are boutique pens of some sort. This is not a boutique pen. None of the Gamas are, the handmade-ness and the upgraded nib (in your case) notwithstanding. At $15, I would not expect or care in the least about absolute symmetry, as I would about sturdiness and reliability, primarily. I do sympathize with your predicament, in that your expectation of a $50 pen wasn't satisfied by this (basically $15) pen. What you got was a $15 pen, upgraded with a $5-10nib, a $5-10 packaging and mailing, and a $20 profit to the seller. Forgive me, if I take this opportunity to warn everyone (friendly warning, of course) not to expect too much out of Indian pens repackaged and sold internationally with fancy names and a whiff of the exotic, since upgrades and marketing changeth not the pen's original rustic character. Buyer beware. Cheers!

Hi! Am seeing this post late in June 2016 but thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. The pen you bought costs about 1000 rupees in India (with the stock nib, of course). That's about $15 US at today's rate. I have two of these originals - one glossy and one matte, which with occasional cleaning and otherwise regular use, have given me endless pages of reliable writing. It is meant to be a sturdy, easy writer for regular, non-fancy use. Something to throw into a bag or a pouch and pulled out as needed. Most Indian pens are, unless they are boutique pens of some sort. This is not a boutique pen. None of the Gamas are, the handmade-ness and the upgraded nib (in your case) notwithstanding. At $15, I would not expect or care in the least about absolute symmetry, as I would about sturdiness and reliability, primarily. I do sympathize with your predicament, in that your expectation of a $50 pen wasn't satisfied by this (basically $15) pen. What you got was a $15 pen, upgraded with a $5-10nib, a $5-10 packaging and mailing, and a $20 profit to the seller. Forgive me, if I take this opportunity to warn everyone (friendly warning, of course) not to expect too much out of Indian pens repackaged and sold internationally with fancy names and a whiff of the exotic, since upgrades and marketing changeth not the pen's original rustic character. Buyer beware. Cheers!

Thanks, Fpnat0, for providing a local perspective on the pen. Yes, the pen would have been a fair deal at $20 to $25 plus the cost of shipping. I guess I was seduced by the "whiff of the exotic"!

the current prices should hover around 35 to 40 usd which includes nib upgrade and paypal charges and shipping and packaging charges...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter