The Nth Pilot Custom Heritage 92 Review

sannidh

@ Sonik as usual wonderful review so informative and love the pics as well

@ hari thats a steal deal on such a good pen its a daily carry for me

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• s_t_e_v_e

• hari317

• J_MM

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Sonik as usual wonderful review so informative and love the pics as well

@ hari thats a steal deal on such a good pen its a daily carry for me

Thank you for your kind feedback Ravi. Feel, the pen's a steal even at 100-110 USD, with its superb engineering and specs.

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

hell of a review... amazing pics... to the detail ....

quite an amazing effort....

I must say the smoked finials...is what gives it distinction and i love it....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

hell of a review... amazing pics... to the detail ....

quite an amazing effort....

I must say the smoked finials...is what gives it distinction and i love it....

Thank you so much, for your awesome feedback.. Then you must get one of these, these pens write superbly out of the box (At least Medium + nibs)

Best,

Sonik

I recently lost my Pelikan m200 in a taxi on a trip. I decided to replace it with the Pilot 92. I'm glad I did as it writes as nice as the M200 but is a bit bigger and feels more solid. Great value for the money and the piston is much easier to clean than the con-70.

I recently lost my Pelikan m200 in a taxi on a trip. I decided to replace it with the Pilot 92. I'm glad I did as it writes as nice as the M200 but is a bit bigger and feels more solid. Great value for the money and the piston is much easier to clean than the con-70.

Glad that your CH92 served you well. Love that piece of engineering. Btw, how do you feel the spring/softness as compared to your m200?

Best,

Sonik.

Glad that your CH92 served you well. Love that piece of engineering. Btw, how do you feel the spring/softness as compared to your m200?

Best,

Sonik.

I'm going from memory here but I think the 92 has a softer nib. I would recommend it over the m200.

Nice review! I see a theme here of quality reviews. :thumbup:

I love my Custom 92, but ONLY after having it professionally smoothed and adjusted by Mike Masuyama. I have owned 2 92's, (F & FM) and both arrived writing far too dry and with far too much "draggy" feedback. I ended up selling the FM, and it took 2 trips to Mike M. for my Fine to be perfect, but now... ohhh nelly... is it ever perfect. It, along with my Lamy 2K and Pelikan vintage 400 brown tortoise, is one of my favorite EDC pens. My 92 is currently equipped with Bung Box Sapphire, and it's a wonderful combination.

I agree with you about the Pelikan m605 - wettest pen I own. It currently is inked with Diamine Majestic Blue, and all I see is glowing red sheen when I write with it. I personally prefer the Custom 92 to the m605, which is probably some comfort for others who are hesitant to spend Pelikan prices. Part of that, though, is because my writing style is better suited for finer nibs, and the juicy XF on my m605 is more like a Western medium.

Nice review! I see a theme here of quality reviews. :thumbup:

I love my Custom 92, but ONLY after having it professionally smoothed and adjusted by Mike Masuyama. I have owned 2 92's, (F & FM) and both arrived writing far too dry and with far too much "draggy" feedback. I ended up selling the FM, and it took 2 trips to Mike M. for my Fine to be perfect, but now... ohhh nelly... is it ever perfect. It, along with my Lamy 2K and Pelikan vintage 400 brown tortoise, is one of my favorite EDC pens. My 92 is currently equipped with Bung Box Sapphire, and it's a wonderful combination.

I agree with you about the Pelikan m605 - wettest pen I own. It currently is inked with Diamine Majestic Blue, and all I see is glowing red sheen when I write with it. I personally prefer the Custom 92 to the m605, which is probably some comfort for others who are hesitant to spend Pelikan prices. Part of that, though, is because my writing style is better suited for finer nibs, and the juicy XF on my m605 is more like a Western medium.

Thank you Betweenthelines for your gracious feedback :D.

I had a similar problem with a FM-CH92 (feedback) which I later exchanged with the seller for a M nib, since we do not have a Mike here. I think the vintage m400 you own is one of the best pens in your flock. Also people need to see this awesome review. Like you had said earlier, CH92 is also a less-worry EDC than a m605. m605 does spill ink like it owns the ink-factory :P

May I know what's the nib width of your L2K?

Edited by soniknitr

• 3 months later...

Sweet review of a great pen.

My own CH92 came very dry out of the box (but very smooth) and needed to have the flow adjusted.

It's perfect now.

Same here. It seems most Pilot coming bought directly from Japan are pretty dry, especially the FM nib, like mine.

One thing though, the piston is really stellar. I always get perfect fills without any air, it's really great.

Getting curious about this pen, besides my M215 I want to have another piston filler to also be able having more ink colors for writing. My main concern is the size of the pen. My M215 is quite small and slim in diameter, is the PCH 92 a bit bigger and thicker? If its like a Pelikan M600 or M800 that would be perfect.

I have sniped some great auctions on eBay. Pilot 74 with music nib for $70. But this is not typical. Amazon has the 92 for under $105. I love my 91, 74, Metropolitan & Petit 1's. Don't like the 78G.

Getting curious about this pen, besides my M215 I want to have another piston filler to also be able having more ink colors for writing. My main concern is the size of the pen. My M215 is quite small and slim in diameter, is the PCH 92 a bit bigger and thicker? If its like a Pelikan M600 or M800 that would be perfect.

It's more like m600 than m400 IME. Below is a together shot :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0tVz2wn40wI/Vd2hukVg4dI/AAAAAAAAFNs/QqDdHt8JJxI/s1600/DSC_5590.jpg

Thank you for this excellent review, Sonik. I like the looks of the smoke/black finials. It makes it look unique. Enjoy your new pen!