Pelikan Hubs 2015 Portland

fireant

Hello--is anyone in the Portland/Vancouver/Salem area interested in participating in the Pelikan Hubs 2015?

Basically we meet on Sep 25th at 6:30om location tbd for now.

The deadline for signing up through Pelikan is July 30th but they are recommending registering registering as early as June 30th to get our city on the official hub list.

Registration is here.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fireant

• writetome

• Bounce792

• 1 month later...

I can't edit my original post now...so here goes.

Portland was selected as one of the Hubs!!

If you think you'd like to attend please go and register. Pelikan told me that we can exceed the 25 people mark as long as everyone registers and we can handle a larger crowd. Since I have a site that can accommodate a crowd so no worries.

In order to receive the Pelikan gift you will need to register here. If you want to bring a guest please have them register.

The intent of the event is to build communities who love fountain pens and ink. IF you don't currently own a Pelikan, don't worry-perhaps seeing some of the pens there will inspire you.

Excellent!! I just registered, I don't have a Pel (yet) but am dying to see some and choose a style while there.

Going to the Portland (Lucky Lab) show on July 11th,it'll be my first. Ha, I'm glad it's at the Lab because I have no idea what to expect 😶 . I'm sure it'll be a great time, I love pens and love learning.... Thanks for this, I would have never known! :)

Two lovers in the rain have no need of an umbrella

~ Japanese Proverb ~

Excellent!! I just registered, I don't have a Pel (yet) but am dying to see some and choose a style while there.

Going to the Portland (Lucky Lab) show on July 11th,it'll be my first. Ha, I'm glad it's at the Lab because I have no idea what to expect 😶 . I'm sure it'll be a great time, I love pens and love learning.... Thanks for this, I would have never known! :)

~ Japanese Proverb ~

I went to their meet up in April and they are really nice and friendly. If you get a chance to go to one GO~~

The amount of pens in cases and was staggering. I actually got to write with a Nakaya there. I brought some inked up pens and people were playing with pens and talking about the ones they brought. Someone heard me say I liked the parker orange duofolds and he handed me one...I ended up buying it. :)

Depending on when you're there on the 11th I may see you. My BF and I will be there oogling all the pens. I think there are over 14 vendors at the moment. :)

Edited by fireant

I went to their meet up in April and they are really nice and friendly. If you get a chance to go to one GO~~

The amount of pens in cases and was staggering. I actually got to write with a Nakaya there. I brought some inked up pens and people were playing with pens and talking about the ones they brought. Someone heard me say I liked the parker orange duofolds and he handed me one...I ended up buying it. :)

Depending on when you're there on the 11th I may see you. My BF and I will be there oogling all the pens. I think there are over 14 vendors at the moment. :)

:wub: Nakaya.... a friend of mine has an amazing red/black one and he says it's the smoothest most reliable pen he's tried (he and I have expensive taste - the difference is he can afford them LOL).

I'm not quite sure what time yet, I figure noon is about the earliest I can "sample" some of the Lab's brews, so probably around noon. ;) I'll be the lone redhead looking lost in a sea of awesome, probably staring off into the distance as I ponder how (or if :lticaptd: ) to tell hubby how much I spent. Hehehe

I'm excited! I actually get to talk to ppl who like pens, ink, and paper - and realize that spending $XX on a pen, ink, or notebook is an "experience" (and at $XX an inexpensive experience) that can't be satisfied by anything they could possibly snag from their work office.

~ Japanese Proverb ~

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder, if you'd like to attend the Pelikan Hubs we'd love to have you!

Please make sure you register and if you're bring guests, please have them register. Pelikan sends the swag based on the number registered. This means if you bring someone who isn't registered they will be sad to be swagless.

Register here. When you see the notice that Pelikan shares your data, all that means is that your name and email are given to the city Hub Master so they can contact you with info on where the event will be hosted.

Hope to see ya'll there!

• 4 weeks later...

Pelikan sent the names of the Portland participants to me earlier this week. I sent out the email with the details about the meeting location.

If you signed up for the Portland Hub and have not received an email about the hub, please pm me here and I can copy paste it to you through FPN..

As a reminder, if you are attending, please don't publicize the meeting location/details via social media. Pelikan is only sending enough swag for registered participants and I'd hate for people to show and be disappointed.

So excited! The stats were really fun to see, also. 👋

I over did my "allowance" (hard to pass up a great find!) so I won't have a Pelikan by then, but I'll bring some dip pens (the nibs), Tomoe River, and more than likely the new J.Herbin 1670 Emerald for those that want to play with it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

~ Japanese Proverb ~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Hub is next Friday!!

I just sent out reminder emails, if you don't see one in your in box feel free to PM me here and I can reply with the email data.

See you next Friday.