Purple/violet Fountain Pens?

FinalEleven

The Sheaffer Prelude came in a luminous purple. There's also the Pelikan M605 in aubergine.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FinalEleven

• VivienR

• tinta

• Bklyn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It depends on your definition of purple/violet. The first picture is an Omas Aubergine which as the name suggests is an eggplant color and the most true purple I have. The second is an Omas Milord which is a burgundy color, and the third is an Omas Titanium Bronze which is a light violet color.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B4859036C-62F2-4530-8088-A38073F0B6BA%7D/origpict/DSCN7049.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/%7BC1484F6B-401A-45B9-83FE-2C2E435F7D51%7D/origpict/1b.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/%7B12254C9F-00D0-4736-BE57-7E6E34538206%7D/origpict/DSCN7721.JPG

That Omas Titanium Bronze is gorgeous. Fellow purple lover here ;)

My Edison (purple web celluloid) clipless Pearl is a plain, brownish purple pen that comes alive in certain light.

Here is just the cap with LED for illumination:

attachicon.gifpwc cap 7-1.jpg

wow, that's gorgeous! Can you see the webbing even without the LED in certain lighting conditions?

Visconti has a Rembrandt in purple which I own, and love and I also have a Monteverde Artista Crystal in purple that works well, has a smooth nib, but I don't care for the grip on it. Good luck on the purple pen search :)

ETA: Visconti also came out with this Limited Edition for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee: SHINY! :D http://www.calligraphictime.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/visconti_diamond_jubilee_purple_fountainpen_vulpen2.jpg

Edited by Feathers

I have a purple Nakaya long cigar...

LORD, that must be so nice. Just WOW.

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

My Edison (purple web celluloid) clipless Pearl is a plain, brownish purple pen that comes alive in certain light.

Beautiful

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

That Omas Titanium Bronze is gorgeous. Fellow purple lover here ;)

wow, that's gorgeous! Can you see the webbing even without the LED in certain lighting conditions?

I never knew that I loved purple all that much. I use Noodlers Concord Grape a lit in one of my pens but I have never really thought in terms of purple for pens. Great look.

Aubergine Cross ATX. I'm rather fond of these pens, nice EDCs.

My favourite is the Kaweco art sport amethyst that someone already mentioned.The acrylic is wonderful, full of depth and beautifully varied.

I've also been casting an envious eye on the edison nouveau premiere purple...I missed the lilac spring 2015 edition, which looked really rather lovely with its more delicate colour.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Whoa...That's mesmerizing.

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

There's also Conway Stewart's Flecked Amethyst material, which was available on a few models, and I believe Renee of Scriptorium Pens has some. I've got a Dinkie in it, and it's lovely.

There's also the Cross Verve Merlot, ST Dupont's Fidelio came in a wonderful purple lacquer over guilloche, the elusive Parker 51 in plum, the Delta Minitrend had a nice aubergine version and I think the Noodlers Ahab came in at least one purple.

Also the newish Omas Vintage edition Alba Violet - now that's purple!

And for lilac, the Montblanc Boheme Pirouette.

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Levenger has issued several of its True Writer pens in purple: the Metallist Amethyst, the Ultra Violet, and the Purple Majesty. (I suspect there are other, older models, as well.)

There's also Conway Stewart's Flecked Amethyst material, which was available on a few models, and I believe Renee of Scriptorium Pens has some. I've got a Dinkie in it, and it's lovely.

There's also the Cross Verve Merlot, ST Dupont's Fidelio came in a wonderful purple lacquer over guilloche, the elusive Parker 51 in plum, the Delta Minitrend had a nice aubergine version and I think the Noodlers Ahab came in at least one purple.

Also the newish Omas Vintage edition Alba Violet - now that's purple!

And for lilac, the Montblanc Boheme Pirouette.

I looked into the Omas Alba Violet, and its beautiful as well. I also love demonstrators...Too bad its sold out all over the place sadly

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

My daughter writes with a purple translucent Sheaffer NoNonsense. Purple is her favourite colour.

Thou shalt not stir one foot to seek a foe.

Eadem Mutata Resurgo.

I have three of these Nemosine SIngularities in different colors. I love the Purple/Magenta one.

It comes with lots of different nib choices too!

Nemosine Singularity Fountain Pen, 0.6mm Calligraphy German Nib, Magenta

http://www.amazon.com/Nemosine-Singularity-Fountain-Magenta-NEM-SIN-13-B/dp/B00HU7IG98/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435691021&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=nemosine+singularity+purple+magenta

Here is a photo of mine with a Noodler's Ahab in King Philip Purple

e3eb07ee142a052d55dc6efc18720152.jpg

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

I looked into the Omas Alba Violet, and its beautiful as well. I also love demonstrators...Too bad its sold out all over the place sadly

Try Marco at Novelli.it. I got mine from him a few months ago.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

And the Delta Fusion 82 in fuchsia (really a purple/mauve) - wonderful depth of colour in the acrylic. I got the brown, which I love, but rather wish I'd gone for this colour.