Desk Pen Edition Of Show Off Your Esterbrooks

NobleDel

It was a slow day at home so we thought we'd take some photos of our desk pen bases and share them with the forum.

post-88273-0-35348300-1435939977_thumb.jpg

post-88273-0-37334700-1435940362_thumb.jpg

post-88273-0-37018300-1435940413_thumb.jpg

post-88273-0-76800700-1435940453_thumb.jpg

post-88273-0-86425200-1435940472_thumb.jpg

post-88273-0-79340700-1435940491_thumb.jpg

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AAAndrew

• ScienceChick

• NobleDel

• ac12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IM-PRESSIVE! :thumbup: I never realized there were two "8-ball" styles.

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

Thanks Hobiwan. The art deco 8-ball is DB-113, the double holder is DB-322, and the wedge shaped holder is DB-111. They may be harder to find on eBay because they have no manufacturer's marking. Therefore, unless the seller knows that they are Esterbrook products, they may not be listed with the Esterbrook name in the auction title. I happened to notice them when they were paired with other Esterbrook items. Pendemonium has a better photo of the deco 8-ball on their site. That's also where I first saw one. The green double holder is the only one I've seen that wasn't black. I assume Esterbrook made double holders in the other four colors, as well.

Edited by NobleDel

Ooooooooooo

Droooool :puddle: :puddle:

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I had no idea of the colors! I have one of the eight balls in the box but no desk pen. I now want colors as well! Thanks so much for feeding my problem!! :)

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

This is an evil, evil place....and thread.

I love them all. More stuff to claim I'll never buy. :huh:

Very impressive, NobleDel. Thanks for the photos. Confirms my belief that Richard Esterbrook had the greatest pen company of all time.

I've got a BUNCH of desk sets. I used to keep a 2-well dipless (hockey puck) inked up on my desk at work but I just am never in my office to use the pens, so I cleaned it out. I love the desk pens, have zero use for them. :-(

Steve. Just plain ol' Steve.

I have not seen the 8-ball and dual pen holders with the spine down the back.

Oh, another thing to look for. :wacko:

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Eightball schmeitball - Flat is where it's at!

The black set has a permanent home on the kitchen counter.

fpn_1436238517__esterbrook_desk.jpg

Okay, the eightballs are cool too, but I couldn't resist saying "schmeitball".

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

Very nice! I was wondering if any of those would show up. So, what shall they be called? We got "8-ball", "wedge" or "doorstop" ... how about "pancake" for the round one, and .... :closedeyes:

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

French toast?

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Here are a couple of photos of some desk pens and bases you might like

#1 In the Box # 444 Feed Matic Base, with a dip Less Pen inside MIB

#2 The Box says Esterbrook Stylist Desk Set Model DS 120 CW w. Med Point Cart or lever filler

Neat thing is the interchangeable interior color disc's , no not for your computer or DVD, you may also insert your favorite family photo.

# 3 a Green vinyl covered , skin like base

# 4 & 5 Class base about 4 3/4 round either clear or red colored glass

with appropriate pens

Looks like they had quite a few models

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today

Is the taper on the black pen with the red taper translucent or opaque? I have a translucent red tapered pen, but hadn't seen an opaque red taper. The good thing about all this is that there's always something new coming along.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Esterbrook Double Pen Ceramic Desk Set

Would love to get another in burgundy or teal.

The DS 114&117 (wedge shaped) are my favorites...so Art Deco.

Edited to correct edition numbers.

post-36725-0-44991500-1436669702_thumb.jpg

Anyone have one of these?
post-3036-1249690927_thumb.jpg

Farmboy

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.