Parker 45 in the States

Apollo

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post, but does anyone know of any dealers who carry Parker 45's in the States?

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apollo

• ElaineB

• rowdy

• beaker606

Not any longer. I looked far and wide for P45's not too long ago, and I didn't seen any dealers carrying them in their regular stock. You can find them on eBay, NOS models and vintage.

Thanks Elaine. The search begins. :)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

I, too, looked far and wide for a Parker 45. In my search I learned that ParkerUSA stopped importing the 45 from the UK some time ago. I didn’t save that email so I can’t say when that happened. However, I was informed by someone at sanford-europe.com (Sanford, I believe is Parker’s parent company) that it was still being manufactured in the UK as of November 2004 (I saved that Email).

Fast forward a few months and I started looking for the pen in the UK as a friend is traveling there this summer. I had hoped she could pick up a couple of 45s for me. Well, I had the same trouble finding them in UK pen shops on the web, so I wrote to sanford-europe.com in May and learned that they stopped all production in 2004, presumably after I first contacted them.

I did find a nice vintage pen on Ebay and I am very pleased. I hope to find some NOS nibs/feed units as it is sooooo easy to swap these out on the 45.

Good luck in your searching and hope you have fun doing it!

Kevin

"Your library is your paradise."

--Desiderius Erasmus c.1466-1536

I grew up with the US made 45's. Still think they are a darn nice pen. Heck I used to save to buy one every month for $5.00 (with a Gold nib no less!). Unfotunately they all went by the wayside years ago.

I had a couple of the modern ones but gave them away as gifts (had I known they would stop making them I would have gotten more).

Vintage ones are the best and you can find them around on the "Bay" the green board at Pentrace or here. The only thing I've found with vintage is that over the years the nose cone section can get compressed from the cap (I have one like that currently). Though not all suffer from that. There are many places to get a good vintage 45. Pendemonium (not affiliated) is where I got a couple of my modern ones.

Happy searching.

Rowdy (Kent)

I have a red Parker 45 with Gold trim. The nib is an X which I believe is an extra fine and is gold coloured.

I received this pen through Victor Chen, from Fr. Terry's stock about 6 months ago. Writes well. Although the cap shows normal wear (scuffing, light scratches), there are no dings, bite marks, gouges, notable scratches etc.

If you are intersted, please get in touch.

Gerry

Parker 45 flighter with GT in China costs 290RMB ($30).It has been quite popular among university professors at one time. B) My experience with that pen was quite unpleasant, cause my navy blue 45 had a medium nib------- so broad! But it was brought from England.

PS:Those new 45s are made in UK ,with converters.

http://www.hnparker.com/14001.htm I hope you could see it :)

Regards!

http://www.pathology.org.cn/forum/Upload/2005/8/24304.gif

I have a bright Orange 45 I picked up at a yard sale. I will be posting it for sale in the Marketplace as soon as I get a good image hosting solution, but if you are interested let me know and I can email pictures and info.

Johnny Appleseed

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

I have a bright Orange 45 I picked up at a yard sale. I will be posting it for sale in the Marketplace as soon as I get a good image hosting solution, but if you are interested let me know and I can email pictures and info.

Johnny Appleseed

PM sent. :)

I didn't know Penspiration carried the Parker 45. I must admit to feeling a bit unsure about placing an order with them after reading some negative feedback. I hope they've sorted out their problems.

Try contacting Shlomo at compcons@sunflower.com He is an authorized Parker dealer and often has just about the lowest prices around. Nice fellow, very accomodating. He also has a website at www.comp-cons.com

By the way, if you get the pen, it will usually come with a medium gold-plated steel nib. Parker will replace it with a nib another size (XF, F, M, B) and what they have are 14K nibs, but all you pay is the $10 mailing/swap fee--a nice upgrade!

Good luck--I am a fan of the Parker 45!

Dan Carmell

• 3 months later...

Hi,

The 45 was still in the 2005 Parker catalog though...

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon