Legacy Family Portrait

ArchiMark

Hi,

Thought I'd kick off the week by sharing a little Sheaffer Legacy goodness with the family portrait below....

Love these lil' bad boys....stubs and all....

Hope you all enjoy them......

I certainly do.....

:)

Mark

PS. Can you spot the 2 Jim Gaston SE's ?......................

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/P1070599_zpsogbzjwnh.jpg

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArchiMark

• FredRydr

• jar

• Pincel

Extreme left: Matte Black

Extreme right: Cobalt Blue

Must be those eagle eyes....

Good job....

Beautiful collection, Mark. I like the proportions of the Legacy. Is the third one gunmetal, or is that just the way it looks on my monitor?

James

Quite a pretty family.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Beautiful collection, Mark. I like the proportions of the Legacy. Is the third one gunmetal, or is that just the way it looks on my monitor?

Thank you for the kind words, Manalto.....

Yes, I think the proportions of the Legacy pens are very good.....and I'm an architect, so, I see proportions every where I look....

And you're right, it's the gunmetal gray finish.....very handsome I think....

Quite a pretty family.

Thank you for your good words, Andrew!

Lovely collection. I now have three and have decided to focus much of my collection on the Legacy and Legacy Heritage. Along with the original PFMs, these are among the most beautiful pens ever designed, IMHO.

Thanks for sharing

Beautiful family. Oh, how I'd love to adopt a sterling silver as a sibling for my cobalt/chrome pen.

And you are absolutely right about the proportions. The lines are nothing short of sublime.

I love my PFMs, but the weight of the Legacy is more to my liking, I must say.

best,

daniel

Lovely collection. I now have three and have decided to focus much of my collection on the Legacy and Legacy Heritage. Along with the original PFMs, these are among the most beautiful pens ever designed, IMHO.

Thanks for sharing

Thank you for the good words, Shaporama.....glad you enjoyed it and to hear that you agree that these are beautiful pens.....

Nice family gathering.

Thank you, jar..... have enjoyed your gang as well..... :)

Beautiful family. Oh, how I'd love to adopt a sterling silver as a sibling for my cobalt/chrome pen.

And you are absolutely right about the proportions. The lines are nothing short of sublime.

I love my PFMs, but the weight of the Legacy is more to my liking, I must say.

best,

daniel

Thank you, Daniel.....

Yes the sterling silver pens are very nice.....

And the proportions are sublime....good way to put it....

I don't know the modern Sheaffers very well. Is that the entire range? I have the smooth sterling silver with a very nice factory broad stub nib, a favorite writer.

Nice family.

Fred

I don't know the modern Sheaffers very well. Is that the entire range? I have the smooth sterling silver with a very nice factory broad stub nib, a favorite writer.

Nice family.

Fred

Here's so much more. I have a Legacy 1 in black on black. Beautiful, but not as fancy as these.

http://www.sheaffertarga.com/Legacy/legacy%20%20reference%20list.html

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Very nice collection. I have the second and the fifth pens in your photo, as well as a "Richmond." These are some of my favorite pens, I think because I grew up writing with Sheaffers and was given a PFM I when I was in 7th grade.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Nice family.

Fred

Look here.

My Website

Nice family.

Fred

Thanks, Fred....wish I had the entire range....that would be quite a family portrait then....would really need a wide-angle lens to get them all in..... :)

I have the smooth sterling silver silver with the stub and agree it's very nice....

Here's so much more. I have a Legacy 1 in black on black. Beautiful, but not as fancy as these.

http://www.sheaffertarga.com/Legacy/legacy%20%20reference%20list.html

I think the black on black is actually quite handsome too.....

Very nice collection. I have the second and the fifth pens in your photo, as well as a "Richmond." These are some of my favorite pens, I think because I grew up writing with Sheaffers and was given a PFM I when I was in 7th grade.

The Richmond is very nice looking pen.....I had those little cheapie Sheaffer school pens with cartridges way back in grade school....those were the days.... :)

Thanks for the links. I had no idea Sheaffer produced so many versions.

Still, I'm content with my sterling Legacy I.

Fred

hi Mark

What a nice collection of Legacy pens!! :puddle:

Especially the blues are magnificent. I know the Jim Gaston cobalt blue, but who is the other gentleman?

I have a smooth sterling silver with stub: really smooth.

I have one "spare" if anyone is interested ;)

hi Mark

Especially the blues are magnificent. I know the Jim Gaston cobalt blue, but who is the other gentleman?

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the good words.....

The other Gaston is the one on the very left....matte black barrel with a gold lined cap......

hi Mark

The Gastons are on the ends and the two next to the Cobalt Blue Gaston are part of the second set of variation released for the Legacy. There was also a lovely red bodied one.

My Website

Still, I'm content with my sterling Legacy I.

Fred

That's like saying, "I'm content with my Bentley." I agree 100%. They're gorgeous, the Touchdown fill is a pleasure to use and the nib is a blast.

James