Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Wyvern 101 Button Filler

Hi,

i initially posted this in Repair Q&A, then realised that this was probably the best place.

I just picked up a Wyvern 101, which can be seen here https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/292879-wyvern-101/

but the sac was perished. It is a button filler and I was wondering whether the brass button section needs to be pulled out the same as a Duofold button filler in order to embed the pressure bar. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chunya

• Cob

• northlodge

• garnet

Top Posters In This Topic

Hullo.

I have a client who is a Wyvern collector and I have done probably about 30 pens for him. Of course some are button fillers. Sadly I have not a record of all the pens but I have done 202s and 303s and probably a 101; my memory is awful! I would remove the button just to clean it and polish it anyway. As I recall I located the bar into the button, gave the sac a good dose of French chalk and carefully screwed in the section (left hand thread!).

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

A GREAT FIND!

The Wyvern 101 is a quality pen, much better than the 202,303, 404 etc.

It came in a number of coverings (Snakeskin, croc. leather). I have a mint pen & pencil set here at the moment in a reddish croc skin.

Treat it like any other button filler; remove the button, remove loosen the pressure bar, unscrew the section.

A GREAT FIND!

The Wyvern 101 is a quality pen, much better than the 202,303, 404 etc.

It came in a number of coverings (Snakeskin, croc. leather). I have a mint pen & pencil set here at the moment in a reddish croc skin.

Treat it like any other button filler; remove the button, remove loosen the pressure bar, unscrew the section.

Yes I have done two of them - covered in snake or lizard skin they were. Thanks for the reminder.

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

Many thanks both, I can now approach it with confident caution!

It is a lovely pen, but it takes some getting used to the feel of the skin.

• 7 months later...

101's came in the following skin coverings

Pig

Crocodile

Alligator

Snake

Lizard

Pig skin is the rarest covering. I have a red lizard skin pen and pencil set in a green lizard skin case. These cases are very rare and were made to order.

101's were of a far higher quality than the more common 202, 303 and 404's which by Wyvern standards were of very poor quality due to the reduction in demand for fountain pens in the post war period.

Lamy 2000 xf

PELIKAN 800 (Binder xxxf) Green striated.

Pelikan 140 f & xf

DuoFold (1955) italic

PFM V xf

Collection of 200+ Wyverns