Help? Is Yamadapen.com Legit?

applesauce12

Hello everyone,

I am a new FPN member so please excuse me for any FPN faux pas I may commit :). I stumbled across the site yamadapen.com today while looking for a Visconti Wall Street. I have been looking for a decently priced Wall Street for ages now and I came across this site but their prices seem much too good to be true ( ex. on the Wall Street it's around $160 USD). I was wondering if anyone had used or even heard of the site before or if you believe these pens are Chinese fakes. The site is in Japanese however if you put the link into Google Translate and select Japanese to English that will do the trick. Any information would help!

The reason I am partially inclined to believe that this is legit is that I have seen Pelikan pens sell on Rakuten for a fraction of street price so I was just curious.

Thanks everyone.

PS I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this so please excuse me again.

Edited by applesauce12

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• applesauce12

• jar

• ScienceChick

• fly_us

Top Posters In This Topic

whois shows:

Domain Name: YAMADAPEN.COM
Registrar: GUANGZHOU EHOST TECH.CO.LTD.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 1516
Whois Server: whois.topvhost.net
Referral URL: http://www.5778.com
Name Server: DAVE.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: F1G1NS2.DNSPOD.NET
Name Server: KAY.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Status: ok http://www.icann.org/epp Updated Date: 18-jun-2015
Creation Date: 17-jun-2015
Expiration Date: 17-jun-2016

and:

Registrant Street:Rm 408 BLDG haojingdasha No. 124 Shiyou XinmaLu, Yuexiu district
Registrant City:Guangzhou
Registrant Province/State:Guangdong
Registrant Postal Code:510059
Registrant Country:CN

Run.

My Website

I'm sorry I'm a bit of a noob, what does all that mean? I get that the site was created very recently and is short term but other than that I have no clue how all that is relative. Could you kindly explain? Thanks and sorry :blush:

It looks like it's in China, not Japan. China often = fakes.

Edited by ScienceChick

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Ah okay, so considering all of the text on the website is in Japanese and they seem to be marketing it as a Japanese dealer it is less likely that the website is legit?

That and the fact that it's a newly-minted site. Think about it - it's an approximately $700 pen; $160 is too good a deal to be true.

Edit: That last line comes off a little snippy, sorry. I completely get wanting to get a deal on a longed-for pen but if it seems too good to be true it almost always is. I hope you find your pen at a price you can live with.

Edited by ScienceChick

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

It means that while there is a question if you might get something you ordered there is a very high probability they would get your credit card info.

My Website

I use a pre paid credit card for such scenarios. To date I have never had a problem and I am still covered my Mastercard purchase protection....win win.

It smells. If i found a pen with market price around $600-700 at $160, and the site is fairly new, as well as it comes from China, to me it is a big no no.

They are selling the Pelikan M1000 for $219

Has anyone ever seen a fake Pelikan M1000 ?

As a stamp collector I know that fakes and forgeries are widely collected.

Do people collect fake "high quality" fountain pens ?

They are selling the Pelikan M1000 for $219

Has anyone ever seen a fake Pelikan M1000 ?

As a stamp collector I know that fakes and forgeries are widely collected.

I doubt that you receive anything than a big bill of credit card with load of unknown transactions.

I have a couple of "MB Boheme"s that definitely aren't original, unless MB are selling surplus stock at GBP15 each. Bought one with gold clip etc., liked it, so bought another with chrome.

But they're nice pens, work well, and I enjoy using them. So, yes, I have collected a couple of genuine fakes. And I square my conscience by noting that I would never want to pay full price for that model - or any other pen.

I use a pre paid credit card for such scenarios. To date I have never had a problem and I am still covered my Mastercard purchase protection....win win.

I was thinking about that too. What would happen if I got a prepaid card with only the necessary money and used that? I would be interested in seeing a fake Wall Street and if nothing ever comes don't I have the right to get a refund? Plus if something did actually come and it was fake I could just return it as their policy states that it can be returned within a week of arrival. It also says the following items cannot be returned which don't have a clear translation when put into google translate:

・使用後の商品、または商品の付属品を紛失された商品。

タイムセール品・オークション品・訳あり品などの特価品
商品ページ内に返品不可と明記されている商品
I was wondering if anyone speaks Japanese or knows someone who does that can translate it. Thanks

That and the fact that it's a newly-minted site. Think about it - it's an approximately $700 pen; $160 is too good a deal to be true.

Edit: That last line comes off a little snippy, sorry. I completely get wanting to get a deal on a longed-for pen but if it seems too good to be true it almost always is. I hope you find your pen at a price you can live with.

Don't worry about it and thanks!

I'd stay far away from this, it smells fishy.

Even wasting $160 just for the 'chance' isn't worth it - it'll most likely only cause headache and encourage them to keep scamming people who think they just found their grail pens at a bargain.

It smells. If i found a pen with market price around $600-700 at $160, and the site is fairly new, as well as it comes from China, to me it is a big no no.

Anything "too good to be true" smells fishy, regardless of which country it comes from.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein