J Herbin 1670 Anniversary Emerald Of Chivor Ink

bureaudirect

Oh my golly. That looks incredible. I have this high on my wish list.

"Oh deer."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mishka5050

• attika89

• Dhruv_Sood

• DerTiefster

I have the whole 1670 line, and now they add my favorite shade of green! It has to be too good to be true.

Extraordinary, exotic, exceptional and soon to be mine? I am very tempted!

"The cultured man is the man whose interior consciousness is forever obstinately writing down, in the immaterial diary of his psyche's sense of life, every chance aspect of every new day that he is lucky enough to live to behold!" - John Cowper Powys

again...inkgasm!

Lol :) I remember that fairy you did last time... :lol:

I can see you did a comparison with Sailor's Yama Dori. Could we have a closer picture of this? Should be very interesting!

Sure thing! Turns out, that the nearest colour match is actually Private Reserve Blue Suede ;)

BTW this photo did not come out very well (Yama Dori's heavy sheen takes over) ....all credit for the good ones go to Faisal :thumbup:

post-110147-0-17235900-1435433939_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the review.

I'm going to have to buy 1million bottles of this.

Lol :) I remember that fairy you did last time... :lol:

Haha! Yeah! The 'Stormy Grey Making of' :lol:

I have a more subtle one on my mind now, I'll see if I can put it on paper :)

The PR looks really great though!

Thank you for the review.

I'm going to have to buy 1million bottles of this.

:lticaptd: too funny! We have an ongoing joke with @attika89 about who gets how many bottles and why...

I did blend another shallow DOF photo to show off the sheen of 3 inks mentioned above (Sailor Yama-Dori, Private Reserve Blue Suede and J Herbin Emerald Of Chivor). Enjoy!

post-110147-0-23279200-1435436690_thumb.jpg

:lticaptd: too funny! We have an ongoing joke with @attika89 about who gets how many bottles and why...

I did blend another shallow DOF photo to show off the sheen of 3 inks mentioned above (Sailor Yama-Dori, Private Reserve Blue Suede and J Herbin Emerald Of Chivor). Enjoy!

attachicon.gifsheens.jpg

Thanks for the close-up!!!

Yeah! I think fireant is in the lead now :D

I should get one for the color, one for the shading, an other for the sheen and yet an other for the gold :lol:

We'll see, there's some time till September.

Edited by attika89

Big lover of greens here.... You have me at hello... :lol: :lol:

Don't really believe on the "backup" bottle theory.... but I might reconsider for this one.. ;)

I have been trying to find The One and accumulated almost 100 different colours (mostly green, turquoise, gold) of ink.

This one will rule them all!

Mishka

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Very interesting color. I simply cannot miss it. Thank you for the review!

P.S., what is the pen you used? Some how I’m attracted to that too. :)

P.S., what is the pen you used? Some how Im attracted to that too. :)

:) it is green Twsbi580 with 1.1mm nib.

This ink needs a juicy nib, I'm not sure if the gold would show with fine nib...

I nearly died when I got the email about this one. I need it. I have been looking for a good green ink and I think this one will be the one. I showed it to my husband and told him that I NEEDED it when it came out. LOL. I have Stormy Grey and love it so I think this will be my next by. The pics remind me of Noodler's regular line Turquoise which is probably one of my favorite inks.

Life isn't always what you make it. Sometimes it just falls in your lap and you have to deal with it.

For those getting multiple bottles, can you at least wait to the rest of us gets one first?

Not that I will be buying one of these bottles, but given J. Herbin's history of reformulating the 1670 line of inks, I would argue that it makes total sense to be buying multiple bottles if you like the ink. At least that way if it gets reformulated and you prefer the original you have multiple bottles of it...

Been a Blue Suede lover from the time I stained my vermeil Romanica with it. I think it's time to haul out my OBBs as this might become my (pun alert) signature ink. :bunny01: :notworthy1:

:) it is green Twsbi580 with 1.1mm nib.

This ink needs a juicy nib, I'm not sure if the gold would show with fine nib...

Thank you! It is a perfect pen for this ink.

For those getting multiple bottles, can you at least wait to the rest of us gets one first?

I'll get one, and then wait a month before I buy more. I cannot in good conscience claim that I'll do better than that. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though: as this is the first time I'm planning to buy a Herbin 1670 -- is supply generally a problem?