Indian "Camlin" Royal Blue Ink

Julia161

Recently got by post Indian "Camlin" Royal Blue ink 60ml. It came in a box, carefully packed. I liked the cap on a bottle - it opens easily and at the same time not a drop spilled during the transportation. The quality of ink is also nice. It's a bit more liquid than "Parker", but writes great on average quality paper (not too porous). This ink doesn't colorise the pen's grip section too fast (like for ex. USSR "Raduga") and doesn't dry if left for more than a couple of days inside the pen without writing, which are additional pluses. The smell of this ink is very light and quite pleasant. Would I buy it again? Yes, and I'd like to try other colors. Here are the pictures of the bottle and writing. At the moment this ink is one of my favourites.

post-112970-0-16670600-1432938493_thumb.jpg

post-112970-0-32983900-1432938507_thumb.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia161

• congo

• UncleRJ

• Arijit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks to be well saturated. I think a broad nib would work well with Camlin royal blue.

Is the pen the "Raduga" mentioned? What color is it? I love the color.

I like this ink but found the caps once opened would not secure the ink anymore as the would just keep turning - my solution was Urine sample bottles - perfect fit and air tight so my ink is safe - plus point is if you buy them online they double up as catridge / converter / spare part storage devices.

But back to the ink if you mix it with Camlin Scarlet Red you get a lovely purple colour - in my ratio it was a near perfect match for Diamine Tyrian Purple.

Great job, Julia!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Nice blue.

And what is the pen you are using, Julia?

Hi, on this particular photo is vintage Chinese Tatung 717.

Edited by Julia161

Hi, on this particular photo is vintage Chinese Tatung 717.

Aah! The pen of my childhood and teens. Brings very fond memories.

Nice review.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the ink. Have about 10 bottles of it! :D I guess its the reliability and the fill-and-forget nature of the ink that makes it so practical. I have been using this ink since my school days till now. Thats almost 20 years! And NEVER had any problems with this ink. I love blues and this reminds me of the colour of the deep sea or late evening/midnight sky.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, congo said:

Does anybody know whether this ink is still available in the glass bottles or just the plastic ones?

The older version used to be in Glass bottles. Now, it is sold in plastic ones. As I liked the glass bottles, I did not throw them out. So i just refill the glass bottles with the plastic ones. 

• 7 months later...
On 1/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, cvk said:

The older version used to be in Glass bottles. Now, it is sold in plastic ones. As I liked the glass bottles, I did not throw them out. So i just refill the glass bottles with the plastic ones. 

I regret that I threw away some glass bottles in the past. Now I keep all that remained. Plastic ones are not so good and they often  leak during transportation :(