Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Uncial

Neither have I. I have signed up for it though.

I'll just request them to give me 18 bottles if they have a good price.

Putting my eggs in too many baskets.

Alternatively, you can try hieroglyphes.fr(extremely expensive shipping) or lacouronneducomte.nl(free shipping worldwide over 150 but each bottle is 0.25 expensive than hieroglyphes)

I'd go with lacouronneducomte.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackhorse

• Dhruv_Sood

• drafty

• Biff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got mine from Lamarche, the Canadian distributor for J. Herbin and CF and Rhodia and G.Lalo. :D I've got a business account because of my etsy store.

Thanks...ooh a business account, how posh! :P

Received mine the other day. Took 2 days. I'm debating whether it should go in my new 146 or not!

Edited by Drafty

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."

Neither have I. I have signed up for it though.

I'll just request them to give me 18 bottles if they have a good price.

Putting my eggs in too many baskets.

Alternatively, you can try hieroglyphes.fr(extremely expensive shipping) or lacouronneducomte.nl(free shipping worldwide over 150 but each bottle is 0.25 expensive than hieroglyphes)

I'd go with lacouronneducomte.

The Netherlands store has a good price. I don't intend to spend Euro 150 so I won't get free shipping. But even with insured shipping and converting the Euro to $, and taking off the 21% VAT, it's only $20 a bottle! That might be the same as Massdrop, though, who knows? But I also might have to pay an import duty though that is uncertain. I've purchased ink overseas before online and didn't have to pay a duty. But I bought a watch from Portugal once and owed about $25 duty on the $440 watch. I think U.S. customs lets lower values into the country without any duties as it's too much trouble, not sure what the cutoff amount is. Of course that watch was worth a lot more than a bottle of ink. Edited by Chatsworth Osborne Jr.

I don't think your custom authorities are going to charge any custom duty on a $20 item. Not even $60 if you order 3.

Indian customs are a lot more strict though. They charged duty on ¥9,100 worth of inks including shipping which is less than $100.

Although I got a Nakaya past them.

I got in on the Massdrop for the inks and altogether, with tax and shipping, it was $63.27 for three of the inks.

Mass drop can get you some good deals, but you have to be willing to be patient. It can take a fair amount of time between joining the drop and getting your purchase. But if you can wait, then you can get some good deals there. I bought all four sizes of Pilot Parallel pens and a convertor for a total of $32.18 but it took a month or so.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I got in on the Massdrop for the inks and altogether, with tax and shipping, it was $63.27 for three of the inks.

Mass drop can get you some good deals, but you have to be willing to be patient. It can take a fair amount of time between joining the drop and getting your purchase. But if you can wait, then you can get some good deals there. I bought all four sizes of Pilot Parallel pens and a convertor for a total of $32.18 but it took a month or so.

I just ordered all four Pilot Parallel Pens, how do you like 'em? I'd like to ease into edge calligraphy and figured this would be a decent start. Also gonna use these pens to help my 13 year old potato with his writing, which is atrocious--trying to keep it fun for him.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Alternatively, you can try hieroglyphes.fr(extremely expensive shipping)

Hieroglyphes is a one person company, the owner, Mrs. Struck. She applies the postal french fees (which, by the way, have terribly increased since the 1st Januray 2015), and because she is mainly a french market supplier, she probably has no Fedex, or other international speedpost contracts negotiated (I am just guessing, no certainty whatsoever).

On the other hand, she is the only one proposing all Herbin inks, and at great prices.

And the 1670 inks are at 14,70€ at her site, the cheapest price we can find.

But yes, french postal fees are a will taker.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

^can she be negotiated with to use cheaper shipping option? I see that she is using some colissimo service which is don't think is French postal service. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

The pretty bottle and wax seal are nice, I wonder how much extra we pay for that (?)

I like the bottle but I could lose the wax seal.

Edited by Chatsworth Osborne Jr.

I think I'd be getting it for a lot cheaper than $21 a bottle.

The wax holds the satchel/thread in place otherwise it can come off like with my bottle of Iroshizuku.

Wheee Hawwwww !!!

My bottle just shipped from Gold Spot this morning. It's finally in stock!!!

Edited by Blackhorse

I got a bottle on Amazon, it was $30 but with free shipping. It should be here Thursday. C'mon USPS!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

This is the readout from Gold Spot:

==================================================================

Ordered: 1 H150-35

J Herbin 1670 Anniversary Emerald of Chivor Ink $26.00

==================================================================

Product Total: $26.00

Sales Tax: $0.00

Shipping: $3.95

Grand Total: $29.95

Expensive, sure. But I don't do this often. Once or twice a year.

Sure looking forward to it though. Thinkin' it should be amazing with my glass dip pen.

Wow! It was in...now it's gone! Goulet had it...I ordered another bottle from them...all OK...just yesterday. But as of their e-newsletter received this morning...it's sold out.

Initial run is very soon to become...unobtainium!

So I finally put E of C in a Safari with a 1.1 stub.

No doubt it's good looking, and goes down wet. It's more straight up Turquoise than anything else, but whatever.

I'm not getting the gold or much of a sheen though.

Anyone writing with it? Do I have to go for a few pages until it comes through like magic or have we all been led on by the ink splatter pics from Herbin?

So I finally put E of C in a Safari with a 1.1 stub.

No doubt it's good looking, and goes down wet. It's more straight up Turquoise than anything else, but whatever.

I'm not getting the gold or much of a sheen though.

Anyone writing with it? Do I have to go for a few pages until it comes through like magic or have we all been led on by the ink splatter pics from Herbin?

I used it in a 1.9 Sheaffer nib & am really happy with the shading & surprised to like the color as much as I do. It is darker than most turquoise inks I have & really a pleasant color, crossing the line of turquoise but coming out with a more pleasant result (for me.) I shook the bottle & the converter before using & believe the gold is more subtle that it was in Stormy Grey. BUT it is there & I am fine with it's subtlety. I think the great looking "splotches" we have seen may have spoiled our expectations for the ink. It is all there in my "written line" BUT just not really obvious.

Ohhhhh! Two bottles just wandered in the front door here at the kennel. Gonna be a fun afternoon!

I used it in a 1.9 Sheaffer nib & am really happy with the shading & surprised to like the color as much as I do. It is darker than most turquoise inks I have & really a pleasant color, crossing the line of turquoise but coming out with a more pleasant result (for me.) I shook the bottle & the converter before using & believe the gold is more subtle that it was in Stormy Grey. BUT it is there & I am fine with it's subtlety. I think the great looking "splotches" we have seen may have spoiled our expectations for the ink. It is all there in my "written line" BUT just not really obvious.

Thanks for that. Now I'm looking closer, I can see what you mean. I'm super happy anyway because that dark turquoise is excellent. I shook the bottle and now I left the pen nib down and it's starting to do the trick. I didn't want garish but I wanted something and it's coming through now.

Thanks a lot.

ps. the 1.1 Safari nib is really putting it down nicely.