The Super Duper Co-Razy Parker Penman Sapphire - Blue - Comparisons Psp

amberleadavis

And just look how different the same ink, written on the same paper, with the same pen, scans when next to other blues. PPS just looks different in these scans, but I wrote all forty pages in one night.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• dcwaites

• Tas

• Luma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And it is interesting to note, that PPS is radically different depending on the ink flow. So, for example in the swab, you would be dang hard pressed to tell the difference between PPS and Eel Blue or PRAB, but when others have written with PRAB, they say it is different. Well, I did use a HUGE nib. PPS may not look the same with a small nib.

So true, so true.

I'll add 4001 Königsblau to my sample, just because that is the last one that I have, that hasn't been mentioned yet, not that it would really look like PPS. Boy, wouldn't that be ironic?

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

Penultress, you also have Island Blue, can you try it if I get you another sheet? I just got Migo's back and I think it too is close.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

fpn_1438895903__2015-pps-13-d.jpg

BTW, I love Sargasso Sea, but dang is it hard to clean.

Amber, I could do another sheet, since you still haven't sent them all out. In which case, can you send some extra empties of the same paper you write on? Then, if I run out of space, I can take another sheet and lay it over the existing one and continue with more inks...

I've made a new batch of Love potion #9 and it is different from the older one, so I'm definitely in for a repeat exercise and maybe a change of mind... but I need the same paper you wrote on to be sure of how much it approaches the real thing. Can I Paypal the 1.25 directly to you?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Penultress, you also have Island Blue, can you try it if I get you another sheet? I just got Migo's back and I think it too is close.

Yes, I can. I didn't use it as it was already represented. #13's looks good. I can do as mhguda suggests and lay a sheet over what I've done or use that lined one that's really nice paper! It's lined, 3-hole punched. Is it Tops?

Oh, that's the Staples Sugarcane that everyone raves about. My local stores don't sell it but the last time I was online, I found it.

Okay, so I have two takers for more sheets with PPS and some extra sheets of the same paper. Is that okay with everyone?

And it is interesting to note, that PPS is radically different depending on the ink flow. So, for example in the swab, you would be dang hard pressed to tell the difference between PPS and Eel Blue or PRAB, but when others have written with PRAB, they say it is different. Well, I did use a HUGE nib. PPS may not look the same with a small nib.

Back on page one I did a scan that included PPS in a medium wet Kaigelu and PRAB in a medium dry Parker 51. They look almost identical, fit if I do them in the same dipped pen the PRAB is noticeably wetter and darker.

I am going to re-do my samples with a dipped nib, and will include some Diamine inks as well.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Has anyone done a tally of how many inks have gone up against PPS?

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

Has anyone done a tally of how many inks have gone up against PPS?

LuMA has a list - see post #176

Verba volant, scripta manent

Amber posted some more reviews so I need to update the list but like Migo said, it's a pretty long list :D

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Amber posted some more reviews so I need to update the list but like Migo said, it's a pretty long list :D

How can so many blues not be "quite the same" ?!!

(I'm slightly embarrassed at how fussy I've become)

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_clueless.jpg

I'm getting a second sheet and will be adding KWZI Azure 5 and De Atramentis Royal Blue, and probably a couple of others.

Here is #16 again - this time with Kobe #37 Island Blue in my Omas Bologna with Binder CI and 3 different papers: Tomoe river, Clairefontaine and Rhodia Dot. To my eyes, the Clairefontaine is most blue, though on this scan, it could be Rhodia.

fpn_1438974625__island2.jpg

Akkerman #4

Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue

Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue (DILUTED @ 50%)

Amber's Deux

Aurora Blue

Bril Royal Blue

Bungbox Hatsuki (Sapphire)

Chesterfield Capri

Chesterfield Sapphire

Caran d'Ache Idyllic Blue

De Atramentis Christmas

De Atramentis Hyacinth

De Atramentis Myrrh

De Atramentis Robert Lewis Stevenson

De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes

De Atramentis Steel

Delta Blue

Diamine Asa Blue

Diamine Aster

Diamine Blue Velvet

Diamine China Blue

Diamine Cornflower

Diamine Florida Blue

Diamine Majestic Blue

Diamine Regency Blue

Diamine Royal Blue

Diamine Sapphire Blue

Diamine Sargasso Sea

Faber-Castell Cobalt Blue

Faux Penman Sapphire #9

Georg Jensen Blue

Iroshizuku Asa-Gao

Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

J. Herbin Eclat De Saphir

Kobe #2 Blue on the Waterfront

Kobe #14 Maya Lapis

Kobe #17 Blue Shioya

Kobe #37 Island Blue

Kobe L.E. Standard of Ur Lapis

Mix de Mhguda

Mix de Mhguda II

Mix de Tas

Mix de Tas II

Noodler's Bad Blue Heron

Noodler's Baystate Blue

Noodler's Bernanke Blue

Noodler's Blue

Noodler's Legal Lapis

Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Noodler's Navajo Turquoise

Noodler's Ottoman Azure

Noodler's Polar Blue

Omas Blue

Omas Roma 2000

Parker Penman Sapphire

Parker Quink Blue

Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue

Pilot/Namiki Blue

Private Reserve American Blue

Private Reserve Black Magic Blue

Private Reserve DC Supershow

Private Reserve DC Electric

Private Reserve Lake Placid Blue

Private Reserve Midnight Blue

Private Reserve Naples Blue

Sailor KN Lidith's Jay

Sailor Preparing To Go Out

Sailor Shumi No Bungu Hako

Sailor Souten

Sailor Yama-Dori

Shaffer Blue

Visconti Blue

Wahl Eversharp Wahlberry

Waterman Florida Blue

If anything is missing or labeled incorrectly, let me know. Thanks.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Here is #16 again - this time with Kobe #37 Island Blue in my Omas Bologna with Binder CI and 3 different papers: Tomoe river, Clairefontaine and Rhodia Dot. To my eyes, the Clairefontaine is most blue, though on this scan, it could be Rhodia.

fpn_1438974625__island2.jpg

That is very weird indeed. Your #37 looks purple next to PPS. My #37 is definitely much closer to the PPS on the sheet sent to me by Amberlea. In fact, it was quite difficult to tell the difference between the two.

To me, it has practically no magenta undertones (typical of many Sailor blue inks).

(I was also thinking that maybe the name "Island Blue" was also an indication that it was not intended to be a purple-blue - but what's in a name).

Another ink mystery.

Verba volant, scripta manent