J Herbin 1670 Anniversary Emerald Of Chivor Ink

bureaudirect

I'll get one, and then wait a month before I buy more. I cannot in good conscience claim that I'll do better than that. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though: as this is the first time I'm planning to buy a Herbin 1670 -- is supply generally a problem?

Only immediatley upon release. Everybody sells out like the first day. Then you wait a couple months somebody will have it in stock. So buy all the bottles you want. Just not all at once. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mishka5050

• attika89

• Dhruv_Sood

• DerTiefster

Yeah, I'm going to have to get a bottle of this when it's released. I already have the TWSBI pen featured in the photos, but have it loaded with Vert Reseda (one of the other inks that were tested alongside the Emerald Of Chivor). That is definitely going to be dumped out in favour of this new beauty as soon as I can get some from the guys at Bureau Direct.

I wonder if J Herbin are planning on doing a purple shade with a sparkly shimmer added to it also at some point? I only mention it because I'm planning on getting that same TWSBI in the metallic lilac colour that has just been released and it would be nice to have a matching sparkly mauve ink to go inside it too.

Yeah, I'm pretty sad when it comes to doing stuff like that!

The same rumour sources that whispered that the next 1670 ink was going to be green, are now whispering that next up will be a purple/pink/magenta with gold flakes.

Keep it coming J. Herbin.

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

Only immediatley upon release. Everybody sells out like the first day. Then you wait a couple months somebody will have it in stock. So buy all the bottles you want. Just not all at once. :)

Ah, no problem, then. I doubt I could go through the entire bottle in two months no matter how much I like it. :D

Does it really shade between green and turquoise and even has that sheen? Wow. Just wow. :)

UK 1st of September

US mid-August...

Dang. I'm going on vacation mid-Aug. I guess I'll have to postpone it. The vacation that is.

Dang. I'm going on vacation mid-Aug. I guess I'll have to postpone it. The vacation that is.

No need to postpone... just pre-order. It will be waiting for you once you get back. ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

The same rumour sources that whispered that the next 1670 ink was going to be green, are now whispering that next up will be a purple/pink/magenta with gold flakes.

Keep it coming J. Herbin.

Oh.. Purple please... :puddle: Would stock up for a life from that.

Oh.. Purple please... :puddle: Would stock up for a life from that.

+1 for purple :)

Just to satisfy the needs of all my fp friends :)))))

Personally I don't need (lol) any more ink :P

Has anyone tried making their own "purple?" The Blue WAS reformulated with gold wasn't it? AND we have @ least 3 varieties of Rouge Hematite to choose from...........I just wonder?

Has anyone tried making their own "purple?" The Blue WAS reformulated with gold wasn't it? AND we have @ least 3 varieties of Rouge Hematite to choose from...........I just wonder?

I remember seeing mixes of the RH and BO. It looked amazing!!!

Personally I don't need (lol) any more ink :P

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/rofl.gif

Edited by attika89

Hi,

we have just got in a sample of J Herbin's Emerald of Chivor ink and it deserves a quick review.

I will say this up front : this one is a game changer.

J Herbin caused a revolution last year with Stormy Grey. The anticipation was incredible, the sales were over the roof...and mostly...it got people talking and writing again.

Turns out, Stormy Grey was just the beginning.

This year J Herbin have opted for a green coloured ink with gold specs.

Here is the official info:

After the 1670 Hematite Red, Ocean Blue and Stormy Grey, we now have Chivor Emerald.
In the middle of the XVI century, when the Conquistadors discovered the Colombian emerald mines, in particular the Chivor mine renowned for its emeralds with bluish tints. From then on, because of their exceptional qualities, they conquered the imperial courts of Europe thanks to the Indian traders.
Later, J.Herbin continued his journeys to India. It is said that he always kept an emerald with him as the virtues of this precious stone are thought to protect the traveler…

It is very difficult to photograph and describe, but I will do my best. Post might be a little picture heavy ;)

The bottle is the same as other 3 Anniversary inks.

Teal seal with golden thread. Specs in the bottle remind me of nail varnish.

attachicon.gifHerbinEmerald_03.jpg

Emerald describes the colour very well. Shading goes from Vert Reseda to dark teal. Ink flow is excellent!

attachicon.gifHerbinEmerald_07.jpg

Ink has a heavy outer contour purple sheen (just like Sailor's Yama Budo), but there is also light green metallic sheen (colour similar to Fisher's Green Space Pen). This two-coloured sheen is in my opinion unheard (un-seen) of!

attachicon.gifHerbinEmerald_05.jpg

Just like Stormy Grey, this ink is water-resistant. Not water-proof, but if you use it to write the address on the envelope, it should be OK.

attachicon.gifHerbinEmerald_14.jpg

So here it is...over-all very exciting ink... What do you think? Is it your cup of tea? Would you get a bottle (or two)?

I have been trying to find The One and accumulated almost 100 different colours (mostly green, turquoise, gold) of ink.

This one will rule them all!

Mishka

post-72249-0-66906700-1435332913.jpg

I love it!

This is one ink that I'll dedicate a traveling inkwell to and a wet broad nib!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• 3 weeks later...

OK beautiful people....I am going to give this thread a bump... B) because I love bringing good news!!!!

Ink is on it's way (one month early), so you can pre-order yours here :thumbup: