Purple/violet Fountain Pens?

FinalEleven

I love purple. It's my favorite color. I wish I had more purple fountain pens lol.

I currently own a TWSBI Diamond 580 AL in Violet, a Platinum Plasir in violet and the Pilot Metropolitan Violet Leopard. I used to have a Violet Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator until I lost it...I'm planning to get that pen replaced within the next couple of months. I also know that a Violet Pilot Custom 92 Demonstrator exists. I saw that Pen on eBay a couple of months ago and I neglected to snatch that up when I saw it...I really want that pen (If anyone knows any information about it being sold somewhere please PM me ASAP, Thanks lol).

There's also a Sailor Pro Gear that comes in Blueberry and Purple that I know of. And I know that Pelikan is releasing the M205 in Amethyst soon.

Outside of custom made pens, anyone else know of other Purple/Violet Fountain pens?

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FinalEleven

• VivienR

• tinta

• Bklyn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a translucent purple Parker Vector and a purple Pilot Vanishing Point.

I've seen pics of a purple Lamy Studio and a Lilac-y Esterbrook. Some pens have purple caps but different bodies, like the Pilot Kakuno or Faber Castell Loom.

I have two or maybe 1 1/2..........my first purchase was a Krone Knowledge that is full size & a Montegrappa Piccolo that is MUCH smaller (think pocket pen!) BUT it was a very good price & has a beautiful finish with equally nice broad nib. When posted it is "just right" to use & a full inch larger than the Kaweco Sport. I use purple or green ink in each & really like them both. I also like a "good YELLOW pen!" They look pretty nice sitting with purple pens in a pen cup........kinda like Easter.

There was the Edison Nouveau Premiere Lilac, and there is another purple one (more an amethyst to me, really). And there is the Kaweco Art Sport. And the Faber-Castell Loom.

Ranga 4CS acrylic body, Sheaffer steel inlaid section. The purple & blue swirl seems to be available atm.

http://www.peytonstreetpens.com/ranga-acrylic-4cs-sheaffer-imperial-inlaid-nibs-converter-cartridge.html

Hm...They don't have the purple & white or purple pearl...

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

In my experience the bigger sized purple pens look gaudy.

These flamboyant colours come out better in the small and mid sized pens.

The Sailor Sapporo in purple is a work of art. One just has to know the nib size one wants.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/156369-purple-pens-revisited/

Pilot Decimo violet

Montegrappa Parola mauve

Rosetta Napoleon purple

Visconti Rembrand purple

Ohto Dude purple

Parker Urban Premium amethyst pearl

Cross Beverly purple (discontinued)

Omas Bologna la Magica

There should be even more out there.

Try googling 'purple fountain pen' and then choose the images tab. It's so much fun looking around!

I like purple pens myself. I have:

Cross Beverly

Sheaffer Agio ("Luscious Lavender," they call it)

S.T. Dupont Olympio (probably my favorite purple in terms of looks)

Taccia Nightlife ("Paris Lilac")

Waterman Commando Slim

Waterman Forum

Xezo Incognito

I think that's all of them.

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

I recently bought 'vintage' a purple lizard skin from France. Unfortunately there are no manufacturers marks on it but I assume it is from China. The nib is marked OR 18 carat with 'L, a flower with stem B' in a diamond boarder.

It has a roller clip and looks like a button filler but takes cartridges. It really looks the part and has a firm fine nib.

Kullock has a purple/violet barrel and section for Parker 45, they are often on eBay (seller penpartsstore)

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

Outside of custom made pens, anyone else know of other Purple/Violet Fountain pens?

It depends on your definition of purple/violet. The first picture is an Omas Aubergine which as the name suggests is an eggplant color and the most true purple I have. The second is an Omas Milord which is a burgundy color, and the third is an Omas Titanium Bronze which is a light violet color.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B4859036C-62F2-4530-8088-A38073F0B6BA%7D/origpict/DSCN7049.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/%7BC1484F6B-401A-45B9-83FE-2C2E435F7D51%7D/origpict/1b.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/%7B12254C9F-00D0-4736-BE57-7E6E34538206%7D/origpict/DSCN7721.JPG

Edited by whichwatch

I too like purple / violet pens. I gave my daughter the right to choose from two Airmail 69T - purple swirl and orange swirl I bought when I went to India. She tool the purple swirl.

Then got a dark purple Lamy Al Star. That too is with her.

After all she is only my daughter and the only one.

Regards

Subramoniam

My Edison (purple web celluloid) clipless Pearl is a plain, brownish purple pen that comes alive in certain light.

Here is just the cap with LED for illumination:

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Hero 9038 is purple, and very nice it is too.

Ian