Sailor Preparing To Go Out

Sailor Shumi No Bungu Hako

Sailor Souten

Sailor Yama-Dori

Shaffer Blue

Visconti Blue

Wahl Eversharp Wahlberry

Waterman Florida Blue

This is the (REVISED) list so far of what has either been reviewed or mentioned by an individual that they intend to review on their sheet from Amber. Let me know if I missed any.

Edited by Luma

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• dcwaites

• Tas

• Luma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the list so far of what has either been reviewed or mentioned by an individual that they intend to review on their sheet from Amber. I will put in alphabetical order in the morning and double check for spelling errors. Let me know if I missed any.

What a collection!

You can add Diamine China Blue, Sheaffer Blue and Visconti Blue on your wonderous list - although none were a match to the PPS :unsure:

Private Reserve DC Super show

Private Reserve American Blue

Omas Roma 2000

Private Reserve Naples Blue

Parker Penman Sapphire

Faux Penman Sapphire #9

Pilot/Namiki Blue

Chesterfield Capri

Kobe #14 Maya Lapis

Diamine Aster

Diamine Blue Velvet

Diamine Florida BluemoOmas Blue

Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

De Atramentis Myrrh

Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue

Diamine Asa Blue

Bungbox Hatsuki

Noodler's Blue

Noodler's Ottoman Azure

Private Reserve Lake Placid Blue

Iroshizuku Asa-Gao

Georg Jensen Blue

De Atramentis Hyacinth

Diamine Sargasso Sea

Diamine Cornflower

Iroshizuku Kon-Pekin

Noodler's Bad Blue Heron

Wahl Eversharp Wahlberry

Kobe L.E. Standard of Ur Lapis

Sailor Shumi No Bungu Hako

Kobe #37 Island Blue

Sailor Yama-Dori

Waterman Florida Blue

Amber's Deux

Noodler's Baystate Blue

Diamine China Blue

Shaffer Blue

Visconti Blue

This is the list so far of what has either been reviewed or mentioned by an individual that they intend to review on their sheet from Amber. I will put in alphabetical order in the morning and double check for spelling errors. Let me know if I missed any.

WOW. I had started to make a list myself, but I was not nearly as thorough. GOOD JOB!

Edited by HalloweenHJB

I tried Sailor Souten - also not a match :)

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

WOW. I had started to make a list myself, but I was not nearly as thorough. GOOD JOB!

Would I sound entirely crazy if I mentioned I intended to drop all the scans that Amber posts from the reviews along with the people who post their own and drop it into PS in order to compile a master list of samples? Then I realized it was already 2 AM and one should not be contemplating such things at an early hour! Especially not if you need to wake up early the next day :wacko:

Here's mine:

19898452138_7def558ccc_h.jpg

The Shumi No Bungu Hako (and KN Garrulus Lidthi, which is quite similar to my eye) is the closest of my inks.

@Gylyf: Is the KN Garrulus Lidthi on your review? I cannot find it. Not sure whether to include it on the list.

It's not, sorry for the confusion! I didn't have a pen inked up with it and I ran out of room. I'm pretty sure I saw someone in the thread mention that he/she would be doing it, so I did the Shumi no Bungu instead (that was before seeing it had already been done...).

Edited by gylyf

Anyone out there have some KWZI No 12?

My swatch, in real life, looks EXACTLY like Amber's PPS on her paper.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_kwzi_my_no12_swatch.jpg

Edited by Tas

I'll double check. Just wanted to be sure I didn't miss it :D Thanks.

It's not, sorry for the confusion! I didn't have a pen inked up with it and I ran out of room. I'm pretty sure I saw someone in the thread mention that he/she would be doing it, so I did the Shumi no Bungu instead. But I could have sworn I saw someone mention he/she would do the KN?

I did Shumi no Bungu as well (post #117). It is close, but I think Kobe #37 is a better match. I think the colour/cream tone of Amberlea's paper may have an effect on the matching.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Luma, I said I would do Sailor Preparing To Go Out.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I did Shumi no Bungu as well (post #117). It is close, but I think Kobe #37 is a better match. I think the colour/cream tone of Amberlea's paper may have an effect on the matching.

I saw you'd done Shuni No Bungu after I'd posted my scan. I thought I was being so clever, but you beat me to it ;)

Unfortunately, I don't have any #37 to compare to the Shumi and the Garrulus Lidthi, but the latter two seem nearly identical to me, with the KN having a touch more purple, maybe? In any case, on the white paper Amberlea sent me, the Shumi and the PPS seem very, very close. At least, it's the closest of the blues I have.

This might be the MIGHTIEST comparison of blues on earth. Amberlea, it's EPIC.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I saw you'd done Shuni No Bungu after I'd posted my scan. I thought I was being so clever, but you beat me to it ;)

Unfortunately, I don't have any #37 to compare to the Shumi and the Garrulus Lidthi, but the latter two seem nearly identical to me, with the KN having a touch more purple, maybe? In any case, on the white paper Amberlea sent me, the Shumi and the PPS seem very, very close. At least, it's the closest of the blues I have.

There really is only a very small difference between Shumi and #37. Both are close to PPS, but I detect a teeny tiny bit more magenta in the colour balance of Shumi.........maybe! :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Loving this !

@Gylyf: Is the KN Garrulus Lidthi on your review? I cannot find it. Not sure whether to include it on the list.

We need to do this one, I think Lidthi is DARN close.

Anyone out there have some KWZI No 12?

My swatch, in real life, looks EXACTLY like Amber's PPS on her paper.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_kwzi_my_no12_swatch.jpg

Tas, are you going to join in???????

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Fabienne, to answer your question, I started to draw some little boxes, but the short version is yes, I will send you a "form"- as in one of the 40 sheets of paper I doodled with PPS. It should have gotten to you already, but soon.

Nevertheless, I did write an answer ...

fpn_1438143948__2015-07-28-21-25-23.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY