S.t. Dupont Classique 1 Bp/mp Exchangeable?

While I am familiar with the S.T. Dupont Olympio/Orpheo line of twist-action pens being ballpoint-/mechanical pencil-exchangeable, I am wondering if this functionality extended to the Classique 1 and 2 ballpoint pens.

I have recently received a rather battered Classique, which I think is one of the first-generation 1970s or early-1980s Classique ballpoint pens, into which I can insert a Dupont mechanical pencil insert; however, twisting the barrel does not propel the lead itself, merely extending and retracting the entire refill like on the ballpoint.

On the Olympio, the first twist to an intermediate lock extends the refill and a further twist to a hard lock will extend the lead. In the case of my Classique, there is some looseness about the twist motion and I cannot determine if the mechanism is worn or if the functionality does not actually exist in such an early model. I am fairly certain that the contemporary crop of Classique 2 pens are ballpoint-/pencil-exchangeable.

I am not sure if this is relevant but I am convinced of the authenticity of my Classique.

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NxTxSv

• Axel63

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

the mechanical pencil insert won't work in a "Classique" pen from the 70s or 80s, as it was originally designed and produced for pens of the "Olympio" and "Fiidelio" erange from the 90s on.

Thank you for the clarification, Axel. I guess I should have worked that out logically myself, based on the information from the Olympio era.

It'll be fun trying to identify a first or second generation from a third generation Classique 1.