Sample Whitelines Pages From Leuchtturm 1917 Notebook

Good afternoon,

I have recently picked up my first copy of the Leuchtturm Whitelines with dot grid notebook (5.75x8.28 inch, A5?). While I have had a few of the original 1917 notebooks this is my first Whitelines edition. One of the features of these notebooks are perforated pages at the back of these notebooks that I never use as my work has to be on bound number pages.

The question is would people be interested in me sending out some of these pages so that they can try out the paper? I will keep a couple so I can spare six, if people are interested I am thinking 3 interested random parties get 2 pages each? Thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snewman

• tat2drn

• londonbooks

• lionheartlee

Be consider me! I would love to try that paper out!

Fantasy is Eminent when Reality is Sufficient.

Seeing as there is at least some interest, I will accept interested parties until I select random numbers the evening of June 10th.

I think my pen pals would appreciate a different paper. Consider me interested.

Cool

tat2drn, was that cool as in you like the idea or cool as in you want your name in?

Once I get a responce from tat2drn I will draw the numbers, should it be necessary.

Edited by snewman

So I have enough for three people and four interested parties so regardless of how I do this one of you is going to get let out and for that I apologize. Here is how I will do this I am numbering you in order of posting

1. BluePanda88
  2. londonbooks
  3. lionheartlee
  4. tat2drn

I am using the random number generator at random.org to generate 3 numbers between 1 and 4. If your number comes up twice I will re-roll that number. The numbers are: 2, 4, 3

londonbooks, lionheartlee, and tat2drn each get 2 of the perforated pages out of my Leuchtturm Whitelines notebook. I am not sure how we normally proceed, I am guessing you each pm me with the address you want me to send these.

Sorry BluePanda88, numbers did not come out your way I will remember you if I find myself with more Whitelines stuff.

You know what BluePanda...I had expected more than just 4 people and even though it is what I said I feel kind of bad leaving one person out especially the first one to post and you seemed so keen to try the paper.

It is technically not within the outline of the PIF as I wrote it and I do not know how particular people are about this but I do have one extra sheet I was planning on keeping. If you really want to try this paper out pm me and I will send it out.
P.S. I am posting this here instead of a private PM just to keep everything above board and honest. LOL here I am treating this like it is for something more important than a few sheets of paper. This is what I get for posting to the forum so late at night.

• 3 weeks later...

I know there has not been much movement on this. Things on my end here suddenly got a bit hectic. I just wanted to let you know the papers have been sent out this morning. I hope you enjoy them.

questions please?

will you report back on these sheets?

will Whitelines now be available in this format?

And, in the USA?

The whitelines paper I used in the past (pad form) is a personal favorite.

Yes Rhodia is smooth and wonderful in every way, almost too smooth. Not surprisingly the Rhodia version this year similar to whitelines in dotgrid was favorite.

Whitelines is not quite as smooth, but it's unique subtle appearance, along with printer disappearing act is versatile. It IS very ink friendly along with not too slippery. It's friendly and subtly nib friendly tactile.

I've not yet tried Tomoe River.

As a baseline I do use and like Sugarcane regularly, my single gripe is that it wrinkles something awful.

Thanks.

I was planning on doing a review of the last sheets I have, I will post a link here when I get it up. As to what formats whitelines will be available in I am uncertain, this is some kind of partnership between them and Leuchtturm. If there are available here in Canadian stores I would imagine they are available in the USA.

For example amazon.com has a huge selection of sizes as well as guides (lines and dots). I am not 100% certain on the policy of posting links so I will just say do a search at Amazon for Leuchtturm Whitelines.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my sheets in the mail yesterday and want to thank you for taking the trouble to send them out. Very nice paper. I hate to get it all inky and stuff and I'll have to pay closer attention to my penmanship (that's a stretch) while writing.